[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Memo: Global Migration Update

Comments

• mapleboy_adammapleboy_adam
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Every time I launch MapleStory, this always appears. Can anybody tell me why? ( I am under a stable internet connection)
    You cannot access the game for one of the following reasons:
    1) The game world is down for maintenance
    2) You are accessing the game from a banned IP
    3) Your internet connection is not stable

Please refer to the homepage for more information.
  • ShacoTheTacooShacoTheTacoo
    Reactions: 340
    edited November 2016
    mapleboy_adam

Every time I launch MapleStory, this always appears. Can anybody tell me why? ( I am under a stable internet connection)
    You cannot access the game for one of the following reasons:
    1) The game world is down for maintenance
    2) You are accessing the game from a banned IP
    3) Your internet connection is not stable

Please refer to the homepage for more information.

your account is either banned

or you are playing from eu and have to wait for migration...

its not hard to understand

also send a support ticket

edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Raira94
    Raira94 said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Arisat
    Arisat said:

I'm from europe, but I played in GMS. The only reason I'm not playing right now is because of the region lock on steam, with this merge, will they be able to lift the region lock so people from Europe can play as well?
    yes probably, but the problem is.. you will not be able to play on Luna, the world which lucated in EU. which i think is unfair .
    Nexon fail to udnerstand that many people from EU played GMS.
    i think they should let us play and trasnfer our accounts to Luna so we can also have normal pings.
    but you can play on luna after the merge, at least that is how it was writen in the memo
    we can create chars in global world and likewise you guys can create chars in luna

but i dont think they going to allow char transfer :S
    so in my case i've played more than 11 years and spent atleast 5,000 usd on this game. on my nx and cool stuff.
    you tell me i should just throw away 11 years of effort and the 5,000 usd i spent on game and prem nx ?
    and start new without even getting this nx?
    does it seem fair?, no its not fair. why does everyone get to play maplestorey on normal ping and is able to chose
    the server closest to his lucation but EU players who played GMS cant?
    i did nothing wrong i played the game and supported nexon , when there was no server in EU i understand
    but now when they would hold a server in EU why is it much to ask to play on EU server?
    balance or items or what not are all meaningless in pay to win game like maplestory.
    most people in Luna will quickly buy nx and get anything few times better than what i have. in 1 week of paying money you can
    get 10 times more than what you get with 11 years of playing . but we are talking here about something which is basic.
    keep my nx and being able to play with decent pings. if they can provide me good pings in Windia. sure.
    ill stay in windia no problem. but when all bosses are 1 ko and what decide if you can boss is your ping and reactions
    it makes game not playable. but i will honestly quit and play another game before i have to thow away everything and buy again prem nx and pets and perm teleport rock. players time and money should be appreciated and respected nexon cant tell us just throw away your money and buy everything new.

actually they can... its their game

its unfortunate but thats life in general, dont see why you are making a fuss over it. You chose to play gms and not ems back then.

Back then you had the ability to play on gms while others werent.
    Yonax
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

their choice and decision to make, but if they will not allow a transfer to Luna. by all mean good luck to them but i quit and im not the only one.
    i know atleast 30 budies who will quit if transfer wont be possible. and im sure there are many more.
    i know broa is full of israelian who cant handle pings /
    What would you have done if there had been no migration and GMS and EMS remained separate?
    They would still be playing.

its just whining and baby raging because they arent getting their way.
    Wiceak
  • sk0rzzsk0rzz
    edited November 2016
    Old 100% scrolls 5 att to Go to be deleted? Demethos & Kradia
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    ShacoTheTacoo

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Raira94
    Raira94 said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Arisat
    Arisat said:

I'm from europe, but I played in GMS. The only reason I'm not playing right now is because of the region lock on steam, with this merge, will they be able to lift the region lock so people from Europe can play as well?
    yes probably, but the problem is.. you will not be able to play on Luna, the world which lucated in EU. which i think is unfair .
    i think they should let us play and trasnfer our accounts to Luna so we can also have normal pings.
    but you can play on luna after the merge, at least that is how it was writen in the memo
    we can create chars in global world and likewise you guys can create chars in luna

