[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Star-forceable & Pottable Badges

OwnselfOwnself
Reactions: 250
Hello Maplers and GMs,

i just want to state on behalf of new and returning players if the option of star forcing and pottable badges return to GMS (including Reboot). This benefits people starting out to have the same opportunity to gain access to previous events that were accessible to long-term players (i.e. Sengoku Hakase Badge via Sengoku High). Not only will this encourage players to put in more time of playing the game but, will be more rewarding to those that put in the effort. I'm not saying to make a whole new dungeon to provide that. But please stay up to date to events that actually reward players in game for stuff that can give them an advantage to reaching higher levels. Especially with the new update coming up where the new level cap is 300, the higher stats/damage one will do to one shot mobs will make training easier and less tedious. Sorry for any grammatical errors, but please forum people, moderators, and GMs; if you have any suggestions, anything to include, or support the idea, please leave a comment. Thanks for your time in reading this.

V/R
jijijidarikYacylofthouseJohnie

Comments

• for5to1for5to1
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2021
    Nexon please do not do this. My ghost ship badge gives me a good advantage over my guildies. There's nothing to see here.. Just move along.
  • SolarisMVGSolarisMVG
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2021
    Hey Ownself,

im one of those returning players and i would appreciate a fair chance to grow even stronger too. Even if it's only possible to get some unique items on Event. That makes things special and even more exciting to aim for. But if one never gets the chance again it could be frustrating someday. So i guess giving out some few better rewards on events, so that even maplers who own those exclusive items would look forward to get, could be a way of make everyone play with dedication.

Best regards
    var_dump($this->user.getName());
  • jijijijijiji
    Reactions: 560
    edited January 2021
    Maplestory says they are doing a balance patch.
    Why even do a balance patch if one starforced and pottable badge can make old players much stronger.
    They need to return the event or make some kind of pottable badge
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2021
    jijiji wrote: »
    Why even do a balance patch if one starforced and pottable badge can make old players much stronger.

Old badges dont make old players much stronguer lol, mayb as bit more but thats it, badges dont get the same starforce stats as a normal item, they dont get attack, and a 30% stat badge is like 1k stat only or so , which isnt much of a difference, theres people doing black mage and killing it without a badge, if they dont need it, neither do you.
    Having said that, id rather have them back ofc.
  • jijijijijiji
    edited February 2021
    darik wrote: »
    jijiji wrote: »

Old badges dont make old players much stronguer lol, mayb as bit more but thats it, badges dont get the same starforce stats as a normal item, they dont get attack, and a 30% stat badge is like 1k stat only or so , which isnt much of a difference, theres people doing black mage and killing it without a badge, if they dont need it, neither do you.
    Having said that, id rather have them back ofc.

For ppl with high stats trying to go end game and with cap limit going off, 6L stat addition is a huge difference. 6L gives u nearly 50% extra stat. It will be good for all players with pot badges coming back no negative but more positive. Except to those with badges who dont want their advantage to go away lol.
  • lofthouselofthouse
    Reactions: 600
    edited February 2021
    I agree that these badges should be added again. I have some sitting on characters I no longer play, and my main doesn't have one. At the very least, I wish there was a way to move them from character to character.
  • JohnieJohnie
    Reactions: 510
    edited February 2021

Badges do make you a lot stronger relatively on later stages of the game. as a 71k stat player without a pottable badge - upgrading my gear to the point where it would be equivalent to how it is right now but with a pottable badge would cost me several thousands of cubes if I'm not unlucky. the fact that players that have their characters made and geared before the change was made have THOUSANDS of dollars of advantage over other endgame players in terms of cost per stat is absurdly unfair.
    With the upcoming damage cap increase and future update to accommodate that sort of change I feel like not having a pottable badge will continue to increase the disparity in how much I and players like me would have to fund ourselves in order to match our peers that have access to that sort of stat boosting.

That being said, I'd like to propose a solution which is rather far-fetched but I believe it will fit the GMS meta perfectly while maintaining the existing options for badges relevant to how they're being obtained. Currently, the badge which is technically the hardest to get and should (but isn't) be the best-in-slot is Black Mage's Genesis Badge. Unfortunately, this badge is being outshined by the 7-Day Monster Parker Medal + Badge combination that provide players with better stat and more availability for the most part (KMS included). Therefore, why not change the characteristics of the Genesis Badge in order to make it the true best badge in the game in a way that fits the concept of it. Why not add a story line driven enhancement process to the Genesis Badge much like the liberation of the Genesis Weapon - or lifting the curse off of Kaiserium. This way players could work within the already existing story of the game to gain benefits that put them on par (or even ahead) of the old pottable badges in a meaningful way. Such a change will increase the prestige of the badge, the pitched boss set and the Black Mage fight itself, turning it from something you need to do 8 times to get the strongest weapon and then forget about to something you WANT to repeatedly do to get your lucky chance at another strongest equipment that is intertwined within the game story. This sort of change should be a win-win situation in terms of world building and character progression.
    jijiji
  • jijijijijiji
    edited February 2021
    Johnie wrote: »

Badges do make you a lot stronger relatively on later stages of the game. as a 71k stat player without a pottable badge - upgrading my gear to the point where it would be equivalent to how it is right now but with a pottable badge would cost me several thousands of cubes if I'm not unlucky. the fact that players that have their characters made and geared before the change was made have THOUSANDS of dollars of advantage over other endgame players in terms of cost per stat is absurdly unfair.
    With the upcoming damage cap increase and future update to accommodate that sort of change I feel like not having a pottable badge will continue to increase the disparity in how much I and players like me would have to fund ourselves in order to match our peers that have access to that sort of stat boosting.

That being said, I'd like to propose a solution which is rather far-fetched but I believe it will fit the GMS meta perfectly while maintaining the existing options for badges relevant to how they're being obtained. Currently, the badge which is technically the hardest to get and should (but isn't) be the best-in-slot is Black Mage's Genesis Badge. Unfortunately, this badge is being outshined by the 7-Day Monster Parker Medal + Badge combination that provide players with better stat and more availability for the most part (KMS included). Therefore, why not change the characteristics of the Genesis Badge in order to make it the true best badge in the game in a way that fits the concept of it. Why not add a story line driven enhancement process to the Genesis Badge much like the liberation of the Genesis Weapon - or lifting the curse off of Kaiserium. This way players could work within the already existing story of the game to gain benefits that put them on par (or even ahead) of the old pottable badges in a meaningful way. Such a change will increase the prestige of the badge, the pitched boss set and the Black Mage fight itself, turning it from something you need to do 8 times to get the strongest weapon and then forget about to something you WANT to repeatedly do to get your lucky chance at another strongest equipment that is intertwined within the game story. This sort of change should be a win-win situation in terms of world building and character progression.

i agree to any sorts of this kind of things. Imagine the end game boss badge being not able to starforce and not pottable. Whereas an event badge being 22star with full pot badge LOL. And people pay thousands of dollar to get these lines in other items.
  • MynodexMynodex
    Reactions: 760
    edited February 2022
    yes pottable badges make a huge diffrence and the game should bring them back because its very unfair for new players. This needs to be heard!