[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What's (the point of) Your Maplestory?

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited September 2020 in General Chat
Just thought I noticed something, probably very trivial and obvious, perhaps even counts as toxic to the developers or admins...
It really is just advertising the game for new players or show the game as much enticing as possible to anyone reading...
the point is then, of course, to ONLY promote the positive things player felt or experienced... that is really horrible in my opinion...
Look, if you have a hard time admitting to the fault or issue inside the game that is fine, but now you are giving false hope to the public...
I am not saying it is wrong or bad wanting the best (profit) out of your business, but please be more honest and considerate (??)

What I see coming is that new players will be attracted into the game only to find out annoyance here and there as they play...
I am not saying Nexon should take down the posts, but I'd rather be reading posts that are more balanced in their feedback on the game...
It is rather just stupid to be reading, or even just expecting to read, stuffs that put NOTHING BUT glory on a game that has its issues...
Issues that others have brought up again and again as they compare the old times to the present times, I won't give examples here to trigger people lol

Just my 2 cents, Nexon, and Maplestory developers. Thanks.

I am sure some people will still rage (be triggered) on this topic, I am still going to say this beforehand, please don't rage, be and speak civilized,
and most importantly, please do not rant but be as much constructive in your response as possible. Much appreciated.

last edit. sorry, I think this would qualify as feedback/ suggestion, please move it there for me if deemed necessary, my bad, thanks!!

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    You can't expect a company to promote the negative aspects of their product, can you? That being said I've skimmed a couple of them and literally have never heard of these people.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2020
    My aim in this game is to be the number 1 of my class in my server, luckily i play a class that isnt very common so im almost there alrdy, what motivates me is my guildmates, who are some of the stronguest if not the stronguest people in the server i play and seeing other people of my same job trying to surpass me xD.

Regarding what you said, thinking that a company would promote their mistakes is plain nonsense. Its a company, ergo they need to make money off the product they advertise, if they advertise the bad things, it wont attract anyone into the game , its just common sense man.

Like i always say, people tend to forget that Maplestory is run by a company, which means they need to earn profit off it, otherwise the game wouldnt exist.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited September 2020
    seems more like a rant than a question,,, the question in your title seems completly unrelated
    darik
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2020
    Just thought I noticed something, probably very trivial and obvious, perhaps even counts as toxic to the developers or admins...
    It really is just advertising the game for new players or show the game as much enticing as possible to anyone reading...
    the point is then, of course, to ONLY promote the positive things player felt or experienced... that is really horrible in my opinion...
    Look, if you have a hard time admitting to the fault or issue inside the game that is fine, but now you are giving false hope to the public...
    I am not saying it is wrong or bad wanting the best (profit) out of your business, but please be more honest and considerate (??)

What I see coming is that new players will be attracted into the game only to find out annoyance here and there as they play...
    I am not saying Nexon should take down the posts, but I'd rather be reading posts that are more balanced in their feedback on the game...
    It is rather just stupid to be reading, or even just expecting to read, stuffs that put NOTHING BUT glory on a game that has its issues...
    Issues that others have brought up again and again as they compare the old times to the present times, I won't give examples here to trigger people lol

Just my 2 cents, Nexon, and Maplestory developers. Thanks.

I am sure some people will still rage (be triggered) on this topic, I am still going to say this beforehand, please don't rage, be and speak civilized,
    and most importantly, please do not rant but be as much constructive in your response as possible. Much appreciated.

last edit. sorry, I think this would qualify as feedback/ suggestion, please move it there for me if deemed necessary, my bad, thanks!!

I had someone send me one to fill out and I am still considering it. I mean the whole point of it is to tell people stories and bring other people's experiences to light. I say I had both bad and good experiences with the game.

But the thing is if it should have a purpose I feel unity should be the main focus which isn't the case as a lot of people aren't accepted. But first and foremost I think ms1 should focus on how they treat people, I feel even though ms2 ended early they had a good community and treated people really well.

But that's my take on it no one has to agree.

• iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited October 2020
    for me it was to reach 250 and get to 8k legion, both of which I completed last week, so i find myself not logging in so much, that and genshin impact is just so fun - i am taking my time on it -
  • rizariza
    edited October 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    for me it was to reach 250 and get to 8k legion, both of which I completed last week, so i find myself not logging in so much, that and genshin impact is just so fun - i am taking my time on it -

cant wait for it to come out on the switch going to main razor >.<
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Reactions: 540
    edited October 2020
    It's mainly just a community spotlight! It doesn't take our community team more than a few hours of work to compile each monthly edition and write up and I think it's a nice digest to read for our players who regularly check the website.

The same way we provide a spotlight monthly to appreciate fan art, but in this case it's the individual players themselves.
    MapleBishopFan85
  • rizariza
    edited October 2020
    CMKyrios wrote: »
    It's mainly just a community spotlight! It doesn't take our community team more than a few hours of work to compile each monthly edition and write up and I think it's a nice digest to read for our players who regularly check the website.

The same way we provide a spotlight monthly to appreciate fan art, but in this case it's the individual players themselves.

So if I write one I can get a monthly spotlight too :O
    MapleBishopFan85
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2020
    Maplestory used to be a fun game I used to enjoy with my friends. Now Maplestory is just a place to ponder about my futile existence and to constantly blame myself for my mistakes instead of taking the cowardly way out or snapping.
  • rizariza
    edited October 2020
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Maplestory used to be a fun game I used to enjoy with my friends. Now Maplestory is just a place to ponder about my futile existence and to constantly blame myself for my mistakes instead of taking the cowardly way out or snapping.

Dayum bro thats rough, I say seek counseling talking about it with someone is always helpful ;). But maple is what you make it and what you put in is what you get.

I say maybe change your outlook and be a voice. Maybe become a revolutionary. Be the change bro ;)
  • CMKyriosCMKyrios
    Reactions: 540
    edited October 2020
    riza wrote: »

Do submit one! We get a lot of submissions though!
  • rizariza
    edited October 2020
    riza wrote: »

Do submit one! We get a lot of submissions though!

Dang I try it out. Hope I'm picked ;)