[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Increase Meso Drops for High Level Mobs

blackacidevilblackacidevil
Reactions: 320
edited September 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The game is suffering due to the huge increase in meso prices. People were reliant on buying mesos (nobody made them legit unless they were already huge fat whales and could kill the hardest bosses in the game each week)... now it seems Nexon has changed some things and there aren't really any hackers anymore since V213 or so. This is good for many reasons, however not for the market. Since people were so dependant on hackers to get their mesos, and now those hackers couldn't get mesos that way anymore as easily... the hackers raised their prices almost 10 times what they were (almost 20x from just a year or more ago).

People need more efficient ways to make mesos in the game. The game is all about grinding, adding larger mesos amounts for mobs that are harder to kill just makes sense. Being able to grind for mesos just makes sense in a game like Maplestory. If you notice, once you hit about level 100+ or something, the mobs all drop 1-2k mesos MAX... this is true for the remainder of the game, even if you were killing level 250+ mobs ( though I don't believe those drop ANY mesos...).

The community were in the hackers pockets... you can tell because the ENTIRE market shifted when the hackers raised their prices from 1 bil for a couple dollars to 1bil for twenty dollars or more.... the marketplace completely reflected that. It would be one thing if hackers raised their prices and the market DID NOT change... however, that was not the case... the evidence speaks for itself.

I vote we make mobs level 120-180 drop 5-10k mesos each and mobs 200+ drop anywhere from 10-50k each kill. I know it seems like A LOT OF MESARS at first. But come on, how else are people supposed to get them? Are we trying to play a game here or just make money? I can't tell anymore...

Thoughts?
darik

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    I can't tell what you're saying here. Did you like having bots infesting almost every map, spamming in henesys all hours of the day and night, because things were cheaper and easier to get? And now that they're gone and the market has trended upward, you're unhappy?

Suffice it to say, with the sheer amount of meso sinks already present in the game, I'd wager that "increase the base meso amount per drop" is far from their to-do list.

Minor hilarious footnote: mesos were almost worthless when the bots were around, to the point where I think bera's meso market rates were 1b for 10k or less maple points. I don't think it's that big a problem that mesos are slowly becoming more valuable again.
  • XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited September 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I can't tell what you're saying here. Did you like having bots infesting almost every map, spamming in henesys all hours of the day and night, because things were cheaper and easier to get? And now that they're gone and the market has trended upward, you're unhappy?

Suffice it to say, with the sheer amount of meso sinks already present in the game, I'd wager that "increase the base meso amount per drop" is far from their to-do list.

Minor hilarious footnote: mesos were almost worthless when the bots were around, to the point where I think bera's meso market rates were 1b for 10k or less maple points. I don't think it's that big a problem that mesos are slowly becoming more valuable again.

I think you missed his point. He's not saying he misses the bots infesting maps, hes saying the elimination of botters has caused an unstable increase in the cost of mesos. Which is true, the increase in value for mesos has not be 'slow'. It literally skyrocketed 1000% within a month or two. if a starforce attempt costs you 100m, the difference is 20cents before vs. >$2 now.

Obviously eliminating hackers is a good thing, the only reason their elimination led to mesos going up 1000% is because Nexon allowed the state of the game to rely on hackers.

But lets not twist what his point was.
    darik
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited September 2020

You are always on this forum responding to a ton of threads getting triggered by everything all the time. Chill out.

OP never said he liked having bots around. Stop putting words in his mouth. You also completely missed the point. Meso sinks are the reason why people need more meso. Hackers provided the meso to starforce, and now that the hackers are gone (whether or not hackers being banned is a good thing), starforcing prices are unrealistically high, especially when compared to the amount of meso per drop (instead of the in-game economy).

As for your minor hilarious footnote which is so hilariously funny, I don't know about you, but 10k for 1b meso doesn't sound like the meso is "worthless." In fact, 10k maple points for 1b sounds rather expensive doesnt it?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020
    I believe I understood the point well enough. He misses the cheap and plentiful mesos that was perpetuated solely by bots. He wants the cheap mesos without the bots. But given the amount of meso sinks in the game, do you really think nexon is going to increase the amount of mesos someone can earn?
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited September 2020
    I believe I understood the point well enough. He misses the cheap and plentiful mesos that was perpetuated solely by bots. He wants the cheap mesos without the bots. But given the amount of meso sinks in the game, do you really think nexon is going to increase the amount of mesos someone can earn?

Again, missed OP's point and mine as well.

