[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[AFTERLANDS] Have they fixed the Treasure Sack ?

ArwenArwen
Reactions: 2,030
edited January 2018 in Bug Reporting
Some of us had messed up the quest by breaking the wall before taking the Treasure sack quest ( Hey! how should we know??? No bulb, no guide , no hint, etc..just like that Tomb Man, he had bulb but we couldn't take his quest until we finished the others)
And today I tried again, getting the quest from Joel, and tried to speaking with the Treasure Sack..but nothing happened. Tried to eat the Ferrerro chocolate, I mean the chocolate gold, and getting big, but still nothing happened.

Is there anything I should do or Nexon just plain fix nothing about this bug ?

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    Hello :)

Here is the thread on this topic.

Lilyflower
  • ArwenArwen
    edited November 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Thanks..still not working

• TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    Arwen
    Arwen said:

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Thanks..still not working

I'm not sure why the mod provided that link, when someone clearly commented saying it still doesn't work.
    All I can say is wait it out, because even after several weeks the Halloween haunted mansion quests are still bugged for a lot of players.

• FruitzFruitz
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    Hey guys, I eventually finished the quests, cant recall if I talked to the sack before or after breaking the wall but what worked for me is turning it to night (not sure this did anything) but most importantly making it rain. By making it rain you are able to slip the spear from the statues hand, but the statue throws it to the land of riches. Go back to the land of riches and talk to who you can, hopefully it works, it did for me. Remember, turn the rain on and go to the statue.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    Fruitz
    Fruitz said:

Hey guys, I eventually finished the quests, cant recall if I talked to the sack before or after breaking the wall but what worked for me is turning it to night (not sure this did anything) but most importantly making it rain. By making it rain you are able to slip the spear from the statues hand, but the statue throws it to the land of riches. Go back to the land of riches and talk to who you can, hopefully it works, it did for me. Remember, turn the rain on and go to the statue.
    Thanks for this, but still no dice on my end. Made it rain, turned the sky from night to day and back to night, went through the whole circuit of the Afterlands, but all the dialogue box gave me was that the statue looked ready to throw the spear at any moment. Maybe I'm supposed to sit here for a while before talking to the statue again?
    CyberusWolf
  • CyberusWolfCyberusWolf
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Usually, I just lurk the forums since I'm not exactly a social person, but I'm stuck on the same exact key as everyone else, it has been a frustrating week on my end trying everything in my power to get it, and with little to no help from anyone(even the people who completed the questline) but players of mutual issues my interest has started to dwindle down. I don't know about you guys but I can't keep on putting all my dedication into something incompletable(MapleStory has done this to me multiple times) , especially when they(the developers) have been so quiet on this topic. All we've gotten on this was a link to the "working" set of quests, in which you didn't break down the wall first. All I can say is, see you guys when the next big patch comes out.

Sorry that I couldn't help out...

-Cy

P.S. I'm not blaming anyone either, I am just saying that a little insight on our issues would be nice every once in a while.
  • ArwenArwen
    edited November 2016
    And they still haven't fixed yet..... =(
  • B2TheLuntB2TheLunt
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    For those who have already followed through the quest and have 11/12 keys. Unfortunately you cannot get the 12th key until they patch it.

I have figured out the solution to the gold sack quest on a second character. For those who want to do it please follow below.

Basically, all I did was try and do everything I could in the Afterlands up to this point. As long as you do not move Joels treasure outside, complete everything in the Land of the Innocence, Paint all of the people and the snowmen in land of contemplation and do everything in the land of warriors EXCEPT talk to the person who tells you about the God of Battle. THIS I BELIEVE IS THE KEY PART. IF YOU EAT THE GOLD AND TALK TO HER BEFORE GOING BACK TO LAND OF THE RICHES YOU WILL MESS THE QUESTLINE UP. As soon as you finish repairing the sword, with the balrog armor pieces, GO TO THE LAND OF THE RICHES. The gold sack should be clickable. Previously to this, THE SPEAR WAS IN THE SACK OF GOLD and I had not done ANYTHING yet with it. Long story short. Do everything EXCEPT eat the 3 gold pieces to complete the God of battle questline, and you should be fine
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited September 2017
    It's almost been a year has it become 100% bug free? I'm taking a interest into it since my lv 80's have no one to go besides boring grinding in Ariant.
  • CheMesmoCheMesmo
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2017
    ...My case is that I opened all 12 locks and didn't get any reward. The damn door just doesn't open!!