so in my case i've played more than 11 years and spent atleast 5,000 usd on this game. on my nx and cool stuff.
    you tell me i should just throw away 11 years of effort and the 5,000 usd i spent on game and prem nx ?
    does it seem fair?, no its not fair. why does everyone get to play maplestorey on normal ping and is able to chose
    i did nothing wrong i played the game and supported nexon , when there was no server in EU i understand
    but now when they would hold a server in EU why is it much to ask to play on EU server?
    balance or items or what not are all meaningless in pay to win game like maplestory.
    most people in Luna will quickly buy nx and get anything few times better than what i have. in 1 week of paying money you can
    get 10 times more than what you get with 11 years of playing . but we are talking here about something which is basic.
    keep my nx and being able to play with decent pings. if they can provide me good pings in Windia. sure.
    ill stay in windia no problem. but when all bosses are 1 ko and what decide if you can boss is your ping and reactions
    it makes game not playable. but i will honestly quit and play another game before i have to thow away everything and buy again prem nx and pets and perm teleport rock. players time and money should be appreciated and respected nexon cant tell us just throw away your money and buy everything new.

its unfortunate but thats life in general, dont see why you are making a fuss over it. You chose to play gms and not ems back then.

i played gms before ems was out, when ems was out i already spent alot of money and few years
    ShacoTheTacoo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

their choice and decision to make, but if they will not allow a transfer to Luna. by all mean good luck to them but i quit and im not the only one.
    i know atleast 30 budies who will quit if transfer wont be possible. and im sure there are many more.
    What would you have done if there had been no migration and GMS and EMS remained separate?

they wont, and i wont. the game is not enjoyable with high pings, cant boss and cant do all new things.
    if i am to stay with high pings or pay all money for nx again, i rather play another game.
    like path of exile of League of Legends. they wouldnt ask me to spend money again and again,
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

ShacoTheTacoo

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Raira94
    Raira94 said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Arisat
    Arisat said:

i played gms before ems was out, when ems was out i already spent alot of money and few years
    ShacoTheTacoo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

they wont, and i wont. the game is not enjoyable with high pings, cant boss and cant do all new things.
    if i am to stay with high pings or pay all money for nx again, i rather play another game.
    like path of exile of League of Legends. they wouldnt ask me to spend money again and again,
    Ok as i understand this, you will quit.
    Have fun with whatever game you will play. :)
    Yonax
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    Perceptivity

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

ShacoTheTacoo

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Raira94
    Raira94 said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Arisat
    Arisat said:

ShacoTheTacoo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Ok as i understand this, you will quit.
    Have fun with whatever game you will play. :)
    yup unless they will allow us transfer, you are beinsg just selfish and foolish. you are comfortably trasnfered and dont lose anything
    get all your accouts and everything into global, but you dont want EU players from global transfer to Luna or being able to play
    just so you can stay top in server or feel ahead of everyone. while all this is stupid and childish because
    quite soon people will just buy prem nx boxes and get rich and make items beyond understanding.
    balance doesnt exist in maplestory and never will. and what do you think? world transfer events are something that sometimes happens. eventually they will allow a tranmsfer to Luna.
    what will you say then?
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    ohh, and i do hope you will watch Luna die.. as in gets so empty and and boring.
    and then you would regret going and standing up against people who lives in EU and wanted to transfer to Luna.
    go play 1 of the empty servers in global and lets see if you would still want an empty server.
    trust me if people from global would transfer to Luna it would onyl do good to Luna and keep it healthy server.
    even big servers of GMS got merges and are still empty and dead.
    lets see if when you play with your self balance and silly things as few items that you can get in few weeks will matter to you.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    Raira94
    Raira94 said:

@Kuroll okaaaaaaaaay i didnt mean to say you should throw everything. i also didnt say that it is fair that you lose everything in order to switch to a better ping.
    i know you must be angry about but some ems player also wanted to switch with everything to a more popular world. its just not possible right now and they said it
    already a while ago when they declaired the merge. its okay to get angry about it, it is also okay to be disapointed, but its not okay to pin point everything on 1 person
    that just wanted to correct you about something she though you misundertand/misread.

when i start reading i though "huch all i did was telling him he is able to create a char on luna just like i can play reboot how did it turn out like that o.o".