If your going to reply to people on the forum, who are at least attempting to give nexon good feedback, the least you could do is reply to what he is actually saying, and have a real discussion about it.

I don't even play normal servers. So I'm not saying OP's suggestion is a good solution, but don't put words into his mouth and change his point.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2020
    He literally said that the lack of hackers is not good for the market. Tell me how I'm missing points and putting words into peoples' mouths.
    The game is suffering due to the huge increase in meso prices. People were reliant on buying mesos (nobody made them legit unless they were already huge fat whales and could kill the hardest bosses in the game each week)... now it seems Nexon has changed some things and there aren't really any hackers anymore since V213 or so. This is good for many reasons, however not for the market. Since people were so dependant on hackers to get their mesos, and now those hackers couldn't get mesos that way anymore as easily... the hackers raised their prices almost 10 times what they were (almost 20x from just a year or more ago).

What's more is he's apparently talking about the rates at which the gold-selling sites are selling their ill-gotten funds as if that should have any influence on things.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2020
    XiangTu wrote: »

I think you missed his point. He's not saying he misses the bots infesting maps, hes saying the elimination of botters has caused an unstable increase in the cost of mesos. Which is true, the increase in value for mesos has not be 'slow'. It literally skyrocketed 1000% within a month or two. if a starforce attempt costs you 100m, the difference is 20cents before vs. >$2 now.

Obviously eliminating hackers is a good thing, the only reason their elimination led to mesos going up 1000% is because Nexon allowed the state of the game to rely on hackers.

But lets not twist what his point was.

i completely agree to what OP and you said, something needs to be done so that the game becomes healthier and healthier with time.
  • darikdarik
    edited September 2020
    He literally said that the lack of hackers is not good for the market. Tell me how I'm missing points and putting words into peoples' mouths.

What's more is he's apparently talking about the rates at which the gold-selling sites are selling their ill-gotten funds as if that should have any influence on things.

Dude come on, learn to comprehend reading, he isnt saying anything related to missing hackers... dont try to invent stuff to make OPs good suggestion into a bad one for the sake of idk what reason ... , 2 people have already tried to explain you that OP doesnt mean what youre saying yet youve decided to ignore them and keep trying to twist his good idea, idk whyy do you have to be so toxic when OP is only trying to make the game healthier.
  • dorkydorky
    Reactions: 730
    edited September 2020
    darik wrote: »

*snip* dont try to invent stuff to make OPs good suggestion into a bad one for the sake of idk what reason ... ,*snip*

he does this all the time , its obnoxious af. i dont know why he does this, its been going on for years
    darik
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited September 2020
    make incremental jumps in meso/node drops for each area in Arcane River would be nice tho. Huge incentive for people to push toward Limina instead of farming at meta maps like CLP/Upper Path/MTS2 forever, especially in Reboot where all the farmers stays at Arcana
    darik
  • darikdarik
    edited September 2020
    Beef wrote: »
    make incremental jumps in meso/node drops for each area in Arcane River would be nice tho. Huge incentive for people to push toward Limina instead of farming at meta maps like CLP/Upper Path/MTS2 forever, especially in Reboot where all the farmers stays at Arcana
    i agree, reboot needs this too, its stupid that almost all players stay in arcana because it has the best layouts and it gives droplets, whats the point in training in 250 + areas besides wanting to go to 275? Meso is the same and it doesnt drop droplets... Its such a poor design that because of the lack of further areas, people decide to stick to lower areas to get mesos and droplets....
  • YacyYacy
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited October 2020
    i agree, reboot needs this too, its stupid that almost all players stay in arcana because it has the best layouts and it gives droplets, whats the point in training in 250 + areas besides wanting to go to 275? Meso is the same and it doesnt drop droplets... Its such a poor design that because of the lack of further areas, people decide to stick to lower areas to get mesos and droplets....

It will happen soon. Soon 250+ areas will drop Esfera Droplets.

Then if you ask me ''what's soon''? Something like 6 months, I believe.
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2020
    Yacy wrote: »

It will happen soon. Soon 250+ areas will drop Esfera Droplets.

