[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dutch trading restrictions.

Comments

• Terrific_NemesisTerrific_Nemesis
    Reactions: 675
    Most of us Dutch/Belgium players were aware of new laws being implemented but the way it is enforced now feels like being punched in the gut and could be implemented in a total different way as stated in other posts above.
    I hope you guys at nexon hq will have another look into this matter to come up with a better solution as in this form we won’t be able to play the game as intended and as the game we all know and love.
    I feel like a loyal playerbase like this definitely deserves more then this. Specially we’re most of them are playing for 10+yrs and stood by your side for all of those yrs including me.

Loyal 15 yrs playing mapler.
    OlandeseKradiaRogue
  • sBraberssBrabers
    Reactions: 210
    There are more solutions to this issue nexon don't go easy on us... honestly this is unfair and your killing our experience with this game that involved a big part of our lives for most of us. It's part of our childhood and continious made us making great memories till the grown ups that we are today.. listen to your player base.
    Olandese
  • TrapleDemonTrapleDemon
    Reactions: 210
    edited October 2021
    Was a little scared that nobody would even take the time to say anything about it, but im glad so many people did already. I signed the petition, and i hope everybody does that. please Nexon notice that this i a real problem and that there needs to be a solution. i've been playing this game for 10+ years. if you cant regulate some of the bans then please let us transfer our characters to the reboot server. Hopefully somebody will notice some of this at Nexon and they will find a solution.
    WONDERGUY
  • UndetectedUndetected
    Reactions: 960
    edited October 2021
    let my dutch brothers and sisters breathe!!!
    WONDERGUY
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2021
    Dear Maplers,

I am personally a Soldier in Call of Duty.

The "transfer" of yielded items through gambling are illegal. This was introduced in 2018 actually.

They also introduced a 'Gambling License' in their legislation recently. There's less than 100 companies that have this license, they are required ensure players are gambling responsibly, cut them off when they are spending too much, they must provide reports, etc. Feel free to look it up.

Best regards,
    An actual Soldier in Call of Duty
  • KradiaRogueKradiaRogue
    Reactions: 1,185
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2021
    @Nexon the least thing you could do is reconsider the restrictions, and see whether an alternative solution is feasible. Communicate with your playerbase, be transparent for once. Explain why certain solutions won't work. Perhaps now is the time to come up with a solution that addresses the gambling aspects of the game, before other European countries follow in the Netherlands' footsteps, and come knocking on your door.
    WONDERGUY
    edited October 2021
    Most of us Dutch/Belgium players were aware of new laws being implemented but the way it is enforced now feels like being punched in the gut and could be implemented in a total different way as stated in other posts above.
    I hope you guys at nexon hq will have another look into this matter to come up with a better solution as in this form we won’t be able to play the game as intended and as the game we all know and love.
    I feel like a loyal playerbase like this definitely deserves more then this. Specially we’re most of them are playing for 10+yrs and stood by your side for all of those yrs including me.

Loyal 15 yrs playing mapler.
    Olandese
  • MysteryMystery
    Reactions: 1,345
    edited October 2021
    Dear GM (Nexon),

I appreciate you forwarding the mails to the Game Team, but i have yet to actually hear more from your end as to how you will be implementing the new Dutch law into MapleStory, without making the game unplayable for Dutch players.

Therefor my concerns are still the same. I have passed along 2 possible suggestions on how to achieve this for you as a company.
    Honestly the main issue for Dutch players will be to no longer be able to trade ingame items (not nx items), as those are needed to progress ingame.

It is still unclear to me why you would feel the need to disable ingame trading and dropping / looting of game items (again i am not speaking about nx items).

This law is based on preventing gambling addiction for underage (below 18 years of age) players, but that has to do with actual real life money, mesos are not a real currency and as such is not even subject to this law. It is however necessary to be able to trade ingame to progress and to keep the game playable as it was intended to be played.

Anything mesos related has nothing to do with the new Dutch law. Mesos is a made up currency in your online game called MapleStory, not a real life currency (which would fall subject to the new Dutch law).

Therefor it is easy to comply with the law by disabling anything that actually DOES deal with real life currencies (anything NX related). Ingame trading for mesos does not need to be disabled.

