[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

update: I got my stolen guild back.

JezJez
Reactions: 1,600
edited November 2021 in General Chat
UPDATE:
guys, thanks to the help of a very nice person, I have gotten my guild back!

I am still very firm in my stance that nexon needs to update the leadership transfer on absence function to include the following:
-the former leader cannot be kicked from the guild
-the former leader can take back the leadership position if they return to the game

it is absolutely unacceptable to allow someone to take a guild and then completely wreck it just because the leader has been offline for 30 days
  1. should guild leadership be protected as written above?0 votes
    1. yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. no
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited August 2021
    Jez wrote: »
    I created a guild years ago. A while back I added someone who requested and made them jr. When I created the guild there was no functionality that allowed juniors to steal the guild from absent leaders. I had no idea this guy could possibly steal my guild if I went offline for a month.
    Well, things came up in real life and I had to be off for 30 days. When I returned to maple i found that this guy had taken leader of my guild and demoted everyone. I sent a ticket to nexon. Nexon refused to help and told me to post on the forums. I posted on the forums and the mod told me to submit at ticket and acted like I was the problem, completely disregarding the issue. The guy refused to talk to me in game and would not respond to guild messages asking for my guild back.
    Now I just got back from two months off maple and he has kicked everyone in the guild.

This is not right. My guild should be returned to me instead of nexon protecting this thief just because he spends thousands on NX.

I'm sorry to hear about your guild.
    It's pretty crazy how sometimes nexon can simply abandon their own loyal players in their most difficult times.... sad...
    Wesleyx3
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2021
    Waiting a few months to repost is still spamming. Also I knew your handle looked familiar, thought you weren't going to post on the forums anymore?

https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/31093/allow-old-leader-to-take-leader-of-stolen-guild
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2021
    I sent a ticket to nexon. Nexon refused to help and told me to post on the forums.

This is not right. My guild should be returned to me instead of nexon protecting this thief just because he spends thousands on NX.

What??????
    Can you post the the customer service message that says that? I highly doubt anyone in nx would tell you to report this kind of problem to the forum. Pretty much everyone knows that no one on forum has power to do anything in game.
  • JezJez
    edited August 2021
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    I sent a ticket to nexon. Nexon refused to help and told me to post on the forums.

What??????
    Can you post the the customer service message that says that? I highly doubt anyone in nx would tell you to report this kind of problem to the forum. Pretty much everyone knows that no one on forum has power to do anything in game.

i8iMtk9.jpg

and the mod of course told me to submit a ticket as soon as i posted on the forums and then told me not to take the game so seriously
    I was robbed. Anyone could see the right thing to do in this situation yet they didn't even make an attempt and they acted like I am the problem... when I am a victim.
  • EdatronEdatron
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2021
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

What??????

i8iMtk9.jpg

and the mod of course told me to submit a ticket as soon as i posted on the forums and then told me not to take the game so seriously
    I was robbed. Anyone could see the right thing to do in this situation yet they didn't even make an attempt and they acted like I am the problem... when I am a victim.

With the new guild leadership transfer system, anyone can claim leadership after 30+day hiatus, regardless if they are JRs or not. You've been playing this game for years, you had to have known about this feature one way or another.

That being said, its about time you move on.
  • JezJez
    edited September 2021
    Edatron wrote: »

With the new guild leadership transfer system, anyone can claim leadership after 30+day hiatus, regardless if they are JRs or not. You've been playing this game for years, you had to have known about this feature one way or another.

Can you not read? I created the guild years ago before stealing guilds was implemented. When I added the guild thief I had no idea that he could possibly steal my guild.
    I will not move on. He stole from me, he plotted for a year waiting for his chance to steal. Nexon is complicit in the theft because of their oversight. They should have made it so the old leader could not be kicked and had an option to take leader back if they returned. Allowing theft and then refusing to help is absolutely abhorrent. It is clear what should be done, and it could easily be done. Yet Nexon has chosen to do the wrong thing.
  • EdatronEdatron
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2021
    Edatron wrote: »

Can you not read? I created the guild years ago before stealing guilds was implemented. When I added the guild thief I had no idea that he could possibly steal my guild.
    I will not move on. He stole from me, he plotted for a year waiting for his chance to steal. Nexon is complicit in the theft because of their oversight. They should have made it so the old leader could not be kicked and had an option to take leader back if they returned. Allowing theft and then refusing to help is absolutely abhorrent. It is clear what should be done, and it could easily be done. Yet Nexon has chosen to do the wrong thing.

I'm able to read perfectly fine. You on the other hand, fail to comprehend anything.

So you created the guild years ago. Was that supposed to prevent you from the new system's rules, which was implemented not too long ago? NO.

It was your fault for not knowing what system was in place. You were clearly playing when the new system was implemented, WHICH HAPPENED NOT SO LONG AGO, ABOUT 2-3 YEARS AGO (GIVE OR TAKE).

Unfortunately you have no idea what revolves around you, you decided to take a break from maple and bam, this guy you added took it under your nose because you didn't log on for 30+ days. Then you decided to take another 2 months of break and bam, you come back sometime last month (August) and everyone was kicked out.

Sadly, you're not gonna get it back, unless the guy decides to release it. Whether the guy spends thousands on NX or not is irrelevant. Whether you spend thousands on NX or not is also irrelevant.

