[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Donald Trump Won!

KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
Reactions: 1,375
edited November 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
Anti-Trump's reaction 1 & 2

My reaction 1 & 2

First of all, I am neutral, so whoever would have won, I would have said something 'bout it.

Many of you might be disappoint. However, this was the result of democracy. This proved the system wasn't rigged like a few believed it to be. The underdog itself won, against all odds.

I found the campaign to be... odd. Don't sell the bear's skin before killing it.

This is how the whole campaign felt on Hillary's side. Even some in Canada that supported Hillary were like that too. It also felt like they were more excited for a woman president* rather than have a new president with good ideas.
*:Many said that a woman president would be great. I have no problem with that, however, the way they overly put this specific point (her being a woman and who shall be president. yes, many confirmed it**) in the spotlight might have had negative effects for Hillary. Like I said a few lines above, it felt like they wanted a woman as president more than the ideas from said potential president.

**:One journalist said on October 11th that Trump was losing big time, and that the only thing he could do was maybe try to get a few more votes to not be completely crushed. The Journalist added that IF Trump (which was supposedly 0%), won, he'd excuse himself. Today, said journalist excused himself. I loved that moment. He was a little ashamed (journalists are supposed to be neutral, aren't they? and Russia, oh my!).

I have also found the attitude of some to be less than stellar. True, I am not a prime example of attitude myself, but going on social media to show how vulgar you can be because the one you supported lost (or the one you didn't really like, won), is questionable (looking at you Cher. her Tweets...!)*.
*:Pointing your finger at someone for being vulgar and disrespectful, and then being just as vulgar. That's... isn't that a contradiction? *Phoenix Wright moment*

I heard some compared Trump to Hitler, which is... rather extreme. I doubt he'd give the order to kill anyone. Those saying such a thing, where are their proof of such grave accusations? This is no mere joke. Comparing a (very) rich and non politically-correct man, to hatred, evil, and violence personified, better be explained. Perhaps I have failed to find videos of him spreading hatred, violence and evil, especially on Hitler's level (which is out of any scale known to humans).

As I've said already, Donald Sterling is far more despicable (and I do not remember anyone being on his side). Saying NOT to bring black people watch his basketball team, yet, he still has black people in his basketball team. Where is the logic? You don't want black people going to watch your team, but you have black people in the team you own.
This one is not racist either. Real racism is far too controversial to talk about in here. But let me tell you, it's far worst than even Donald Sterling. This one was just dumb beyond human comprehension.

I am sure that even the world's smartest individual will never understand such reasoning.

Trump feels more like any internet vulgar "troll" that tries to get people mad on purpose more than anything else.

If people complain about Trump being elected, that is quite ironic. For the outcome of this election is the exact meaning of democracy: The voice of the population itself.

Be graceful in defeat, and humble in victory. Obama & Hillary said it some way or another: Let's see what he does. If you support and respect them, heed their words.

I am not ordering anyone anything (who the heck would I be for that?), but think about your attitude.

Also, here's a part of one of Madonna's posts on Instagram.

All Politicians Lie. ALL!! Even our most Beloved and Esteemed. Can we please get off the email scenario. What did the F.B.I. Prove this time? Can we. focus on the Bigger Picture??! If Trump were elected we would be at War in no time at all.

This is... err... weird. This wasn't the time to say something like this. Because this doesn't sound good at all. Not at all.

No matter which side you chose, here's a victory for everyone. I wonder if he's telling the truth. That's one hard pill to swallow for him.
Lilyflower
  1. Your thoughts?16 votes
    1. *Grumbles*
       6% (1 vote)
    2. Guess Trump used his "Trump" card *Ba dum tiss!*
       25% (4 votes)
    3. Donald Won!
       25% (4 votes)
    4. I ain't answerin no poll Jose!
       25% (4 votes)
    5. Are you a boy or a girl? Me: Go away Oak!
       19% (3 votes)

Comments

• DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    Under-aged drama queens who don't even know how their 3 systems of government works, saying Donald Trump will bring World War 3. Classic Mericans.
    JettLuvsUxparasite9Catooolooo
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Like I said earlier, when you see someone start winning, you should probably take them more seriously for the top position. Many people who were backing Hillary Clinton who have said Donald Trumps chances of winning wasn't a thing to worry about was ignorant or oblivious, especially when he got the Republican Nomination. If he was really a clown, I'd say he wouldn't be even remotely close to what he actually achieved.

Hillary Clinton may be a bit more sane in-person but her campaign was weak attacking Donald Trump. Meanwhile Donald Trump was the same, but slowly changed tactics which was the demise of the Democrats possibilities of winning.

There's a lot more to say but that's all to the past now. What has been done is now history.

The real test is to see what a Republican majority under Donald Trump can do within the next 4 years. Can he really make "America Great Again" for the will of the American people? Or will his platform crumble to ashes after he steps into office?

Today may seem slow, but 4 years from now may just seem like this was yesterday. We'll probably see this through.
    Lilyflower
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited November 2016
    The biggest challenge that we will see in this next 4 years is the fact that President-elect Trump has some very anti-establishment promises.
    Promises that run contrary to the very establishment Congress.
    The fight is not over, it has only just begun.
    x0Taz0x
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Man, I'm just glad it's mostly over. I hate both Clinton and Trump anyways.