Hope to hear from you soon and placing my trust and faith in Nexon as a company,

With kind regards,

SoulOfAngel
    WONDERGUYOlandese
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2021
    Not a single reply from a cm gm or w/e is that how little the Dutch community means? They gave answers solutions options. So much for we listen to our players...
    We were already restricted to the point where we COULDN'T profit of gacha ssb Marv etc. Wasn't that the whole point of the restrictions. Not being able to profit of gambling items what does the auction house restriction have to do with this or the 1:1 trade. I would understand the mesos market being disabled. But the auction house really? What am I gonna do with the mesos I make?? I can't do anything can't buy items from anyone. Am I gonna be able to buy cubes in cs with it like in normal reboot? Cause that's pretty much how the restrictions make it here. Reboot on normal server. It's a stupid change. Not thought through at all. Not talked about. And not even listened to players... Ty for the great communication...
    WONDERGUYOlandese
  • YourWorstFearYourWorstFear
    Reactions: 220
    edited October 2021
    Well Nexon just screwed us Dutch players over. Ban me for my language all you want. But Nexon is incapable and incompetent to apply the new Dutch rules correctly. Honestly its a shame. It shows Nexon doesnt care about us for one bit. I've been playing this godforsaken game for over 16 years. Got so many great memories from it. Friends and family I'll cherish forever. Met my financee through maple. To think Nexon doesnt even care about ripping friends apart because of this is beyond me. And all because Nexon can barely read and write. ANd totally not listening to us Dutch players about what the Dutch law is actually for.

I hope my guild Kingdomheroes in Bera (former in Broa) will be around for many years to come. But the fact is that our leader and my good friend is Dutch. SO yea... Gonna miss my Kingdomheroes home and family. Thanks for everything guys, love you<333.

So it's time to go now.

Nexon? Go to hell and rot there. ANd give me back my 3000 euros i spend on maple in 16 years. Idiots.

LordMorry (Broa)/ WarlordMorry (Bera)

Kingdomheroes forever<3333

WONDERGUYOlandese
    edited October 2021
    Well good to see that nexon doesnt care about us as a playerbase and are just implementing all of it.
    the incompetance in that company is so great i cant even begin to decribe it.
    al options they give us is to kick us to reboot and give a large bebe as compensation for all your yrs of hard work and dedication.
    starting from stratch while i have 8.3k legion and a lvl 280 main in reg server no ty.
    if you would actually take your time to mirror my acount to reboot with the gear i have id actually think it over but yea who are we kidding here.
    i remember something about being more transperant and being there for your comunity. well were are you now nexon.
    WONDERGUYOlandese
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited October 2021
    still beating dead horse...
    like if nexon is going to see this,they ignored 100's of community open letters
    maplestory_GMS.png
    how many years of promises for better maple and suggestions got ignored ?
    why did nexonNA got unspoken about cube rates ? especially after KMS scandal ?
    all the players request for cosmetic only server ? or reduce lootbox-p2w -cashgrab content?....

i envy nexon the way they cold hearted suggesting to dutch players to restart to reboot LMAO
    first slap your players and takeing their future progress away then tell them to comeback and that nexon will make "special event" for those who will restart in reboot (@nexon you think your player base is that whale adicted to keep no matter what you do to them? lol )
    thats not it
    2h after that nexon go and post cashshop update with bunch of cashgrab lootbox things like is nothing and exclude dutch players

they say move to reboot ?....
    flashback of "BTS signature pack" in reboot that gave title with stats
    did we forgot ?
    i can't be bothered to search for all other sneaky reboot lootbox - cashgrab content they did

what are you going to do to those players that will move in reboot after this ? tell them sorry again and add more restrictions?
  • BandaBanda
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited October 2021
    the only elegant solution for european players is not that hard to implement:
    step 1: take the game from non-reboot
    step 2: replace the cash shop from non-reboot with the one from reboot
    step 3: add untradeble items like permapets, frenzy totem, perma telerocks ..... to cash shop on a non-gambling base (what you see is what you get)
    that should provide nexon enough income to make it worthwhile
    step 4: throw all that on a new server and organise a world transfer event

this way you get a nice play to win version of the game without the gambling aspect, with some good functionality items available from cash shop
    it would also be the first time in over a decade that i could recommend the game to friends, and i guess they would finally get an expanding playerbase

such a server would avoid that many players will quit, and makes it able to world transfer people from other counties in europe whenever their gambling rules catch up with the dutch and belgian ones
    WONDERGUY
  • ActionCortActionCort
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2021
    I read the law and the actions of Nexon are an overkill. The current limits were more than enough. Perhaps only disabling meso market and lootboxes would be more than enough. Not being able to trade entirely makes 0 sense to me since players have to acquire mesos by playing. and it won't be possible to buy mesos or gain anything because of lootboxes.

