[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Deleting permanent Safety Gems is not acceptable

Comments

• SawasabiSawasabi
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2021
    AKradian wrote: »

The reason for the penalty is for a kind of "lore" or "immersion" reason. There needs to be an unpleasant consequence to letting your character get killed, so you will be motivated to pay attention and avoid death.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. The only reason they did this was to prevent suicide Kanna(s) and everyone knows it. So instead of them having half a brain and just getting rid of the EXP loss on death, they decided to go the extra mile and add some redundant aspect such as a death penalty. This wouldn't even be as annoying if you could just change characters or just log off and let the timer runout when you're not on the character.
  • PhantomuszPhantomusz
    Reactions: 210
    This is unacceptable .. We can't be paying for PERMANENT items and have them deleted when Nexon feels like it. They should replace it with the current item effect it not that hard or can we switch to that ITEM if we have permanent safety gems . Totally displeased. I go from not buying safety gems back to buying safety gems every time I want to train, what next hyper tele rock , frenzy totum.. LAZY coders
    Dnaman101
  • IlootwitthafiercenessIlootwitthafierceness
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2021
    From what I read we are getting 1650 Maplepoints, which is only $1.65USD from when I last played, which means the other 14 dollars needed to buy the charm in the past we arent getting back. I got at least 3 if not 4 permanent charms, 3 I know for sure, one for my Nightlord, 1 for my Wild Hunter, and 1 for my Mage, (the 4th would possibly be on my Aran with one of the perm hyperrocks I bought as well I cant say for sure if I had a 4th one simply because it has been along time since Ive been on my account due to driver issues, which I fixed haah). I bought 3 Hyper Telerocks as well during this time period. The best worst part of this situation is I have screenshots on an old PC i cant get into but if I can get back into it I can prove I had the 4th charm as well as my other charms. But giving us 1dollar back for something we paid at least 15dollars for is completely uncalled for. Even as a returning mapler I planned on getting right back into my grind, but now I cant do anything difficult simply because it wont be worth it if I die...and to all you individuals who were able to get multiple charms when you weren't suppose to you definitely ruined it for players like me and others a like...and Nexon 100Million in Bitcoin you guys buy, but you cant give us our stuff back? Pretty scum of you all if you ask me. Welp I guess we will just have to wait for a better corporation to buy you all out and give us back what we rightfully deserve.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2021
    From what I read we are getting 1650 Maplepoints, which is only $1.65USD from when I last played, which means the other 14 dollars needed to buy the charm in the past we arent getting back. I got at least 3 if not 4 permanent charms, 3 I know for sure, one for my Nightlord, 1 for my Wild Hunter, and 1 for my Mage, (the 4th would possibly be on my Aran with one of the perm hyperrocks I bought as well I cant say for sure if I had a 4th one simply because it has been along time since Ive been on my account due to driver issues, which I fixed haah). I bought 3 Hyper Telerocks as well during this time period. The best worst part of this situation is I have screenshots on an old PC i cant get into but if I can get back into it I can prove I had the 4th charm as well as my other charms. But giving us 1dollar back for something we paid at least 15dollars for is completely uncalled for. Even as a returning mapler I planned on getting right back into my grind, but now I cant do anything difficult simply because it wont be worth it if I die...and to all you individuals who were able to get multiple charms when you weren't suppose to you definitely ruined it for players like me and others a like...and Nexon 100Million in Bitcoin you guys buy, but you cant give us our stuff back? Pretty scum of you all if you ask me. Welp I guess we will just have to wait for a better corporation to buy you all out and give us back what we rightfully deserve.

The 1,650 Maple Points are compensation for Safety Gems in Marvel Machine Vault.
    The permanent Safety Gems were compensated the 7,900 Maple Points that they costed back when you bought them.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited June 2021
    Sawasabi wrote: »

The reason for the penalty is for a kind of "lore" or "immersion" reason. There needs to be an unpleasant consequence to letting your character get killed, so you will be motivated to pay attention and avoid death.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. The only reason they did this was to prevent suicide Kanna(s) and everyone knows it. So instead of them having half a brain and just getting rid of the EXP loss on death, they decided to go the extra mile and add some redundant aspect such as a death penalty. This wouldn't even be as annoying if you could just change characters or just log off and let the timer runout when you're not on the character.

