[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Full Nebulite revamp - Preparation for V

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

nexon did decline ao but that doesnt mean like we will never. Assuming they change their mind about additional options after V and European merge, i am confident a majority of players would benefit. The limitations of ao would conflict with godly players due to difficulty it is to upgrade when using high level gears unless the community collaborates and craft flames. Assuming the community is idle about crafting, abso and sw users wouldnt benefit since items above 150 need crafted flames. In my eyes, the best results from flames which are on par with A nebs come from high level crating rather than nx.

Making another thread in a week or so since my internet is being upgrading and i cannot type on an iPhone
    they are not going to change their minds within 1 week to 1 month of their last response to it, try waiting a few months before suggesting it again.

suggesting something again, that has already been declined, within a month of you last suggesting it, will just annoy people and possibly become a taboo subject like what happened with... you know.

give the people and Nexon time to step away from AO so they can look at it with fresh eyes later and threads that suggest it not generating annoyance due to the amount of threads on the subject from the same people p̶o̶l̶l̶u̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ flooding the forums.

Besides, It seems more likely they would revamp a system we already have in the game than introduce one they have already rejected once.

I'd rather you try to generate support in your older threads on the AO subject
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

nexon did decline ao but that doesnt mean like we will never. Assuming they change their mind about additional options after V and European merge, i am confident a majority of players would benefit. The limitations of ao would conflict with godly players due to difficulty it is to upgrade when using high level gears unless the community collaborates and craft flames. Assuming the community is idle about crafting, abso and sw users wouldnt benefit since items above 150 need crafted flames. In my eyes, the best results from flames which are on par with A nebs come from high level crating rather than nx.

Making another thread in a week or so since my internet is being upgrading and i cannot type on an iPhone
    It does mean we probably won't get them, and even if we do it probably won't be for a good long while.

Its been 3 years+ since we were supposed to get the Auction House (it came out in Red?) and NexonNA told us no, and we still don't have it (despite a much higher need for the auction house than we have for AO).

Same with Hekaton. 3 years since we were told no

It took years before perm hyper rocks and perm pendant slots came back after we were told it wouldn't happen, and even then they only sorta came back (have to gamble to get them).

We were just told a few months ago a definitive answer on AO. So even on the off chance that we do get them, I wouldn't put money on it being any time soon
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2016
    ill bring it on much later.

For nebulites they should be put in the use tabs.

There can be only D C B and A nebs so there are only 4 types rather than hundreds of unique ones.

All nebulites will give random stats depending on the letter grade and the item type. An example would be a mystery A neb can give 4% stat or +7 luk. If the target item were a weapon or secondary, boss% att% and pdr as well as stat percent and raw numbers.

The mystery nebulites will always drop from bosses regardless if it's Friday the thirteenth or you broke a mirror. The nebulites wont be in boxes anymore. Re rolling/ rank ups would cost mesos like how zero can reconfigure potential. Using alien coins in nlc will improve chances of ranking up and spending a lot could actually force the nebulite to tier up like the 100% tier up items in root abyss. Reconfiguring or ranking up will cost more coins or mesos as the letter grade increases.
    Bahamut_X
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    You wont see the nebulite's effect until it is applied to the item like magnificent souls. Sockets are removed like so the system is like soul weapons without enchantors. Dragging and dropping a nebulite over an item will overwrite the existing one is a lower grade with a higher grade random stat. Like potentials, the stats cannot be removed
  • RisingRainRisingRain
    Reactions: 450
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

There can be only D C B and A nebs so there are only 4 types rather than hundreds of unique ones.

All nebulites will give random stats depending on the letter grade and the item type. An example would be a mystery A neb can give 4% stat or +7 luk. If the target item were a weapon or secondary, boss% att% and pdr as well as stat percent and raw numbers.

The mystery nebulites will always drop from bosses regardless if it's Friday the thirteenth or you broke a mirror. The nebulites wont be in boxes anymore. Re rolling/ rank ups would cost mesos like how zero can reconfigure potential. Using alien coins in nlc will improve chances of ranking up and spending a lot could actually force the nebulite to tier up like the 100% tier up items in root abyss. Reconfiguring or ranking up will cost more coins or mesos as the letter grade increases.

You wont see the nebulite's effect until it is applied to the item like magnificent souls. Sockets are removed like so the system is like soul weapons without enchantors. Dragging and dropping a nebulite over an item will overwrite the existing one is a lower grade with a higher grade random stat. Like potentials, the stats cannot be removed
    Please, can you just stop. Nexon has outright said they're not implementing flames or AO into GMS, and now you want to make Nebulites just like flames.

Magnificent souls being random are a bad idea and simply make the game more P2W. You don't realistically think the first Damien (and to come, Lucid) souls will be sold for meso, do you? Making a player have to purchase multiple copies of an item for stats (because RNG) that would be sold for many multiples of max meso if it was sold for meso simply benefits the black market and makes the average player who doesn't have the IRL cash or ~100b+ in mesos on hand weaker. The average player will get something like +3% MATT on a Mag soul roll if they're a weapon attack class because of how many garbage lines there are, while the super rich can simply buy dozens of them until they get what they want. Then the item with the good Mag soul is now worth that much more than an item with a bad Mag soul because of how much it cost to get that line. Congrats, items are now worth needlessly more than they have to be because you have to depend on items that cost significantly more than max meso each having yet another 1/12 chance of rolling the right line.

The same is true for flames. Yes, poor players might be able to get lucky and roll something like +100 main stat on a glove. But rolling something near perfect like this guy here (80 ATT, 12% boss, 5% all stat) is only going to be reserved for the super rich.

