[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please change the server time back to PST.

Comments

• Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    Should I change clocks in my house to EU time and start studying European languages too? I've always wanted to know French. seems as if this migration is more of a favorite towards the extremely less populated EMS server, its not like we merged players with them so I don't fully understand. I wasn't a fan of PST time but even EST would accommodate all countries I think.
    BIackbean
  • SlypheranSlypheran
    Reactions: 750
    edited November 2016
    RogueBlood

Oh dear, here we go...
    If it had come to that, we EMSers would likely have been told to deal with it as it is. With that said, I feel that it's unfair for GMS to complain to this degree.
    That's because it's EMS migrating to GMS, not the other way around. Had it been the other way around, we would have been expected to adjust to the EMS server time. Maybe it's b/c you're from EMS, or you're the one migrating, but if you look at it from the other side's perspective, the amount of complaints seen is completely justified.
    LilyflowerzChrisNeverOp
  • JenAskarJenAskar
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    I'd like to refer you to this, for all of those complaining that UTC is a EU timezone.

Universal Time (UT) was created at the Washington Meridian Conference (held in Washington D.C) in 1884. This is the basis for the 24-hour time zone system we know today. At the time, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) was chosen as the world’s time standard.

also this.

UTC is used in many internet and World Wide Web standards. The Network Time Protocol, designed to synchronise the clocks of computers over the internet, encodes times using the UTC system. Computer servers, online services and other entities that rely on having a universally accepted time use UTC as it is more specific than GMT

so perhaps, for now, it was easier to switch to UTC and adjust events acordingly. It's difficult to say the reasoning of it all, though.

again - I do not agree that this was the correct choice. but can you stop blaming EU players for the adjustment? we didn't ask for this and a lot of us agree with all of you. I know I do.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    FInd the best time to compromise all the players. Let's be realistic. The time zones people play from range greatest EMS (As a whole) > PST> EST.
    Lilyflower
  • CashmereCatCashmereCat
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2016
    4pm is perfect. Think about people who don't come home till 5am pst, this way I can come home late and still be able to sleep and finish quests before reset
  • NiceAsIceNiceAsIce
    Reactions: 1,150
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    EST would be great
  • BunizBuniz
    Reactions: 480
    edited November 2016
    OF course make NA change, this is ridiculous I didn't even know wth was going on until today, great job nexon!!!
    once again, just when I think, I have it in my head, just how much you can mess up maple story, you go and exceed my all ready disgustingly low expectations..
    hear this.. PST is GMS ...
    so once again, get your heads out of your butts and fix this.. no poll is needed why would you even entertain such changes without any input from your LOYAL players ? SMH so disgusted with nexon.. it's bad enough the game will run 1/4th of the time without dcing and lagging so bad one can hardly play, then you have to deal with HUGE memory leaks CONSTANTLY and yes THAT IS STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!! now you do this...
    can you at least tell us what's going on ? times, quest etc.. stop with no information or scant notes after a patch etc.. that's just to cover your butts when something breaks, all you can say now is "oh we never said x y or z" THAT is why you give no in depth notes anymore . YOU FOOL NO ONE... FIX THE GAME PLEASE
  • ICEMAGEICEMAGE
    Reactions: 615
    edited November 2016
    We should just go back to the PST. It was how the game has been forever and just out of the blue changing it has got to be one of the dumbest things this company as done. And that is saying something considering the long list of stupid things they have done over the years. I don't see the need for a dang poll. Just fix the game.