[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Arcane Power locked behind itself?

SupreveioSupreveio
Reactions: 200
edited October 2020 in General Chat
Got a quest to kill 10 Happy Erda to get a +30 Arcane Power item, but I need 30 Arcane Power to kill them in the first place, and there doesn't seem to be any other way to get it.

???

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2020
    Gotta suck it up and bash your face against the wall. You can do damage to the mobs, and you can kill them. You just do substantially reduced damage. Ask for help if you must.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2020
    Supreveio wrote: »
    Got a quest to kill 10 Happy Erda to get a +30 Arcane Power item, but I need 30 Arcane Power to kill them in the first place, and there doesn't seem to be any other way to get it.

???

Think the original idea was to show that you do low damage without the Arcane Power, kind of like the Starforce tutorial questline (if anyone actually does it).
    Your best bets are either getting the Rune of Might / Thunder or asking someone to party and have them kill them for you. Afterwards you get the items. If you're on Scania, feel free to hit me up, ign: Cygnus277.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2020
    You can add level to the arcane force hyper stat (hyper stat button in the character stat window) as soon as you finished your 5th job advancement to finish that quest with no problem.
    6 level will ensure the Vanishing Journey mobs don't do bonus damage against you.
    11 Levels will make you invincible to all regular mobs (not the floating lantern of doom that murder you when you look away from the screen for 11 seconds) in the Vanishing Journey area.
    YinYangX
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2020
    Supreveio wrote: »

???

If you're in reboot can't help much but if ur in bera I nuke them for you free of charge ;)
  • HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
    Reactions: 1,200
    edited October 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    You can add level to the arcane force hyper stat (hyper stat button in the character stat window) as soon as you finished your 5th job advancement to finish that quest with no problem.
    6 level will ensure the Vanishing Journey mobs don't do bonus damage against you.
    11 Levels will make you invincible to all regular mobs (not the floating lantern of doom that murder you when you look away from the screen for 11 seconds) in the Vanishing Journey area.

You cannot add hyperstat points until this quest has been completed
    The quest is meant to demonstrate that without AF, your damage is weak. And it does that....the only problem is that the Anti-Afk mobs will turn you inside out before you get a chance to kill any happy erdas.

Most classes that I have had to level past 200 have died on this quest 2-5 times, or got lucky and joined a party with someone. After which I put points into AF and breezed through the rest of the VJ pre quests
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2020
    You cannot add hyperstat points until this quest has been completed

Yes you can

KI6KP1I.png