[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple LIVE Superstar Pink Bean's Life Contest

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited November 2021 in Contests and Events
MapleLIVE-Writing-Contest.gif

Hiya Maplers,

Maple LIVE's Superstar Pink Bean is taking the spotlight! Pink Bean is THE Superstar content creator in Maple LIVE and who wouldn't want to take a sneak peek into their extravagant, luxurious life?! We are inviting you, Maplers, to be creative and write what YOU think Superstar Pink Bean's life would be like. You can even write as if you were a paparazzi! The creativity is all yours as long as you follow our criteria!

ONLY ENTRY SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN THIS CHANNEL
(Note: Contest is being held on Official MapleStory Discord and Official MapleStory Forums.)

How to Apply
1. Comment the following in this event post:
- Your In-game name
- World Name
- Your story of Maple LIVE Superstar Pink Bean's life

Tips and Criteria
- The story must be about MapleStory's Maple LIVE Superstar Pink Bean's life.
- As long as you follow the guidelines, you can have fun and be creative as you wish!
- No explicit content is allowed. Please keep it appropriate and PG-13.
- Please keep the story length to 1,000 words maximum.

Judging Process
- MapleStory Community team will vote and determine 5 winners and 10 honorary mentions after the contest.

Prizes
5 Winners
- Lara Wall Scroll
- Lara Sticker Sheet x2
- Guardian Angel Slime Sticker x2
- I, Snowman Chair

10 Honorary Mentions
- Lara Sticker Sheet x2
- Guardian Angel Slime Sticker x2
- I, Snowman Chair

Submission Dates
November 19th - January 10th at 10:00 AM PT

Lara-wallscroll-Preview.jpg
Lara-sticker-Preview.jpg
Slime-sticker-OnAir-Logo.jpg
I_Snowman_Chair.PNG

Comments

• Mapl3rMapl3r
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2021
    IGN: fruitZone
    World: Reboot

I suddenly dashed right to hide in the shadow created by a giant ice cream cone tree, drops of melted mint splashing off my shoulder. He’d almost seen me, but I wasn’t ready for that. The thought of seeing that playful pink face so close to mine alarmed me. I was just too nervous.

Sure he’d passed by the window again, I was free to move and reached out to pluck a bright blue sprinkle from a scoop of chocolate on the tree. What an astounding flavor! However, I still had to get closer to the mobile mansion if I wanted a better peek at the upcoming stream.

Quickly rolling out from behind the cone, I ran and hurdled the hanging swing. Just another duck and a roll and then I was strafing the edge of his mansion. Something dark covered my vision for a moment, and I dropped to the ground with probably the quickest reaction time of my week. Then it brightened, and I realized a cloud had just covered the sun. Ashamed, and sure anybody could see it on my face, I got to my feet and dusted myself off.

“The Maple LIVE Blue Studio live broadcast will start soon! 60 seconds to air!”

At first Pink Bean’s voice mesmerized me, and I remained still. Then my eyes widened, the deep embers quite literally popping out of the sockets. I needed to find the right window, and fast. I rushed around the edges of the mansion, popping up to look through each window.

The first was a playroom. RC car, yo-yo, whistle, and fan. The basics. One of the rooms was filled with low-level warrior armor. Male armor only, too. Pink Bean had to be male. Another had a circle of candles on the ground surrounded by dark red liquid and a poster of Black Bean with a knife through it. That room…. I chose to ignore. Yet a third was a dining room with chunks of meat lying everywhere. I smiled. The appetite was so admirable.

At last I found it. And thank goodness. I’d gotten there in time. The room was dimly lit, with the only light coming from the huge computer monitor. A pink gaming computer chair sat behind it with the most glorious being in both dimensions in it. Those purple horns. The edgy mark over one eye. The bright, giggling laughter. The tail pulled over one shoulder. A set of red and blue heart glasses over the face. What a gorgeous, gorgeous monster. I shuddered in joy.

The stream hadn’t started yet. Twenty seconds to go. I watched as Pink Bean answered his phone. I really didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but I don’t think it was my fault that he was talking where I could hear him.

“Come on Black Viking,” he was saying. “The Orchid plush is waaaaay cooler! It’ll look awesome next to your Irena. Oh, wait. I have to go now.” Then he hung up.
    The Black Viking? Really? The Black Viking was close friends with Superstar Pink Bean, and I wasn’t. A profound sadness rose in me. I wanted so desperately to be friends with him, but I was just so afraid to talk to him.

The betrayal and depression melted away as I heard the Bean’s voice again. “Helllllllo everybody!” There was so much excitement I felt he could replace the sun and the world wouldn’t change. It would be better even. “Today we’re going to be playing Variety eSports: Beach Boss!”

From the reflection of a mirror on the wall, I watched Superstar Pink grab potions and waterdrops. He got kill after kill, shot gunning the opposing team with the enhanced hydroblaster. The superstar cheered with each strike, and they never stood a chance. The blue team completely obliterated red under his leadership. When the Victory notification finally came up on his monitor, Pink Bean launched out of his chair and raised his arms triumphantly. I couldn’t help but silently cheer with him until he sat back down.

The announcement crossed over my screen again. “At XX:00, we’ll be back for some Variety eSports: Tangyoon’s Cooking!” I squeezed my eyes shut. Nobody, nobody, could play Tangyoon’s cooking like Superstar Pink Bean. I couldn’t believe I was going to get to watch him play in person. And only 28 minutes to wait too.
    “Whew, I need a break!” Pink Bean said. Even his exhaustion had enthusiasm. He threw off his headset and left the room. A moment later, I heard the front door open and close. I gulped. What if he came this way! Footsteps grew louder. The whistle grew closer. The bass of his boombox felt stronger and stronger.

I turned to run and hide.

No.

I needed to gather my courage. Today was the day I would finally meet my hero. I would meet Superstar Pink Bean. With a deep breath, I took a step out of the shadows. Pink Bean’s eyes immediately found mine, and I felt a sense of contentment like never before.

He opened his mouth.

“Black Mage? What are you doing here?”
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited January 2022
    MapleLIVE-Writing-Contest-Winners.gif

Hiya Maplers,
    Thank you for your patience, we are here to announce our winners and honorary mentions for the Maple LIVE Writing Contest!
    I generally love reading the writing contest entries and these were splendid lol Thanks to everyone who took the time to write and participate in our contest.

Now without further ado, I'll announce our winners DUN DUN DUN...!
    Winners are listed in the submission order
    @Chrissy9011 (Discord)
    https://discord.com/channels/309809230095843328/590305631601426447/913387335624826901
    @HT (Discord)
    https://discord.com/channels/309809230095843328/590305631601426447/915412963396046899
    @roloduck (Discord)
    https://discord.com/channels/309809230095843328/590305631601426447/922676258024853555
    @kay ♡ (Discord)
    https://discord.com/channels/309809230095843328/590305631601426447/928537220443439144
    @ソフィ (Discord)
    https://discord.com/channels/309809230095843328/590305631601426447/928794734846169190

Here are our honorary mentions!
    Honorary mentions are listed in submission order
    @Sadie (Discord)
    @Dally (Discord)
    @spinch (Discord)
    @UMP40 Ran_Mitake (Discord)
    @Nini (Discord)
    @GVictor (Discord)
    @Mapl3r (Forums)

Everyone, I will reach out to you soon but if the IGN/World information you've provided with your submission is inaccurate, please let me know ASAP! We plan to distribute the in-game rewards sometime next week. Again, special thanks to everyone who entered and we'll see you all next time!