[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hack detection notifying the players.

PulledFingerPulledFinger
Reactions: 765
edited April 2021 in Bug Reporting
Approximately 40 minutes before making this post, I was in the Wonderoid event within the lobby room of season one. From there I did a flash jump and hit space bar to talk to the NPC Spencer before my character was back on the ground and I got a floating notification mid screen "Hack tool detected 1/2" for a second before fading in a similar way to certain quest progression notifications.

Something within the last maintenance now allows players to see the game registering when it thinks a player is cheating. I'd imagine this might be something you want to fix rather urgently given how things are currently.

Comments

• GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited April 2021
    Hello,
    It seems like this is a returning Mechanical Hearts bug from the last time we had the event.
    We've reported the issue and are looking into addressing it when we have the fix.
    You will be able to progress through the event without an issue despite the 'Hack tool detected 1/2' message.
    While we look into this issue, please let let us know if you happen to trigger the 'Hack tool detected 2/2' message.
    Thank you.
  • CorsairFingerBreakerCorsairFingerBreaker
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2021
    I gotten the hack tool detected 2/2 once i got pass b1 and enter b2 and my game crashed once i got back this msg popped up
  • CorsairFingerBreakerCorsairFingerBreaker
    edited April 2021
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited April 2021
    -snip-
    You are unable to progress through Season 1 after receiving the 'Hack tool detected 2/2' message, is that correct?
    We would appreciate it if you can please provide us with your character's IGN and World.
  • RaiddertRaiddert
    edited April 2021
    I have the message 'Hack tool detected 1/2' in S3 when start the quest "Read Only Memories" i start in B4 next to the finish portal, when enter i back to the hideout and the quest doesnt complete if i forgeit the quest and talk to spencer to start the game send to B4 next to the finish portal and again cant complete

IGN : DBRaidert
    World : Reboot