[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Start force 5 star enhancement scroll

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited November 2020 in General Chat
For instance, it can be bought from the Maple Tour shop (is there a limit to how many I can buy?).

Does it just add stars to equips, up to a maximum of 5? Or does it add 5 to whatever is currently there?

Example, what happens if I use it on a 4 star equip? Does it end up at 5, or 9?

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2020
    It add stars to the equipment until it has exactly 5 stars (cannot be use on equipment with 5 or more stars)
    Mawg
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2020
    It add stars to the equipment until it has exactly 5 stars (cannot be used on equipment with 5 or more stars)
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited November 2020
    Then I can''t really see the point of it. At elast, no on Maple Tour, where it costs 70 coins, but 150 couns will get m
  • MawgMawg
    edited November 2020
    Then I can''t really see the point of it. At least, not on Maple Tour, where it costs 70 coins, but 150 coins will get me 1 billion mesos. Thanks for the heads up
  • MawgMawg
    edited January 2021
    Mawg wrote: »
    Then I can''t really see the point of it. At least, not on Maple Tour, where it costs 70 coins, but 150 coins will get me 1 billion mesos. Thanks for the heads up

Me neither. Unless, perhaps, it guarantees 100% on the pre-star satts, e.g ATT/MATT. Does nyoen know if it does that? If so, is it at 30/70/100% success rate if scrolled normally, as they add different stats?

In fact, I just asked a more detailed question about that.
  • bigaz1bigaz1
    Reactions: 210
    edited August 2021
    Well i just wasted 70 coins :/
    Mawg
  • MawgMawg
    edited August 2021
    bigaz1 wrote: »
    Well i just wasted 70 coins :/

Since they removed the piggy bank, there's not much left to spend them on. EXP is negligible, and you only need so many Elixirs. I still do it twice daily, out of habit, but bossing would probably be a more profitable use of time.
  • mexanesegirlmexanesegirl
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2021
    The 5th job advancement requires a total of 100 stars spread out across all your equipped equipment and are there are certain grinding areas that require star force, so star force is useful for that. It costs mesos each time you attempt to add a star to your equipment, and the higher the number of stars you have on it increases the amount of mesos it costs.
  • CrispHotdogCrispHotdog
    Reactions: 855
    edited August 2021
    The 5th job advancement requires a total of 100 stars spread out across all your equipped equipment and are there are certain grinding areas that require star force, so star force is useful for that. It costs mesos each time you attempt to add a star to your equipment, and the higher the number of stars you have on it increases the amount of mesos it costs.

The point is it takes over an entire month of dedicated entries before you can buy one (unless you spend maple points, in which case it's nearly a week). Even if you were a new player you would for sure have all your gear at 10 stars, or at the very least consider 5 stars stat upgrade costs on an item chump change.

It's not worth an entire month of your efforts