So the people that have Permanent Safety Charms lose out on the "LORE" or "IMMERSION".
    What Sawasbi is the truth...the new "Unpleasant Consequence" is to stop Suicide Kanna(s)
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2021
    Have they addressed permanent buff freezers as well? Because mine have all been deleted too.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2021
    Dnaman101 wrote: »
    What Sawasbi is the truth...the new "Unpleasant Consequence" is to stop Suicide Kanna(s)

The change from losing EXP to a debuff was made to stop suicide tactics.
    But the purpose of both the original and the revamped penalties was to make you feel that "death hurts".
  • SeeMeRunSeeMeRun
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2021

But the purpose of both the original and the revamped penalties was to make you feel that "death hurts".

I understand the purpose of the revamp but I don't understand the refund on a permanent item I bought 9+ years ago! And that hurts more than the feeling of "death hurts". That ruined my trust in this game.
    Dnaman101
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited June 2021
    SeeMeRun wrote: »

I don't understand the refund on a permanent item I bought 9+ years ago! And that hurts more than the feeling of "death hurts". That ruined my trust in this game.

This!
  • KezrauxKezraux
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited June 2021
    Kezraux wrote: »
    It is a complete overreaction and nothing more to think that Nexon is just going to start removing highly appreciated items "just because they can."

Safety gems/charms/etc. were changed because the system they are related to was altered. Money spent on them was refunded. There is no reason to think that anymore items will be removed in the same manner.

No one ever thought any Permanent item would ever get removed from the game but it has happened. No one would have a problem if they would have just given Permanent Safety Charms to all that had Permanent Safety Gems.

You don't have to think anything at all is going to get removed for it to happen. Nexon would not under any circumstances remove extremely relevant items such as but not limited to, permanent hyper teleport rocks, battle-roids, any region exclusive content, etc., without proper justification and compensatory action. I completely understand that it's a bit of a shock and maybe a first for a lot of people including yourself to see a permanent cash item be deleted, but you need to understand that the system it was relevant to was overhauled. This is just the direction Nexon chose to go in order to set everyone back on an even playing field while also returning what player's spent.
  • SeeMeRunSeeMeRun
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2021
    Did anyone's refund for the safety gem disappear?
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited June 2021

I know the after the patch I got the refund but I haven't really looked to see if it went away.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited June 2021

I know the after the patch I got the refund but I haven't really looked to see if it went away.

I still have my refund
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited July 2022
    (bringing this post back up)
    Everything I said here is still how I feel!
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2022
    Lol nice try trying to make excuses for scamming people out of their money Nexon. You don't care about the suicide tactics of Kanna, you only care about this because you sell totems that do the same thing as Kishin Shoukan, and don't want to miss out on that money. Also why does it matter if people were doing that with Kanna anyway?

Oh no people were helping each other, yeah some of them were being paid mesos to do so, but people have been doing some shady services like providing hammering services for other people's items for years too. Not sure why this is so terrible that you had to steal an item from people and give them a refund that they don't want. Not every thing you didn't plan for is an exploit. If people want to do this kinda stuff who cares?

Also people can just make a bunch of Kanna mules to do this job still now, you aren't stopping anything. People would definitely be willing to boost Kannas back to the level they were at before this change was implemented. Also the exp gain reduction is honestly huge with the death penalty change anyway, so Kannas will still be able to do this efficiently for a significant amount of time, long enough to be worth making mules, just not an unlimited amount of time anymore.

Focus on the actual rulebreakers, like the bots that crash anyone that joins the same channel and room they're in. I never had this item myself, but I would be mad too, if an item I paid for, that was permanent for years was suddenly removed and refunded without my consent, just because the people running the game are trying to think of any possible tactic to make more money, and claim it's for a positive reason.

Also what kind of immersion is this supposed to be exactly, in what situation do people that die only have take a short break to get back to where they are. Where in the story is the death mechanic canon to Maplestory? You just made that up, removing all death penalties would not make anyone say "but muh immersion" because being able to revive at all already doesn't make sense. If it's because the character is the chosen one, or Erda or something like that, that's not very immersive either that's just a magic macguffin/Mary Sue trope then.

If you want to give immersion to death bring the Lab Server back, and make it permanent this time. There, people that want consequence to death have an entire server for it.
    Dnaman101Nimo
  • AndacanaverAndacanaver
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2022
    just logged on long time user. im not surprised really. this is coming from the company when they had unique potentials give 9-12% lines. people spent thousands getting 3x12%. they then added legendary and bumped everyone down to 9% making people reroll potentials