[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Legends Return] Can't join any match

KainuKainu
Reactions: 400
edited March 2021 in Bug Reporting
Hello,

I see that the relevant "Known issue" in the patch notes has been crossed out:
"[Updated March 10] Players are not matched when in queue for The Legends Return! and thus cannot start the battle. We are currently looking into this issue and we'll address it once we have the fix."
...but there are still problems with the queue system of Legends Return it seems.

Since yesterday, for several times, I have attempted to join Legends Return battle and have never succeeded. Issues I have faced:
1. Got "unknown error" and kicked out of queue.
2. After matching with some players and clicking "Accept game", got "The other player canceled..."
3. Got "All battle fields in use" (or something along those lines) when attempting to queue.

Now the biggest problem is, for both #1 and #2 above, even though I did not click cancel or ESC on anything, I get "Matchmaking has been canceled, and will not progress for the next 30 minutes." Each time that happened, I had to wait 30 minutes, then retried, only to get to the same failure. More than a dozen times now, and 0 battle successfully started. How am I gonna get any rank if I can't even join...

If it helps, I can start Practice Mode just fine, but Battle Mode 100% fails.

Please investigate again. Thank you.

World: Bera

Comments

• KainuKainu
    edited March 2021
    I take back that "can start Practice Mode just fine", no I can't, it worked once and no more LOL. Just nothing happens after selecting "Practice Mode" and clicking Yes.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited March 2021
    Hello,
    We are currently looking into the issue where player who had their match cancelled by the other player also received the 30minute penalty. It seems like it became a common practice for players to cancel the match.
    It seems like the battle instanced maps may have been occupied by other players participating in the event.
    We'll relay the concern to the team, thank you.
  • KainuKainu
    edited March 2021
    Thanks Ghiblee.

The issue you described is my #2 above. I think that doesn't cover #1 scenario, where I simply queue, then get "... canceled due to unknown error" before getting a match. In this scenario I also get the 30min penalty.

Could you please ask them to review both?