[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What Lv do your character got to be to make 100m?

EtherFlowerEtherFlower
Reactions: 1,215
edited May 2023 in General Chat
What level do your character got to be to make 100 million mesos?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    What do you mean? Reboot gets several boxes during the first character's growth that contain meso. I don't recall what level those are at however.
    Do you mean from bossing? From grind? What exactly are you asking?
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited May 2023
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    What do you mean? Reboot gets several boxes during the first character's growth that contain meso. I don't recall what level those are at however.
    Do you mean from bossing? From grind? What exactly are you asking?

From grinding.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    It's going to depend on server, but you can probably make 100m/hr on reboot once you hit 5th job.
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited May 2023
    It's going to depend on server, but you can probably make 100m/hr on reboot once you hit 5th job.

Someone in MapleStory says, “you could make 600mil mesos an hour.”

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023

That's much later on with optimal farming.
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited May 2023

That's much later on with optimal farming.

What do you mean by “optimal farming”?

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    Farming with all available meso increases, having at least 66% drop rate, being on a good map on a good class and making sure your rotation is good and you don't get sloppy.
    IE: Not being lazy about it and trying to maximize the amount of meso you earn, not just grinding.
    I can earn around 350-400m with sub-optimal grinding since I don't one shot in Arcus. I could earn a lot more if I could one shot and were using Vac pets, for example.

• GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    Someone gave me a boss run chart awhile back on Discord... It shows how much mesos drop per run with each boss.

Basically to make 100 Mill fast, you need to defeat Normal Damien or Normal Lotus to get 160 Million Mesos according to the chart.

Hard and Chaos usually give the most mesos. You need a strong character to solo these type of bosses.

Grinding wise is any map your character can control in 1 or two hits

Another good way to get mesos would be to save up Legion Coins and spend them all on the Large Meso Sack for 1 Million Mesos (per gain) and buy 20 of them to get 20 Million Mesos (The most you can get per week) and in about half-a-months time, you can get what you are looking for and then some.

Mesos takes ton of time to earn, which is why Bossing is the fastest way to do so.

170+ is optimal for bossing.

If you are not in Reboot, you can sell via Market Place or Meso Market

Many good options here. Hope this helps. =D

EtherFlower
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    Glirotus wrote: »
    Another good way to get mesos would be to save up Legion Coins and spend them all on the Large Meso Sack for 1 Million Mesos (per gain) and buy 20 of them to get 20 Million Mesos (The most you can get per week) and in about half-a-months time, you can get what you are looking for and then some.

While I agree that bossing is the optimal way to earn meso, buying the legion meso bags is a massive waste and you should never do this.
    The amount you earn can never compare to buying the EXP/Drop/Meso coupons, flames, potential scrolls or even the attack buffs.
    They simply are not worth it and are a huge trap. Do not buy these.
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited May 2023
    Farming with all available meso increases, having at least 66% drop rate, being on a good map on a good class and making sure your rotation is good and you don't get sloppy.
    IE: Not being lazy about it and trying to maximize the amount of meso you earn, not just grinding.
    I can earn around 350-400m with sub-optimal grinding since I don't one shot in Arcus. I could earn a lot more if I could one shot and were using Vac pets, for example.

How do you increase the drop rate?

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    You can use familiars, legion drop coupons (These are only worth 50%), Decent Holy Symbol, lines on accessories (Not including belt) or some combination.
    It is possible although somewhat rare to roll Meso +20% alongside Drop +20% on an item's potential.
    Note that Meso only stacks up to +100% on equipment (Legendary potential) and Drop rate only to 200%.
    You can bypass these limits by using things like familiars and coupons but the potential lines only go up to that.
    So most likely you'll want to use 5 lines of meso +20%, Decent Holy Symbol and a familiar with "Increases drop" which will be worth 50%.
    This should put you over the 66% required to make sure that meso bags have a 100% drop rate. You'll need to level DHS a few times I believe.

