[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A couple of questions about GMS

CBeastCBeast
Reactions: 300
in General Chat
So I had played maplestory a long time ago, before the pirate class was released. Used to play quite a bit but never really got into the game or very far since lvling back then was crazy. Just about a month ago I decided to return to the game and been having a blast but I've been mainly playing on reboot. I have a couple of classes 100+ and a demonslayer to almost 200. But of course I've been mainly on reboot because from what I've seen most people do play reboot, but I have just a couple of questions about the GMS since I'm think of trying it out with the auction house and being able to trade with other players but I have a couple of questions.

1. Do you need to have a meso grinding character?

2. Is it super p2w or can you completely play without paying a cent? I'm ok with maybe paying a couple of dollars here and there but nothing too crazy.

3. Is it better to play on a lower populated server or a more populated server? I'm assuming it affects the auction houses more.

Comments

• KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited August 2021
    1: No, you do not need to have a meso grinding character thats cause all your characters can be a meso grinder thanks to auction house sell whatever you find or dont want from cash shop ergo clothing.

2: Power comes at a price and NOW especially it comes from your wallet, and yes sure you can be pure f2p and get gains slow...and i mean slow even with a carry but those sweet sweet cubes are going to cost cash and bossers kinda got shafted this patch on cubes but you CAN make your own and some bosses drop th...hmmm well they did but now they are reduced to near sweetwater gear drop rates...can also grind elite mobs and bosses for cubes now...so to answer its p2w if you got it to spend if not f2p still can get you far just at a snails pace slower than reboot...

3: Thats a double edges sword, the reason should be a no brainer for any mapler but just in case low pop= economy is going to be sus, bots are going to be more frequent do to empty maps...empty maps :D, party play for bosses you cant handle will be just dead till you can either solo or get help.

High pop=Loads of people to talk to, bots are there but run like a crack head when spotted, guilds!, lots of maps taken for training, can get help for bosses if needed...lots and lots of trolls...
    CBeast
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited August 2021
    You can progress without paying anything, but getting stronger will be like 5-10 x slower than Reboot if you don't buy premade equipment.
  • CBeastCBeast
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2021
    Thanks for the the responses. Seems like yes it is p2w if your wanting to keep up, but f2p is possible just way slower. This is was super helpful for me, might just give GMS a go and see how I like it for myself.