Then if you ask me ''what's soon''? Something like 6 months, I believe.

yeh ok, droplets but what about meso man? Its still the same meso from lv 225 mobs, isnt that a bit stupid and a bad game design?
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited October 2020
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. Bad idea.
    Huge increase in value of meso made A LOT of things sooooo much better. Things on auction house, like CRA gears, are so much cheaper now, which greatly helps new players. And because the value of the meso went up, a lot of people are actually farming mesos with meso/item drop gears. That + increase in meso value brought nodestone cost down to ~2 million mesos (it's cheaper than KMS!!!!!). Cubes can actually be purchased with meso via meso market. Mesos obtained from boss crystals are actually worth getting. And on and on and on. Making mobs drop more mesos, especially with the presence of Wild/Frenzy totem, will end up reverting the current state to old god awful days when meso was worth jack $hit. As for starforce cost, it's balanced to match with kms star force cost. GMS meso value is ~$2/100mill and KMS meso value is ~$4/100mill, and the star force cost of GMS is around 1.6~2 times that of KMS, which matches with the meso values of each region. GMS just had it ez with starforce for years because meso was dirt @ss cheap. At the end of the day, people are just frustrated because people were veryyyyyyyyyyyy used to getting dirt cheap mesos from bots for years. People will just have to learn to adept to new better improved meso economy. Start figuring out how to maximize your meso gains with your playtime. Start doing daily bosses with you usually skipped with your main AND the mules. Start doing maple tour everyday. Make some of mules stronger to be able to do some of the weekly bosses like n cyg, h hilla, c zak and cras. Farm mesos for ~2 hours with wild totem when you have some time. And etc etc.
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. Bad idea.
    Huge increase in value of meso made A LOT of things sooooo much better. Things on auction house, like CRA gears, are so much cheaper now, which greatly helps new players. And because the value of the meso went up, a lot of people are actually farming mesos with meso/item drop gears. That + increase in meso value brought nodestone cost down to ~2 million mesos (it's cheaper than KMS!!!!!). Cubes can actually be purchased with meso via meso market. Mesos obtained from boss crystals are actually worth getting. And on and on and on. Making mobs drop more mesos, especially with the presence of Wild/Frenzy totem, will end up reverting the current state to old god awful days when meso was worth jack $hit. As for starforce cost, it's balanced to match with kms star force cost. GMS meso value is ~$2/100mill and KMS meso value is ~$4/100mill, and the star force cost of GMS is around 1.6~2 times that of KMS, which matches with the meso values of each region. GMS just had it ez with starforce for years because meso was dirt @ss cheap. At the end of the day, people are just frustrated because people were veryyyyyyyyyyyy used to getting dirt cheap mesos from bots for years. People will just have to learn to adept to new better improved meso economy. Start figuring out how to maximize your meso gains with your playtime. Start doing daily bosses with you usually skipped with your main AND the mules. Start doing maple tour everyday. Make some of mules stronger to be able to do some of the weekly bosses like n cyg, h hilla, c zak and cras. Farm mesos for ~2 hours with wild totem when you have some time. And etc etc.

whilee it may be good for normal servers, it did nothing for reboot though.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited October 2020

whilee it may be good for normal servers, it did nothing for reboot though.

lol ummmmm ok?? What does reboot have anything to do with the topic of conversation here? Reboot is reboot. Reboot meso has no "real money" value because it's "f2p" server. Yall went into reboot knowing how grindy af reboot server is gonna be. I know that Reboot's loss of byebye kanna meso farming is equivalent of regular server's loss of ez bot mesos, but the answer is still the same. People will just have to adept to the new economy.
    Although, I'll say that they should change all reboot pets into vac pets. It will lower the stress of grinding more appropriately than increasing the base meso drops, and will get people to move their @ss out of arcana
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited October 2020
    try making meso gear, and a 2nd main to boss with, some people boss on 3+ characters.
    as bossing is literally the meso generation for killing higher level stuff that you are asking for.
    but I guess that's too much effort?

I mean I would rather grind bosses on 3 characters than grind alts for hours to make the same amount.

you got too used to the game being run by botters..
    if you want a more realistic look at the market, look at KMS and its meso market. which has been more or less balanced much longer than gms

and on quite the contratry...
    i love the fact that 100m is no longer worthless in game..
    i can actually put money into the meso market and not feel like it was a waste of my effort.
    something i generally did not do,

if you are someone who regularly puts money into the meso market then ya it may not be great for you
    but you also now have the option to earn meso yourself as its worth more

besides increasing meso from mobs do you have other ideas?

i think a BASE increase of meso gains in ALL PQ's would incentivize more play. i feel pretty indifferent about only an increase from mobs, tho i guess it does also make sense since yes we do grind alot.

a reduction in costs would also help.

removing redundant meso costs like cubing ect.