[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

False Ban Reports 6/22

Comments

• KeishuoKeishuo
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2020
    For cases of false permanent bans, since details are spread over several threads, I would like to try and consolidate everything here and send one ticket to customer service on Saturday. Hopefully this would also generate a lot of traffic here and it would get a senior GM to react on this.

If anyone is still banned and would like to be included in ticket, please provide:
    Brief description such as - IGN / Date of ban / Reason / Ticket number / Comment (if you want)

I'll start:
    Keishuo / 1st July 2020 / Hacking or Illegal use of third party programs / #966067
  • BuzzubzibizBuzzubzibiz
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2020
    If I might offer some advice for people trying to deal with customer support: try not to give off the feeling that you expect to be unbanned.
    Several months ago I was also hit by a false ban and it took two attempts to get my account back. In the first ticket I simply told them that I wasn't doing what my ban reason claimed I was, gave details as to how things actually went down, and that I should be unbanned.

I expected that I'd be unbanned because I assumed they would actually be able to uncover the truth through their "investigation", but in reality it doesn't seem that they actually can, or at least not reliably. You're probably better off trying an emotional appeal of some kind on top of providing your story and any evidence you may have.
    So try not to sound like you expect or deserve to be unbanned(even though you probably do.) and try sounding humble. Maybe even ask for less, like that you're ban be reduced to a month or something if they decide that just releasing your ban isn't going to happen.

I did these things in my 2nd ticket.
    Maybe this sounds manipulative but, some of you guys have probably been playing for years, and in the end my 2nd ticket got my account released because I was given "benefit of the doubt",(though maybe this is just their copypaste message.) and I'm not convinced they can actually tell if you're innocent or not.
  • KeishuoKeishuo
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for advice. How long did it take your account to get unbanned?
  • BuzzubzibizBuzzubzibiz
    edited July 2020
    Keishuo wrote: »
    Thanks for advice. How long did it take your account to get unbanned?

Think it was around three weeks.
  • SengaraSengara
    Reactions: 990
    edited July 2020
    Did any of you get banned during the last time this happened? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/148720708141187072/731533911238115408/transparency_where.png they promised this would never happen again. Part of the reason i pushed to finally do endgame content in the first place. I do not feel safe anymore.
    LWayra
  • LWayraLWayra
    Reactions: 645
    edited July 2020
    The saddest thing here is that we haven't encouraging responses of anyone.
    Not even a "we are reviewing the cases or we are putting a debate the cases".
    Will there of community manager who can support us?
  • ElxArkElxArk
    edited July 2020
    i was falsely banned back in June when this happened. They literally started to block my tickets without even reading them.
  • KeishuoKeishuo
    edited July 2020
    Are you still banned and what was the reason they gave?
  • karlozzkarlozz
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2021
    I was banned for no reason and now I just know that he is banned for misconduct, what does that mean? What did I do to make that happen?
    Can someone answer me that he is banned for misconduct?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Please don't necro year-old threads.

Misconduct constitutes behavior or language which is unsuitable for the game.