Reading your post from like 2 months ago. Its actually funny lol. You act like this game revolves on your little guild, to the extent that you don't even want to create new characters anymore unless you get it back [insert laughing emoji here]
  • JezJez
    edited September 2021
    Asinine

How in the hell can you act like it is my fault for not reading all the changes they implemented?
    How the **** would anyone anticipate that they would add anything with such poor oversight?

They added this feature which allowed me to be robbed. They need to rectify it. Their oversight is not my fault.
    Why are you so adamant about defending theft and nexons complicity?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2021
    Asinine

How in the hell can you act like it is my fault for not reading all the changes they implemented?
    How the **** would anyone anticipate that they would add anything with such poor oversight?

They added this feature which allowed me to be robbed. They need to rectify it. Their oversight is not my fault.
    Why are you so adamant about defending theft and nexons complicity?

They enabled this feature so that guild skills and Nobless skills and can be assigned and new members can be accepted. Since you were absent for so long, it just did what it was suppose to do which allow the guild to function with its leader absent. It was not designed to rob guilds from its leaders.
  • JezJez
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I realize the intention of the "feature". But nexon's oversight caused me to be robbed. They should have made it so that the original leader could not be kicked and if the original leader returns they have an option to take leader back. Nexon should help me get my guild back, it is clearly the right thing to do.
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I realize the intention of the "feature". But nexon's oversight caused me to be robbed. They should have made it so that the original leader could not be kicked and if the original leader returns they have an option to take leader back. Nexon should help me get my guild back, it is clearly the right thing to do.

I hate to say this, but It will be best if the moderators really respond to this. To be honest, I can't say if they will or not. If you put in a ticket for this incident, I highly suggest waiting for their reply. That's what I would do in your situation. I never lost a guild, but I had experienced being demoted and left a guild due to leadership change. I believe at that time I moved on. :( Sorry, I can't help you much in that regards, but it might be best to see if the moderator will reply to your problem.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2021
    I created a guild years ago. A while back I added someone who requested and made them jr. When I created the guild there was no functionality that allowed juniors to steal the guild from absent leaders. I had no idea this guy could possibly steal my guild if I went offline for a month.
    Well, things came up in real life and I had to be off for 30 days. When I returned to maple i found that this guy had taken leader of my guild and demoted everyone. I sent a ticket to nexon. Nexon refused to help and told me to post on the forums. I posted on the forums and the mod told me to submit at ticket and acted like I was the problem, completely disregarding the issue. The guy refused to talk to me in game and would not respond to guild messages asking for my guild back.
    Now I just got back from two months off maple and he has kicked everyone in the guild.

sorry to hear about your guild I know from experience running a guild the most important decision you will make is picking jrs. The reason I say this is cause I had a similar situation where I gave jr to someone "shouldn't have done it was my fault" and when I was offline he kicked all non-jrs out of the guild and left.

A lot of people showed support when they found out but as a leader, the most important decision you can make is picking the right jrs. Also, the new policy allows anyone to take guild if you the leader been absent for more than a month I think.

Prior to this change, you had to get 3 high contributing guild members to email Nexon to nominate you as the new leader and a staff member will manually make you or anyone you pick as a leader.

So what happen happen its the past but just use this as a learning experience and if you know you will be gone and don't want someone stealing the guild just pass the lead to a trusted friend and have them give it back when you are back from breaks.

But gl from one of the greatest to do it ;)
  • MagnaCarteMagnaCarte
    Reactions: 200
    People are mean on these forums...
  • JezJez
    edited October 2021
    why is nexon so uncaring
  • OhdonkeyOhdonkey
    Reactions: 100
    Nothing like this has ever happened to me.
    I know it sucks but it makes sense.
    Its just like in RL people can squat at your
    pad after a few years living there
    it becomes their property.
    JS
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2021
    Ohdonkey wrote: »
    Nothing like this has ever happened to me.
    I know it sucks but it makes sense.
    Its just like in RL people can squat at your
    pad after a few years living there
    it becomes their property.
    JS

Yeah but nexon only change the way to get a guild cause they didnt wanna bother with those tickets. Cause you needed 3 high contributing members to nominate you as a leader now it all for grabs which kinda takes away from the guild value :(
  • JezJez
    edited October 2021
    its not right, it cannot be justified
    nexon needs to make it so the leader cannot be kicked and the leader can take leader position back if they return
    nexon needs to compensate people who where negatively affected by this oversight
    telling long time players to just deal with it and allow a thief to keep what he stole is unacceptable
  • sirhattersirhatter
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2021
    strongly disagree, when a leader vanishes for over a month, someone needs to step in. what if that leader quit forever? what if they died.

if your members are so loyal to you, make a new guild, they will join you and you can rebuild.

• JezJez
    edited October 2021

sirhatter wrote: »
    strongly disagree, when a leader vanishes for over a month, someone needs to step in. what if that leader quit forever? what if they died.

if your members are so loyal to you, make a new guild, they will join you and you can rebuild.

Nexon should make it so the leader can not be kicked and if the leader returns they can take the position back.
    and there were no other members active in the guild besides me, it was something i had for years and the name was meaningful, creating another guild would not solve the issue with nexons oversight enabling theft.
  • MoonBurstMoonBurst
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2021
    sirhatter wrote: »

If the leader died then ONE of the 100 slots is in use. That's hardly an issue. The problem is that the guild itself were stolen. It might not be mine, but I can totally get why OP is upset, and I agree. Having the rules change and finding when you get back that your guild is stolen isn't cool.