You can also use legion wealth coupons to get more meso rate and for optimal farming you want to use a Wealth Potion (Also commonly called a WAP) since that is a 20% multiplicative increase.
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited June 2023
    You can use familiars, legion drop coupons (These are only worth 50%), Decent Holy Symbol, lines on accessories (Not including belt) or some combination.
    It is possible although somewhat rare to roll Meso +20% alongside Drop +20% on an item's potential.
    Note that Meso only stacks up to +100% on equipment (Legendary potential) and Drop rate only to 200%.
    You can bypass these limits by using things like familiars and coupons but the potential lines only go up to that.
    So most likely you'll want to use 5 lines of meso +20%, Decent Holy Symbol and a familiar with "Increases drop" which will be worth 50%.
    This should put you over the 66% required to make sure that meso bags have a 100% drop rate. You'll need to level DHS a few times I believe.

You can also use legion wealth coupons to get more meso rate and for optimal farming you want to use a Wealth Potion (Also commonly called a WAP) since that is a 20% multiplicative increase.

How do you get legendary potential equipments?

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    Potential Scrolls (and sometimes when the equipment is dropped) will give the item potential.
    Stamps will add the third line if your equipment doesn't already have it.
    I don't play Reg so I can't provide much information on it but they also have bonus potential which is a weaker system that gives 3 extra lines.

The various cubes in the game re-roll potential with a chance of upgrading it based on their tier.
    Note: The old names are in parenthesis as some players will still call these cubes by this name.
    The free cubes Solid (Master) and Hard (Meister) and the cash shop cubes Glowing (Red) Bright (Black).
    Solid cubes can rank up to Unique tier very rarely, Hard cubes have a better rank up rate than Solid and can go up to Legendary.
    These cubes are found via bossing and are basically just a few extra attempts at rerolls per week.
    Glowing and Bright cubes are cash shop, so if you're on reboot they'll cost you meso and on reg it's NX.
    Bright cubes have the highest chance to rank up potential, so you'll use these to rank up your gear.
    Once you are legendary you can either use Hard Cubes or Glowing Cubes to find a good potential you want.

Also, very rarely Nexon will give out Unique or Legendary Potential scrolls.
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited June 2023
    Note: The old names are in parenthesis as some players will still call these cubes by this name.
    The free cubes Solid (Master) and Hard (Meister) and the cash shop cubes Glowing (Red) Bright (Black).
    Solid cubes can rank up to Unique tier very rarely, Hard cubes have a better rank up rate than Solid and can go up to Legendary.

Just want to correct this. Solid cubes can tier up to legendary. they were previously called meister cubes. Hard cubes can tier up to Unique and were previously called Master Craftsman Cubes
    Fuhreak
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited June 2023
    Potential Scrolls (and sometimes when the equipment is dropped) will give the item potential.
    Stamps will add the third line if your equipment doesn't already have it.
    I don't play Reg so I can't provide much information on it but they also have bonus potential which is a weaker system that gives 3 extra lines.

The various cubes in the game re-roll potential with a chance of upgrading it based on their tier.
    These cubes are found via bossing and are basically just a few extra attempts at rerolls per week.
    Glowing and Bright cubes are cash shop, so if you're on reboot they'll cost you meso and on reg it's NX.
    Bright cubes have the highest chance to rank up potential, so you'll use these to rank up your gear.
    Once you are legendary you can either use Hard Cubes or Glowing Cubes to find a good potential you want.

Also, very rarely Nexon will give out Unique or Legendary Potential scrolls.

Ty.
  • SilvenSilven
    Reactions: 360
    Depending upon your class, (It varies a lot based on the classes utility) at around level 205 is when you can realistically grind out 100 mil an hour+. Reverse City has a few excellent maps for grinding mesos with most classes, and is probably the very earliest that you'll want to focus meso grinding instead of exp grinding. Earlier than this, you dont stay in a map long enough or keep the same gear long enough to really maximize meso grinding.

Starting with the earlier advice, you'll want 5 lines of 20% meso drop and 3 to 4 lines of 20% item drop on your accessories, and this point of your characters progression is where id say you should begin building it. Depending on your luck it can take 1 billion mesos to cube one of your items to legendary and roll just one of the required 8 or 9 item lines. Itll take some grinding or funneling of boss mesos into your character and you wont see much damage gains from it so it might seem wasteful, but once you have your lines and your grinding earns 2x to 3x mesos, your leveling and progression on your character will be a lot smoother.
    FuhreakEtherFlower