[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Welcome to the new forums!

Comments

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I also dislike this entire badge system. Makes me feel like a kindergartener getting stickers for the most trivial of "achievements."
    Must... get... the... achievements!
    cakemanhamhamcake
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Oh, one more thing: we need a "what's new" button.

The old forums didn't have it, but at least we could do "advanced search -> threads updated since your last visit".
    Here, I can't see everything new at once. Gotta follow all the little "unread"/"new" tags individually. That's assuming they even work. Right now the main page keeps telling me there is UNREAD stuff in every section, even the empty ones.
    Lilyflower
  • AstarothAstaroth
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2016
    Always wanted to see new forums, nice nice :D
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2016
    Nooo, my glorious post count/join date/avatar/title. They shall be missed.

I won't lie, it's hard for me to like changes, but I guess I'll get used to it. Though I rather will miss my post count/join date, it helps show whether someone's advice is sound, or just to see if they're a vet or not. Though some of the changes are very welcome, like the PM system, being able to like and things like that. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Also, can you guys make the home button for the forums more visible? It seems a little weird to have a really used button be so small :/
  • impossibruimpossibru
    Reactions: 770
    edited September 2016
    i like it !
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2016
    I promise I'm not just trying to up post count, this is a serious suggestion XD

Could we see the like count/insightful count on our posts?
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, but let's direct forum feedback to this thread from now on - http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/77/forum-suggestions-and-feedback#latest
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Feels like I'm late to the party. Time to play around with the features. xD
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited September 2016
    Yo. Unsure where to post this but friend is havin' issues choosing a new name, instead of it telling them it's taken it says "You can not update forum name at this time." but when they create a new account it says the name is taken. Any idea whats up with that?

Edit: also when you click "like" on your profile (or mine at least), everything is all black like this:
    Pride
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I'm liking the new forums so far. I'm also glad I was able to change my forum name because I didn't like my old one.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited September 2016
    I haven't logged in for a few months and lost my forum name. Luckily it's a cursed name and no one like to re-use it except me. I have to re-register and switch to use my email to login instead of my login name. what a hassle!
    OH, BTW Nice new forum <3 <3 <3
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited September 2016
    Late, but hello, new Forums! :D
    Taehyung
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

I haven't logged in for a few months and lost my forum name. Luckily it's a cursed name and no one like to re-use it except me. I have to re-register and switch to use my email to login instead of my login name. what a hassle!
    OH, BTW Nice new forum <3 <3 <3 </p>
    seriously sounds like a hassle, yeesh. I don't worry too much about my name getting stolen... like honestly who would steal it other than someone attempting to slander my name.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    New forums are looking good! One thing that has always bothered me about Nexon forums though is the ability to not to stay logged in . Logging in every time is tedious for me.

Search could use improving, I searched for my name chaoscauser and nothing even came up except for this post as I wrote chaoscauser in it.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Sheeeeeeeesh, finally I'm logged in. Changing my password seems to have gotten rid of the error. Shoulda just googled a solution from the start (Nexon's other forums have had similar problems in the past, it seems :/ pretty discouraging to learn but eh)
  • Jen0vaCoreJen0vaCore
    Reactions: 405
    edited September 2016
    The new forums look fantastic! Matches much better with the new site layout. :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Private messaging! Keep in mind that you can still be reported or banned for something that is said in a private message.
    Does this mean the mods or admins are actively patrolling private messages and will ban (or otherwise censure) users for saying things in "private" that would be against the CoC in public (e.g., adult discussion, naming cheaters, badmouthing Nexon)?
    Or do you mean that if someone reports being harassed via private messages, then you will step in?
    Lilyflower
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited September 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I'm liking the new forums so far. I'm also glad I was able to change my forum name because I didn't like my old one.
    You could CHANGE !?
    AWWWW Yeah!!!! Finally, time to say goodbye to my hated rank and file numbers
  • KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Forums look nice. Wish we could change our avatar to something unique as it was nice to distinguish between different forum posts. Otherwise, it is an improvement in my book.
  • YoshumariYoshumari
    Reactions: 2,075
    edited September 2016
    Oh nice! Aaaaaand back to a smaller character limit per post. Oh well.

And my title of Dragon Writer is no longer there... BLARG!! It was cool while it lasted though.

All in all, I do like the new design, and the private message thing is pretty cool. What other secrets do these new and shiny forums hold i wonder.

Y.K.