[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Tera Burning Character gone upon switching

SolonSolon
Reactions: 600
edited June 2021 in Bug Reporting
Hi,

I had created a new Resistance character, quickly did the play through to go into town and logged off to transfer my accessories over to begin training. But when I was in the character selection screen the character was gone. I had tried remaking it with the same name and it was taken. I tried closing and reopening the game hoping it would fix the issue, but the character is still missing. Is this a known bug or new one? Please help.

Character Name: BlitzMage
World: Scania
Level: 4 (I think)
Time of Incident: Around 8:50pm AEST.

Edit: So I found a way around this although this may not be for everyone. If you were on 53/53 when this happened and now are 52/53 max characters you can delete one character, log on any character afterwards (or close the game) and go back to character screen. The newly made character will be there. I had this thought after realizing this issue is due to the 53rd spot being bugged, so if I deleted a character and made the new character the 52nd, it should pop up and sure enough, it did. This is a workaround"fix" if there was a unit you were planning on deleting anyway (I had previously bought a straight up Lv.150 character card for a Battle Mage in NX shop but didn't end up levelling it so decided to do it now during Tera Burning), but I understand not everyone have (a) unit/s they want to delete.

Edit 2:
Ghiblee wrote: »
Hello,
We applied a hotfix to address the issue where the character created on the 53rd slot would be hidden.
Please let us know if you still experience this issue, thank you!
The issue is now resolved, thank you!

Comments

• GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited June 2021
    Hello,
    It seems like there may be an issue where the character on the newly added 53rd character slot may not appear. Since the name is still considered as taken, the character data seems to still exist and it is only 'hidden' from your character selection screen.
    We have reported this issue for investigation and will try to address it as soon as we can, we apologize for the inconvenience!
  • SimplySooshiSimplySooshi
    Reactions: 930
    edited June 2021
    Lol happened to me too. I deleted a character after my tera disappeared and made a new one with a diff name. Didn't give me an option to tera. When I logged out, the missing character appeared on my chara select screen without tera burning and my newest character is now gone. Hope this info helps.
  • ForeverLegendForeverLegend
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2021
    I had the same problem, as well. Let's see if they can get something done soon?

Character Name: HappyPride
    World: Aurora
    Class: Hoyoung
    Level: 118
    Time of Incident: I created the character on 6/13/2021 around 5pm Pacific Time (so, 6/14/21 at reset UTC) and logged off of it around 7pm Pacific. He disappeared when I logged in the next morning. I have an empty character slot (53rd slot) and it says that I'm not eligible for Tera Burn, but he shows up in Player Rankings. Because of that, I was trying to move him around in my character selection screen, but he doesn't show up there, either. Hope yall can fix it soon! ;w;
  • JydrokJydrok
    Reactions: 700
    edited June 2021
    another victim here
    Character name : Dumit
    world: reboot na
    class: luminous
    level: 114
    On Saturday June 12 i created my tera burning character whit in game name Dumit i played from lv 1 - 112 then swap to another character to do bossing and it was like i never created but whit the exception that there is no burning effect anymore and i lost one character creation of the day .
    i send a ticket already and the answer the gave doesn't look like the will fix since only few players are affected.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited June 2021
    Hello,
    We applied a hotfix to address the issue where the character created on the 53rd slot would be hidden.
    Please let us know if you still experience this issue, thank you!