i can really understand you since im also going to give up a lot for my switch but at the same time i wont lose everything since it is still going to be their
    you can play for fun in 1 world and keep all your hard work in another. beside this game is never meant to last forever one day its going to shut down maybe in 10 or 20 years maybe even longer and than ? everything will be gone just like that... and i guess in a way that also wont be fair....
    im sorry if i offended, i didnt meant to throw it on you, so my deep apology.
    but i am tired of selfish ems players who are standing up agains eu players from gms while they are suppossed to be on our side.
    i do understand the game will shut down eventually but the thing is.
    if they have the ability to allow a world transfer for not american people who wants to doom the new world but simple for
    people who been playing this game so long.. and just wish to play with normal pings without throwing away anything
    reboot is different example and even you know this. reboot is meant to be a balanced server with no pay to win
    ofc transfering to reboot would be agaisnt its concept.
    but in normal servers it is not an issue. people will always buy better items using cash
    even someone who play 2 weeks can be far ahead and stronger than someone playing for 11 years,
    and these selfish people from EMS who think only about being stronger than others play this game for wrong reasons.
    thety dont even care for the server to be dead and empty or not or what simple players would want or prefer
    but they only care about where is their position in being rich.
    while they forger even a fresh starter player whos willing to pay alot of money
    will surpass them instantly. yes i do wish to transfer and play in Luna.
    but also i do believe. Luna needs what EU players from global has to offer.
    keeping us away from "our server" EU server would only make that server more dead and will
    harm its sucsses. i belive even you and everyone want to see this new EU merged server shining and being full and livly
    and not just empty server with few super rich people in the free market. i wish to play not merch
    to stay in free market that i can do in NA and GMS aswell with high pings. but unlike these who care about being rich i want to play
    and enjoy the game something that will definitely help Luna to shine and be better world. so instead of looking at the big picture
    and supporting us who want to emjoy the game and play in Luna and make it work and shine
    and stand for us they just care about silly stuff like what i might bring.. anything that i might "bring"
    is something that after patch you can easily get..
  • WiceakWiceak
    Reactions: 1,210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    @Kuroll djeez man you choosed to stay in gms even tho their were ems servers a bit later. Why the big drama now when you could have switched long ago already.
    Yonax
  • Raira94Raira94
    Reactions: 940
    edited November 2016
    @kuroll did you even read the notes ?
    we are going to lose all our friendlist,blacklist,guild,marrige,monsterlife,towerofoz,dojo inofrmation.
    some of our items are a bit buggy since the big ems to gms update so that our data is similar and it easier to transfer.
    there was a time they deleate everyone emblem after that patch and everyone though they lost 1 of their most important items.
    also they said they might have to remove a few items which dont exist in gms like veracent items or suprem world medals.
    does items also took a long time to get at specially the level 200 suprem medal took me almost 1 and a half year

you complain about a ping problem when we had to fear about so many things.
    sure what perceptivity said might sound rude to you, but at the end he just summed up what you were saying all long.

ps: dont forget many things can happen. there is nothing set in stone in maple maybe they randomly decide on a transfer event when they feel like it.
    but if people just complain i dont think they are going to be very motivated....
  • Raira94Raira94
    Reactions: 940
    edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

Raira94
    Raira94 said:

@Kuroll okaaaaaaaaay i didnt mean to say you should throw everything. i also didnt say that it is fair that you lose everything in order to switch to a better ping.
    i know you must be angry about but some ems player also wanted to switch with everything to a more popular world. its just not possible right now and they said it
    already a while ago when they declaired the merge. its okay to get angry about it, it is also okay to be disapointed, but its not okay to pin point everything on 1 person
    that just wanted to correct you about something she though you misundertand/misread.

when i start reading i though "huch all i did was telling him he is able to create a char on luna just like i can play reboot how did it turn out like that o.o".

