[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

many unfair bans after maintenance 19/01/2021

iLastHermitiiLastHermiti
in General Chat
I think it's a new anti-hack system, but it hurts legal players.

They send you to a white map where if you don't write something or do something different, they give you a permanent ban.

the problem is that many players see this white background think it is Lag and close the game,
sometimes he disconnects them just as they are taken to that map.

then in both cases they are permanently banned.

F40rt00

Comments

• BostonGeorgeBostonGeorge
    Reactions: 830
    edited February 2021
    Stop hacking lol
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited February 2021
    Stop hacking lol

You do not need to hack to be taken to the white map
    Nor do you need to hack to be falsely banned

There's a reason the CM encouraged some players to appeal their bans and players were asked to report their experiences so the new anti-cheat system could be adjusted.
    We've also seen multiple waves of wrongful bans in the last few years. For instance, the Kanna skill Liberated Spirit Circle can still proc multiple times per attacks during lag spikes. Following certain updates, that specific scenario would result in disconnections and, at times, bans.
    I personally haven't experienced the white room but I've frequently been "disconnected by the GM police" while working on monster collection and farming familiar cards.

I wonder if we can even see the message with "system messages" turned off in the chat settings.
    If it wasn't for posts like these, I wouldn't even know what to do if I was ever sent to a white room. Assuming I wouldn't DC in the process like many players report.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited February 2021
    I'm actually afraid to make a Kanna character after reading these posts.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2021
    Whenever theres bannwaves, lots of actual hackers come to the forums to falsely say they are legit, every single time is the same story. If they are legit the best to do is contact nexon support and wait. We cant do anything to help them.
  • KororeKorore
    Reactions: 1,670
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Hi there!

For account related suspensions, you'll have to contact Customer Support. They are the only ones who can review these type of issues!