[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Keep the Visitor Mini-Dungeon but adjust the drops

xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
Reactions: 2,440
edited September 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Honestly, I actually like spending time at the Mini-Dungeon between things to do and trying to get the Alien gear set. While the set is a bit awkward to obtain, the problem mainly is drop rates and getting the Rare Visitor leader.

It would be nice to get the Rare Leader more than half the time, but also have any drops categorized to a specific class, especially to get the rare Alien Helmet more easily.

It's not a bad Mini-Dungeon, it just needs some attention, but it would be nice to still have it in future, especially for the gear set for those struggling to get CRA, AbsoLab, and other 150+ sets completed.

Comments

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2022
    I wish they would have made the spawnrate in that quest better instead of removing it. I feel like much more people would do it if it didn't take forever to complete each stage, not because it's hard, or enemies are tanky. But because so little enemies spawn at a time, and they take forever to respawn.
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited September 2022
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    I wish they would have made the spawnrate in that quest better instead of removing it. I feel like much more people would do it if it didn't take forever to complete each stage, not because it's hard, or enemies are tanky. But because so little enemies spawn at a time, and they take forever to respawn.

After some digging, I even found out some interesting things about the Alien Fragment set, and why this PQ should stay around.

This PQ is one of VERY few places Demon Avengers can get a good HP %+ set very easily. Yes the PQ is Level 200+ but the Level 180 set (at four pieces being the Ring, Belt, Earrings, and Pendant) gives a solid 10% HP boost to stats. For Demon Avengers, who primary stat is HP (not Str, Dex, Int, or Luk like other classes) this is the absolute EASIEST set to get to pair with a Chaos Horntail Pendant until it can be replaced with a Dominator Pendant from Arkarium.

The cloest set that offers comparable stats or better is Reinforced Gollux, which, thanks to the update made to Gollux, is now even more difficult to obtain due to the lack of safety zones and the lure breath attack going to edge of screen, rather than partially where a DA could attack in safety just outside the breath range. So basically, getting a Gollux set that barely replaces this, is more effort.

I really wish they would keep this PQ, because basically, they're taking away a set from Demon Avangers that is not only much easier to get, but the next best set is much harder now to obtain. DA's have it bad enough.