[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[MAP/NPC] Event Hall Lag

Comments

• AfriscotAfriscot
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Bug type: Severe lag/freezing

Character name: Khrimzhin

Character level: 123

Character job: Fire/Poison Wizard

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: October 25th, probably around 3:00 AM, EST

Upon entering the Event Map my character was able to take a few steps to the left of the portal before she was quickly hit by a severe case of map lag/freezing.
    The problem was so severe that she couldn't turn around to head back to the portal and leave and the game had become unresponsive, so I gave up and forcibly restarted the game.
    Upon restarting, the severe lag was still there, but at least she was standing in the portal. I mashed the "Up Arrow Key" until she was able to escape and reappear back in El Nath town, where she had originally started.
    I don't want to experience this again, so I'll be avoiding the Event Map for now on.
  • BOOTY2STRONKBOOTY2STRONK
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2016
    Bug Type: Gameplay

Bug Description: The Strange Stories patch introduced a crippling level of lag to the Event Hall for many players, reducing frame rates to below ten which is INSANE. Mr. Lee was in the Event Hall long before this lag was introduced, and during the most recent scheduled maintenance he was removed in an attempt to fix horrible performance. However, this has changed nothing, and Event Hall is still dropping me to 1-3 frames per second. He needs to be readded and further investigation needs to be done to fix this awful event hall lag.

Character name: BOOTY2STRONK
    Character level: 223
    Character job: Cannon Master
    Server name: Chaos
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    And for a contrary view, I noticed a distinct decrease in framerate drops in the event hall following maintenance today.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

And for a contrary view, I noticed a distinct decrease in framerate drops in the event hall following maintenance today.
    And a distinct increase in framerate drops everywhere else for a lot of people.
    pommepouffeBOOTY2STRONK
  • DFHDFH
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2016
    Event hall lag is just the "town lag" we had some time ago, before they came up with the event map and move the NPCs there.

Problem was the combination of 2 of Maple Admin, Cassandra And Gaga, all 3 lagged even more, this could be easily proven going to different towns, for example, henesys had a lot of lag in the center of the map, walking to the end of the map one NPC got unloaded (dissapeared from the minimap) and lag went away, on Leafre it was the same thing, on Aqua Road there were only cassandra and Gaga so the lag were a lot less in there.

the workaround was, as we (the community) told them, move those NPCs, but Each to their own map, make it accesible from the Event Hall... i'm sure lag would be minimum this way...

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/9447/#Comment_9447
    Koffie
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    For anyone experiencing this lag, try entering from a relatively recently created character. I noticed significant lag while in Event Hall on my main character (2006), but on my link character I made last year Event Hall ran fine.
  • DFHDFH
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, so the workaround is to forget about your char and play anew, huh?

Lag is caused, as far as i remember, by Admin, Cassandra and Gaga (Mostly the Admin). it's probably because of the bad scripting and insane amount of checks done to you character (quests completed/in progess, items in your possesion and probably some other actions), when they were in towns we had exactly the same problem, after a lot of "Our game is perfect, your computer must be the problem", they created the event hall and moved them there, but the problem is still the same...

the fix would be obviously to optimize their behaviour, but a workaround could be placing portals inside the event hall and move each of those 3 to their own tiny map, it would still be laggy but nowhere near what we have now.
    Koffie
  • ContrastContrast
    Reactions: 1,615
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Hope next maint just moves the NPC out of event hall and not try to "patch event hall again"
    ArwenCoraline
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    They really need to fix this especially when there's a npc for a current event that's only found in the event hall
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Same here. I've tried with multiple characters in multiple worlds. Same atrocious lag. Unable to do a thing in the event hall :(
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    the events are not waiting for nexon hopefully they fix it before the events end well unless they plan to implement a time extension of them i hope
  • こころこころ
    Reactions: 635
    edited November 2016
    Please look into this in the upcoming patch Nexon. It's unfair towards players who can't access event hall, especially because they are missing out on the jewel crafting event. Some of my friends completely crash, others are like me and suffer from severe frame drops.
  • ChillPhilChillPhil
    Reactions: 710
    edited November 2016
    I don't have anything else to add really, just commenting so hopefully one more person commenting saying that this is affecting them will make some difference somehow.
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited November 2016
    Yes I am also experiencing severe lag in the event hall. please fix.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    Re-Re-Re-Re-fix* please. Was waiting for this event since last one years ago
  • DFHDFH
    edited November 2016
    Problem is the Admin, Cassandra and Gaga...

i suggested a workaround to decrease the lag on this thread http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/10797/#Comment_10797

how long 'til nexon tries it? probably years considering how long they took to recognize the 'town lag' and moved those 3 out of towns...
    Koffie
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    B> town "lag". T>for no event hall absurd 0 frames and 90%crash "lag"
  • DFHDFH
    edited November 2016
    Kylehell007

B> town "lag". T>for no event hall absurd 0 frames and 90%crash "lag"
    You don't know what you say... that '0 frames' you talk about would be on almost every town, not only in the event hall...
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited November 2016
    Still an issue after this patch.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited November 2016
    The migration thing basically screwed over most NA players and we didn't get this fixed......... cmon we missed a day of the event