...also kinda glad a certain person can't be a babbling annoyance anymore. Since... ya know... he isn't using the standard avatar...
    x0Taz0xKylehell007
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    edited November 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

...also kinda glad a certain person can't be a babbling annoyance anymore. Since... ya know... he isn't using the standard avatar...
    justice4arlong
    she was just a gorilla, but she was OUR gorilla
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    edited November 2016
    xparasite9

Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

justice4arlong
    she was just a gorilla, but she was OUR gorilla
    @xparasite9
    Did you just call Arlong, "Harambe"...?

@Xenomata
    I am glad Martin Shkreli might release all his stuff for free. Even if he was saying it as a joke, I bet people will nag him about it! It just proves to always be on your guard and expect the unexpected AND the expected as well. That's why I wasn't surprised.

As for Trump, he seems to have calmed. I wonder if he'll keep the attitude he had during the campaign... Perhaps he'll diminish the intensity of his fire. I wonder how he'll be "All Americans' president" as well. Oh, I cannot wait to see the faces of all other republicans for every single decisions for the 4 next years!

I'll enjoy my popcorn.

Speaking of which, I have heard he was planning to "control" freedom of speech to some extent? I think that might be good IF he targets the insanes that support cases like GG. This crossed so many lines, it left this dimension completely. Even if people love to say freedom of speech is important, there are limits (and MANY will agree on that).
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    Oh boy and here goes the cry babies raging everywhere I'm glad I'm not like them crying over a freakin damn election.
    Kylehell007BIackbean
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    edited November 2016
    KamiNoBeniMizu

Speaking of which, I have heard he was planning to "control" freedom of speech to some extent? I think that might be good IF he targets the insanes that support cases like GG. This crossed so many lines, it left this dimension completely. Even if people love to say freedom of speech is important, there are limits (and MANY will agree on that).
    GamerGate was a revolt against the lying, hideously corrupt Video Games Journalism Industry.
    I sincerely hope there is a similar revolt against CNN, MSNBC, HuffPo, Buzzfeed, and all the other media who lied to us constantly over the past 18 months.
    Kylehell007
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    social media is nothing but a lie and people are still watching it.
    Kylehell007BIackbean
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited November 2016
    KamiNoBeniMizu

"Controlling Freedom-of-Speech", is no longer Freedom-of-Speech. From previous actions of Donald Trump he will most likely attempt to abuse his power to silence the people he doesn't like if he doesn't get restrained by certain things while he is in office.

I would say that the end of the day what matters is whether there's an agreement or disagreement towards the statement. Then again, that's just my own opinion.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    edited November 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

"Controlling Freedom-of-Speech", is no longer Freedom-of-Speech. From previous actions of Donald Trump he will most likely attempt to abuse his power to silence the people he doesn't like if he doesn't get restrained by certain things while he is in office.

I would say that the end of the day what matters is whether there's an agreement or disagreement towards the statement. Then again, that's just my own opinion.
    The only thing that he is going to do to "control free speech" is open up the libel laws. Why shouldn't someone be punished for publishing libelous defamatory statements that can damage someone's livelihood?
  • AgeofHockAAgeofHockA
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2016
    Politics destroy the Humanity, nobody needs political system, its just a slavery to keep everyone working for them and die for them because they cant handle with this "power". Trump want to get the old torture back, and continue to grow the oil Indusrty that destroying our planet, kicking out every syrian refugee that come from a war, building a wall to keep out mexicans is that a solution to make "America great again" i didnt know any plans of the politic but lets hope that some plans would not taking action... I live in germany and iam not interested to vote for anyone, our system is just corrupted.
    Humans were killing each other since stone age but now we delete the humanity with Weapons that destroy the half of the planet, did we not learning anything ?
    It´s my opinion and i do not talk for everyone dont understand me wrong.
    Lilyflower
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited November 2016
    I just hope that whatever he is going to do will involve some brain.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KamiNoBeniMizu

@xparasite9
    Did you just call Arlong, "Harambe"...?
    O_o

(Lol cause I copy-pasted that responce, I got the "Calling you out" badge on accident.)
    KamiNoBeniMizu

As for Trump, he seems to have calmed. I wonder if he'll keep the attitude he had during the campaign... Perhaps he'll diminish the intensity of his fire. I wonder how he'll be "All Americans' president" as well. Oh, I cannot wait to see the faces of all other republicans for every single decisions for the 4 next years!.
    I hope he mellows out, the last thing I need is to ask my family to never watch the news again because I get sick of seeing Trump all over it (and also more rain cause it's always raining in Oregon).
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    Politics need to stay away from 2D games originally invented for the 12-year old population.
    Lilyflower
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    edited November 2016
    Many of you have legit concerns. But truth be told, that part about freedom of speech, we're not completely free to begin with (which is nice as long as it remains neutral and not completely oppressive like in some countries out there...). Saying to someone to go jump off a bridge is already not legal. But people barely get punished for saying such things. If they were to be punished greatly, you'd see that type of comment diminish in no time. And normal people shouldn't complain about it because it doesn't concern them. Only those who say/write these atrocious things.

