[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Client crash on login to leaped character.

KainuKainu
Reactions: 400
edited January 2021 in Bug Reporting
Following the latest patch's completion: https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/64925/complete-scheduled-minor-patch-january-27-2021

After leaping 1 character from Burning World to Bera, I was logged out from Burning World (expected) and tried to log into the same character in Bera. The client crashed after entering PIN.

Restarted the client, same thing happened twice.

Tried a few more times, from then on the client simply would not start up at all. Clicking "Play" on Nexon Launcher causes it to minimize itself but does not launch any new MapleStory process. Reinstalling the launcher did not help. Restarting the PC brings it back to the symptoms at the beginning of this post.

On the other hand, logging into a non-Burning-World character seems ok.

Comments

• BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2021
    Same here. This is really getting annoying.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited January 2021
    Hello,
    Could you please confirm if your transferred Burning World character was previously blocked from leaping due to the Auction House error message?
    Additionally, please provide us with your IGN (in-game name) and world of the affected character.
    Thank you!
  • KainuKainu
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2021
    @Ghiblee - I submitted a ticket with logs/IGN/etc: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/requests/1045179

I leaped from Burning World to Bera. My character was not previously blocked by the AH error (or at least I think so). I did not try to leap before the maintenance today, but I also did not use AH so probably was not affected by that issue.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited January 2021
    Thank you for the information!
    Players who logged in between 6 AM and 11 AM PST may have experienced the issue where the character wasn't able to be transferred due to the Auction House error message (If you didn't log in to your character during the listed time, you may not have known). This issue was resolved during our Minor Patch maintenance, however, it seems like the affected characters cannot be logged into.
    We'll relay the information to the team for investigation. :)
  • KcohKcoh
    Same here. I had the Auction House error. When it got resolved after maintenance, I was able to leap to Bera on all my Burning characters. However, my main Burning character, Kcoh, can not log in after inputting PIN. It would just return to selection screen or crash my client out right. The same goes for my 2 other Burning characters. Only one Burning character, Wzen, is able to log in successfully. All other existing characters in all world are able to log in successfully as well. This is kind of frustrating, but by sharing this, I am hoping the issue can be addressed. Thanks.
  • MrDragoHeroMrDragoHero
    Reactions: 100
    Same problem no logged
  • RobotynickRobotynick
    Reactions: 320
    edited January 2021
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Thank you for the information!
    Players who logged in between 6 AM and 11 AM PST may have experienced the issue where the character wasn't able to be transferred due to the Auction House error message (If you didn't log in to your character during the listed time, you may not have known). This issue was resolved during our Minor Patch maintenance, however, it seems like the affected characters cannot be logged into.
    We'll relay the information to the team for investigation. :)

Hey body, any updade on this situation? I would like to remember that there is as limited event going on right now and we are kind of losing it.
  • Raspberry00Raspberry00
    Reactions: 510
    edited January 2021
    My character who got an auction house error got the same problem too :(
    I hope they fix this quickly.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    edited January 2021
    Commenting here as well!
    We've deployed a fix few minutes ago at 1:30 PM PST (January 28).
    Please try logging into the affected character again and let us know if you still experience this issue.