i can really understand you since im also going to give up a lot for my switch but at the same time i wont lose everything since it is still going to be their
    you can play for fun in 1 world and keep all your hard work in another. beside this game is never meant to last forever one day its going to shut down maybe in 10 or 20 years maybe even longer and than ? everything will be gone just like that... and i guess in a way that also wont be fair....
    im sorry if i offended, i didnt meant to throw it on you, so my deep apology.
    but i am tired of selfish ems players who are standing up agains eu players from gms while they are suppossed to be on our side.
    i do understand the game will shut down eventually but the thing is.
    if they have the ability to allow a world transfer for not american people who wants to doom the new world but simple for
    people who been playing this game so long.. and just wish to play with normal pings without throwing away anything
    reboot is different example and even you know this. reboot is meant to be a balanced server with no pay to win
    ofc transfering to reboot would be agaisnt its concept.
    but in normal servers it is not an issue. people will always buy better items using cash
    even someone who play 2 weeks can be far ahead and stronger than someone playing for 11 years,
    and these selfish people from EMS who think only about being stronger than others play this game for wrong reasons.
    thety dont even care for the server to be dead and empty or not or what simple players would want or prefer
    but they only care about where is their position in being rich.
    while they forger even a fresh starter player whos willing to pay alot of money
    will surpass them instantly. yes i do wish to transfer and play in Luna.
    but also i do believe. Luna needs what EU players from global has to offer.
    keeping us away from "our server" EU server would only make that server more dead and will
    harm its sucsses. i belive even you and everyone want to see this new EU merged server shining and being full and livly
    and not just empty server with few super rich people in the free market. i wish to play not merch
    to stay in free market that i can do in NA and GMS aswell with high pings. but unlike these who care about being rich i want to play
    and enjoy the game something that will definitely help Luna to shine and be better world. so instead of looking at the big picture
    and supporting us who want to emjoy the game and play in Luna and make it work and shine
    and stand for us they just care about silly stuff like what i might bring.. anything that i might "bring"
    is something that after patch you can easily get..
    oh yes i can understand that some ems player also tried to ask if they could transfer their chars to a selected gms world but that idea got shoot down imediendly
    im not sure how this merge is going to be and when i see the looooooooong maintance i already get a shiver >.<

but it is only a start im sure there is still more to come they just need to fix things first im sure the whole merge is going to cause many many buggs in near furute
    :D
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    Wiceak
    Wiceak said:

@Kuroll djeez man you choosed to stay in gms even tho their were ems servers a bit later. Why the big drama now when you could have switched long ago already.
    by the time EMS was out i already spent tons of moeny on NX.
    so get out of your bubble and give stupid. answers. stupid replies get stupid replies
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    @Kuroll you still going on about server transfers to Luna. At the start of the migration process they already announced that it won't be possible to transfer servers from or to Luna. They gave an answer long ago and yet I still see you pages whining about it. Might sounds rude, but it's the truth. If you wanna play on Luna so badly you're welcome to make a char their, just be aware you gotta start over. Luna will be fine with or without you, it's up to you to decide if you wanna be part of it or not.
    WiceakPerceptivityxKiiChan
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Merge will be from 9AM untill 10.30PM for NA and 11.30PM for EU (CET)
    See you soon in Luna!
    en.maplestory.nexoneu.com/Maple.aspx?Part=/News/Notice&mode=view&uid=6545
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

@Kuroll you still going on about server transfers to Luna. At the start of the migration process they already announced that it won't be possible to transfer servers from or to Luna. They gave an answer long ago and yet I still see you pages whining about it. Might sounds rude, but it's the truth. If you wanna play on Luna so badly you're welcome to make a char their, just be aware you gotta start over. Luna will be fine with or without you, it's up to you to decide if you wanna be part of it or not.
    they are having their own salty, child-like protest even though they had "quit" before this merge and can only see their problem as the biggest issue.

if they already "quit" before this merge then surly they can "quit" again without being this dramatic over the same issue.

PerceptivitySparklee
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    didnt read this entire thread so if it was addressed i missed it, but with the new change to game time does this mean daily reset is now at a different time for things such as bosses, events. reward points and guild contribution
  • Isra3lFtwIsra3lFtw
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for the hard work, but i gotta ask you a question i have a realy funded character on windia, cant you guys help me transfer all my characters to LUNA FOR Example? so ill have better connection less lags/less ping/ the only thing that holding me from doin so its all my progress on the current server im playing, [WINDIA]

if ill have the option to transfer all my progress on windia to THE NEW WORLD OF EMS NEW SERVER [LUNA] ill do SO , Please disccus about it with the higher ranks of yours guys ,HELP US THE EUROPEANS TO have that option to do so without losing anything. ,P.S Thanks for the hard work!!
  • HardflipHardflip
    edited November 2016
    So if EU players played on EU scania will they come to GMS scania? I want to know if GMS scania is getting new players?? Awnser please