Nebulites make it so you know what you're getting beforehand, and that actually is a good thing instead of relying on people who can afford more Premium Fusion Tickets to fuse or enough A nebs hanging around. Instead of getting rid of a system that actually benefits the user (knowing what you're getting beforehand; one of the few places where you can get guaranteed upgrades for a fixed cost), there are many other suggestions people have made here that increase the availability of Nebulites and improve this system without going back to KMS style RNG, where they even have special NX sets that are hid behind collecting stamps from RNG boxes.

It was a good thing when they did away with the Mystery Mastery Book system and simply allowed people to choose what skill they wanted to level up for a minimal amount of meso. Boy, I sure loved back when rich people could afford to buy 5-10 MW20 or MW30 books and have it pass while poor people could maybe afford a single one and have it fail. RNG is bad.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

lets actually fix nebs, not making nebs a Psudo- Flames
    Its2Sharp4UIvangold
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    Did anyone read the thing about re rolling with mesos. You are not buying multiple copies like souls. I only said they are like magnificent souls is because they are drag and drop and the results are random. How is re rolling without nx and using mesos like star force a bad thing?

You only need 1 nebulite per equipment and mesos to re roll for this system. This is not cubing. The idea of seeing the nebulite results in the market is like seeing a lottery ticket that has been scratched being sold.

Before star force was implemented, 12 stars would cost over 100k nx. Star force allows players to reach 12 stars within 100m mesos or less. Adapting the idea of using mesos to re roll like how zero reconfigures their weapons was a nifty system.

I am not in favor of spending nx. If you don't have patience to re roll for good stats, don't play.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

Did anyone read the thing about re rolling with mesos. You are not buying multiple copies like souls. I only said they are like magnificent souls is because they are drag and drop and the results are random. How is re rolling without nx and using mesos like star force a bad thing?

You only need 1 nebulite per equipment and mesos to re roll for this system. This is not cubing. The idea of seeing the nebulite results in the market is like seeing a lottery ticket that has been scratched being sold.

Before star force was implemented, 12 stars would cost over 100k nx. Star force allows players to reach 12 stars within 100m mesos or less. Adapting the idea of using mesos to re roll like how zero reconfigures their weapons was a nifty system.

I am not in favor of spending nx. If you don't have patience to re roll for good stats, don't play.
    you miss the fact that lots of people like the uniqueness of knowing what your getting with a neb, instead of trying to remove that uniqueness for a psudo-flame system, find ways to improve it without turning it into another RNG stat rolling system where you don't know what it is until equipped/ revealed..etc. Knowing what you're going to be adding to your gear is one of the positives of the neb system, not a negative.

while I like the Idea of being able to reroll your neb with only meso, you can bet Nexon will just update their alien cube and release it and dont see them letting it become that free, but I would like to see fusion tickets gone from the system and have a meso charge for fusion instead
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Daxterbeer

you miss the fact that lots of people like the uniqueness of knowing what your getting with a neb, instead of trying to remove that uniqueness for a psudo-flame system, find ways to improve it without turning it into another RNG stat rolling system where you don't know what it is until equipped/ revealed..etc. Knowing what you're going to be adding to your gear is one of the positives of the neb system, not a negative.
    The idea of wrapping them is to try to eliminate the worthless/unaffordable values of nebulites and to make nebulites more compact.

cataloo, since you are a zero im assuming, do you like your advantage of cubing to unique without nx or dropped cubes? My ideas came from your class and starforce which are beneficial since they don't use nx

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

Catooolooo

Daxterbeer

The idea of wrapping them is to try to eliminate the worthless/unaffordable values of nebulites and to make nebulites more compact.

cataloo, since you are a zero im assuming, do you like your advantage of cubing to unique without nx or dropped cubes? My ideas came from your class and starforce which are beneficial since they don't use nx

but it doesn't eliminate them, they just become more random values that you will have to reroll. them being compact or not isnt even the issue, the Issue is the availability of them

yes I like the advantage of being able to cube my weapon/sub weapon up to unique without having to spend money, but beyond the wepon it's either crafted cubes or NX, if i want to get to legendary and then reset my stats I have to use NX or crafted. It's a clever system that has the appearance of being completely free but not quite, which is why I don't believe that nexon would let nebs be completely free to reroll, there would be some limitation and they would have an NX alternative (alien cube) that goes around it.

some real ways to fix the neb system would be to remove fusion tickets from the system, remove tier down from fusion, boosting drop rate of boxes and giving them as rewards for quests, events..etc like KMS does with flames, maybe even have special boxes that only hold B or A rank nebs and put them in bosses and attendance checks like KMS does for flames.
    heck, maybe even make them craftable.

the only reason why the neb system sucks right now is because of the low availability and the forced NX if you want to fuse nebs.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Well, in a way getting stats that you already know may be quite OP, maybe they could add a fusion ticket that don't drop the tier of the nebs you are fusing, and make a possibility to have more in game(like drop more or maybe drop boxes from bosses).

The old neb cube was quite OP in my opinion, unless they add neb S rank and make nebs harder to tier to S than to B(which was basically like 100%chance to tier up), if these cubes were obtneable by the game too instead just nx wouldn't be so bad.

I think nebs wouldn't get the D rank removed, nexon like RNG to gamble more.... also why would they make them RNG bases?This would make em worse.
    We should be able to fuse nebs up to rank B for free and have fuse tickets on reward shop for nebs A and S.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    great suggestions! But, do remind me-- and also @Blackbean to tag me--- one time that nexon actually listened to player base and not just copy a patch from KMS another time. Like for the optimization patch -- im rlly happy for the optimizes we got -- but that shoulda occurred way b4. Like the chat delays been 1 year. and we basically just copy kms. So, I suggest people actually post suggestions on a KMS thread in order for it the trickle down to GMS in the future. Since, our suggestions are obviously going no where.