[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

I Got Scammed 100$

NicholasBNicholasB
Reactions: 1,195
edited October 2020 in General Chat
Hi, I know what I did was wrong, I even lost my 100$ but I just wanted to let everyone know this so it wouldn't happen to anyone else.
Do you remember those jett bots that spam sites that sell mesos? I just got scammed by them, I won't mention the location of the bot scammer but I just wanted to let everyone know this. :(

Comments

• SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited October 2020
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Hi, I know what I did was wrong, I even lost my 100$ but I just wanted to let everyone know this so it wouldn't happen to anyone else.
    Do you remember those jett bots that spam sites that sell mesos? I just got scammed by them, I won't mention the location of the bot scammer but I just wanted to let everyone know this. :(

1 of our guild members also got scammed by them a couple days ago, blame nexon for not banning every single 1 of them, it's all nexon's fault.
    there are many innonce maplers out there who don't know about these scammers and those scammers are taking advantage of the situation.

I personally blame nexon and nexon only.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2020
    So you... you tried to buy mesos from the gold-selling site, got scammed, and somehow it's nexon's fault? Am I reading this properly? That you went to a site to buy mesos that are known to be gathered by bots?
    1 of our guild members also got scammed by them a couple days ago, blame nexon for not banning every single 1 of them, it's all nexon's fault.
    there are many innonce maplers out there who don't know about these scammers and those scammers are taking advantage of the situation.

Boy howdy that's a hot take. I don't know how to describe this post without simply calling it stupid, there are so many layers here that are just wrong. The first layer is that the names are always gibberish, as if the names were created via an alphanumeric string generator. The second is that the url in their messages is always broken up so as to avoid their messages being censored by the chat filter. The third is the occasionally-rotating yellow notice message in the chat box that states that buying mesos or items outside is against the terms of service.

If you get past all of these, thinking it's all on the up-and-up, buy the mesos anyway, and get screwed out of your money, then it's wholly on the individual.
    SlicedTimedarikLaVeyWakasJettLuvsU
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    So you... you tried to buy mesos from the gold-selling site, got scammed, and somehow it's nexon's fault? Am I reading this properly? That you went to a site to buy mesos that are known to be gathered by bots?

Boy howdy that's a hot take. I don't know how to describe this post without simply calling it stupid and/or ignorant.

Gotta agree with them. this game has owners and the owners are nexon, which means they're the "police" in our game and they're the ones that responsibility for everything such as taking care of scammers like these bots they've mentioned.

For example, say nexon would do their job and got rid of them, no one would have to lose their money from the first place...
    Not everyone is as smart as you of not buying from those sites and dodging all troubles and such in games and life, we have 7 billion people in the world and we're all different and we can all make mistakes.

But I do believe that the blame falls on nexon though, due to the reason I just mentioned, nexon is responsibility for taking care of scammers and such.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2020
    Cadena91 wrote: »
    Gotta agree with them. this game has owners and the owners are nexon, which means they're the "police" in our game and they're the ones that responsibility for everything such as taking care of scammers like these bots they've mentioned.

For example, say nexon would do their job and got rid of them, no one would have to lose their money from the first place...
    Not everyone is as smart as you of not buying from those sites and dodging all troubles and such in games and life, we have 7 billion people in the world and we're all different and we can all make mistakes.

But I do believe that the blame falls on nexon though, due to the reason I just mentioned, nexon is responsibility for taking care of scammers and such.

First order of business, please read my edited post. Secondly, do you really believe they do nothing about the spamming bots? That all of these bans for advertising are just for show? I suppose next you're going to tell me platforms like youtube are at fault for the disgusting things some people try to upload.
    darik
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Cadena91 wrote: »

First order of business, please read my edited post. Secondly, do you really believe they do nothing about the spamming bots? That all of these bans for advertising are just for show?

You've got to be kidding me? there's a botter right here in front of me, and I remember I saw him right there for a few days now.... he has been spamming 24/7....
    It's also so obvious to find him and get rid of him, it should take a GM less than 10 seconds, but no, they just will not do it for us....
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2020
    Can you even be sure it's the same bot? Or do you just see "level 10 jett" and think "yep that's the same one, no chance it's a different one"
  • NaokiNaoki
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited October 2020
    Gotta agree with Aggraphine. I usually blacklist those bots and there are new ones almost everyday.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020

"I left my car unlocked and the keys in the ignition, but it's totally the police's fault someone drove off with it."
    lapcanSlicedTimedarikBlasterMasterLaVeyWakasJettLuvsU
This discussion has been closed.