This truly feels like Nexon is punishing all Dutch players for a law they don't agree with. I feel really sad that Nexon is punishing us for a law we MapleStory players didn't ask or vote for. Me and lots of dutchies spend so much time and money on this game and you're punishing all of them without any need or logical reason :(
    WONDERGUY
  • SaliziiaSaliziia
    Reactions: 540
    edited October 2021
    Madness. So afraid for big fines they blocking the game for all Dutchies. Other games have to comply too, but not like this! There are other possibilities, hope they will change their mind! EMS is nothing compared to GMS with regards to income for them but still Dutchies are 2nd biggest player database. Should count for something!
    WONDERGUY
  • ClaringClaring
    Reactions: 205
    edited October 2021
    Nexon can't read Dutch. Clearly.
    Nexon can simply contact the Dutch organizations regulating this (CRUKS), become a registered company.
    And they can bypass all the previous laws, they do have to prevent people from spending if they are in the CRUKS register (as gambling addict).

But no other limitations are needed.

Besides that, the previous enforcements on Dutch players were already overkill, so no need to further limit us.

At the very least, we should be able to SELL MESOS for MAPLE-POINTS, so we can atleast do something with our mesos..... (would be better to make it a Reboot CS for Dutch players).

They plan on getting us all to play on Reboot, but no refund or compensation on all the money/time spent on regular servers, I have no clue what's going on inside their minds....

EDIT:

To explain the current law as clearly and simple as possible:

Gambling/ game of chance laws apply to games where:
    - It is possible for the player to engage in an activity by paying a real world currency (or ingame currency obtained from a real world currency).
    - This activity has a random element to it.
    - The activity has a chance to reward the player with something that has monetary value. (monetary is a bit big here, but it basically means any currency, however it is aimed towards real world currency).

AS you can see Nexon already prevents dutch players from trading, so the law was already being followed.....
    The ONLY change that came after oct 1st 2021, was the addition of the CRUKS register, where these laws could be bypassed if the company was registered and complied to use the register to check and report players being "gambling addicts" or simply spending too much.
    WONDERGUY
  • HyosungHyosung
    Reactions: 315
    edited October 2021
    The Dutch -> Reboot transfer event is a joke. 3 characters?
    If they aren't transferring characters, they should at least provide a mega/tera for every char that is over 200/150.

If this is the compensation they get, goodbye to the dutch community. You've killed them.
    WONDERGUY
  • ClaringClaring
    Reactions: 205
    edited October 2021
    Yeah this is the real compensation, you get 90K maple points and 3 tera burning chars and the default Burning event Rewards.
    Which we could get by just waiting a few months for the burning event to start again.....
    The 90K maple points really doesn't compensate to have been playing for several years or spend a ton of money.
    Just a big finger to the Dutch community (not understanding the law, taking obvious wrong action to follow the misunderstood law, bugging the game where people get frequent D/C or A/B).

+ I can't even create a Beast Tamer in Reboot.
    RIP.
  • OlandeseOlandese
    Reactions: 1,180
    edited October 2021
    thank you nexon for destroying us, u guys are out of your mind if you think we will start over again in reboot with some lame compensation.

• MoocystMoocyst
    Reactions: 200
    The best fix for this would be the option to tranfer ALL existing characters to the reboot server, or to somehow grant us the perks of reboot permanently on our characters. We know this probably won't happen though, seeing as nexon has pulled these actions many times before. Me and my two irl friends have been playing this game for YEARS. They even started playing again even though their characters were deleted (after the big bang character deletion event) and have even progressed further than they were before. But this is honestly the last straw. Probsbly won't play Maplestory ever again if they don't fix these issues. They really think having 3 tera burning characters is xompensation for 10+ years of collecting event items, nx, face/hairstyles, gear, leveling characters for legion etc etc. A measly 3 characters to level 200 and some non permanent pets? Vs years of collection, leveling and money spent on this game... It's basically over