[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Star Enhancement Scrolls destroying Equipment

IceFluxIceFlux
Reactions: 500
edited April 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I had a 5 star enhancement scroll I got from one of the events and thought hey I'll save myself some mesos by using this to get to 5 stars and then enhance after. I spent many rewards points getting safety scrolls so I wouldn't lose a spot if the spells trace enhancement failed. Also spent a lot of mesos getting clean slate scrolls to recover some of the lost spots and took many months to get it fully enhanced. I had an Absolab Bandit Suit that I had 14 30% spell trace enhancements on with Legendary potential and decent Bonus Potential. I used the scroll and it destroyed the item. No where in the description did it say it had a chance at destroying the item. I never would have risked that for 4 stars. I don't suggest anyone using them for this reason. To the developers of Maplestory, you really should have that in the description. I submitted a ticket hoping that I would get my suit returned to me and was told sorry that is part of the upgrade system. I am beyond upset about it and have decided to give Maplestory a break for a while because it really angers me that it happened. I could understand if I knew there was a chance it would get destroyed and I decided to risk it but I did not. Anyone else have this same thing happen or is it just my bad luck?

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited April 2021
    All of the different types of Equip Enhancement Scrolls have a note saying that the item will be destroyed upon failure.

HHiHLri.png
  • IceFluxIceFlux
    Reactions: 500
    edited April 2021
    The one I used was a 5 star enhancement 100% scroll not an advanced equip enhancement scroll. I always just throw those away. I would rather spend the mesos then risk it being destroyed. Its not the first time I have had something that says 100% fail. I have had a 100% hammer fail before too.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    Did you specify in your customer support ticket that the scroll said "100%"?
    You should reopen the ticket and insist they check the game logs. If a 100% scroll fails they need to restore your item.

(As an aside, overalls are inferior to CRA Top+Bottom. There's a reason Absolab overalls are so cheap, compared to other Absolab armor pieces like shoes and gloves.)