@xparasite9
    I was mostly speaking about the bad mouths with nasty threats (I read about that on Wikipedia though). I understand people can be disgusted at the fact some can gain positions, or get positive exposure because they are an acquiantance of someone that can do so (which is not fair, obviously). However, saying really nasty things doesn't help their cause. In fact, it can grow out of control and gain negative attention easily. Which is what happened. Sure, there were trolls, but there were stupid (to say the least...) gamers as well.

@AgeofHockA
    From what I've heard, he wanted to kick criminal illegal immigrants, not the refugees. As for the refugees (mostly from Syria and neighboring countries), he wants to control the way they enter. Why? In some countries, a few rotten fools decided to abuse of the generosity of the countries that accepted them and tried to bomb it (or other ways to harm). If I am correct, they were arrested in most cases.

Those that unfortunately succeeded were the ones that were there a long time already and that converted themselves out of the blue (which is ridiculously hard to predict and track).

This is what I once said: You accept them, and face the risk of having bad seeds in the lot (and then I am sure some that were willing to accept them will do a 360 and become less enthuasiatic about receiving them), or you pass for a " racist swine" if you want to be careful and trim down the bad ones as best as possible.

I don't remember him saying that he didn't want any refugees, just that he wants to control immigration to reduce risks of bad ones getting in.

Like I said a few lines above, at least the new ones that were planning things were arrested. But it was a close call in many cases.

"* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back"
    There are some that, despite being illegal, are not criminals. So let's think about it. Either it was the journalist that worded it like this, or Donald Trump said it like this. If it was indeed Trump, there are chances he'll leave the normal ones alone. Take note that the text didn't say Mexican, or any other origin. So by saying criminal illegal immigrants, it could be white people too.

'* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting."
    Saying he's racist when he said terror-prone regions, is not fair. Not all regions of the world are terror-prone. So even if the U.S. government will become strict on vetting, it doesn't mean they will block everyone.
    Source:http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

As for gas, oil, and other things. Well, he's on the "right" (instead of "left") side of politics, no? I don't think I've ever heard someone from this side say they worry about climate change.

We'll see how he'll handle these.

So far, people of multiple opinions stated theirs, respectfully. I am glad this hasn't turned out into a mess like we see too often, especially on the net.

@Kylehell007
    But the mods said we could if we didn't cross the line... And so far it seems to be the case!
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016

well if anyone actually did some research about them and their actions are going to be happy

well am glad that hillary lost this time mostly because of the rather aggresive actions towards rusia

about trump i think that hes a good business man, yet i wonder if he can do well being president hopefully he doesnt end up bankrupt again

about the free spech stuff well he can abuse it for sure time will tell

about the inmigration id love too see the deal he is going to make with mexico lol
    he said that they are going to pay for the wall, yet their currency its 20 peso equals 1 dollar
    the wall cost acording to washington post around $25billons soo.... that 20 times... wont leave mexico bankrupt? lol
    or what if hes planning to take some land from them instead of just money
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    edited November 2016
    Yakudle
    Yakudle said:

about the inmigration id love too see the deal he is going to make with mexico lol
    he said that they are going to pay for the wall, yet their currency its 20 peso equals 1 dollar
    the wall cost acording to washington post around $25billons soo.... that 20 times... wont leave mexico bankrupt? lol
    or what if hes planning to take some land from them instead of just money
    Look at our trade deficit with mexico. look how much money is sent to mexico via remittance payments from illegal aliens working in here.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    xparasite9
    Look at our trade deficit with mexico. look how much money is sent to mexico via remittance payments from illegal aliens working in here

well is true that America trade imbalance with mexico is quite high right now in terms of dollars lol
    yet these figures are lower than average u.s.a~mexico trade imbalances for most of the past decade the all-time high was 74.95 billion in 2007, and the trade deficit topped $60 billion for six of the seven years between 2006 and 2012
    but the top number is not really the best way to determine the severity of the u.s.a~mexico trade imbalance you want to look at how large the deficit is in comparison to the amount of exports to mexico
    the imbalance is a failure of current leadership actually it goes back over at least three decades and multiple presidents of both parties
    i wonder if trump really can do better... but you must remember that trump was forced to file for bankruptcy 4 times soo
    lets hope he doesnt screw up big time ...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited November 2016
    xparasite9

Its2Sharp4U

The only thing that he is going to do to "control free speech" is open up the libel laws. Why shouldn't someone be punished for publishing libelous defamatory statements that can damage someone's livelihood?
    Aren't libel laws suppose to protect against individuals of false claims, statements, or allegations? If so then I'll agree on that. But with the way Donald Trump has been throughout from my point of view is with multiple contradictions in his own statements. He'll most likely try to bend the rules into his favor first rather than American citizens as top priority.

Then again, he's only in line-up as President-elect right now. We have no idea what will happen in 2017. All we can do is wait and see. Everything up to this point hasn't been set in stone yet and are mostly words and not actions.