[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Class with good dmng and high survivality?

AbissycAbissyc
Reactions: 510
edited November 2016 in General Chat
(First of all sorry my bad english)

I played since Beta in Europe MS and now i want to start from 0 in GMS after merge.
What class u recommend me? i want specially good dmng with high survivality... i was Mercedes 2XX and was good dmng but really bad survivality
I dont worrie abut warrior,mage,thief... class.

What about page? have good dmng? and NL?...

I DONT LIKE:Zero,AB,Demond AV/SL,Wild Hunter,Kanna
Lorangobro
  1. Class with good dmng and high survivality17 votes
    1. Paladin
       12% (2 votes)
    2. Dark Knight
       35% (6 votes)
    3. Battle Mage
       6% (1 vote)
    4. Night Lord
       6% (1 vote)
    5. Shade
       6% (1 vote)
    6. Mihile
       6% (1 vote)
    7. I/L
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Xenon
       12% (2 votes)
    9. Dual Blade
       18% (3 votes)
    10. Bowmaster
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Shade has pretty good survivability(that's the word you wanted, just so you know), though his damage output relies a bit heavier on potential than most other classes. He has no active buff skills outside of two hypers and Maple Warrior. Another plus to that is almost zero downtime between lives on a boss run.

So if you don't mind dropping a bit of money on the class, I would definitely recommend Shade.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Shade or Dark Knight are your best bets. The rest either have poor survivability or not good enough damage, when they have the survivability (paladin/mihile)
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    F/P are pretty powerful, I main one and I love it
  • AbissycAbissyc
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    What u think about DualBlade guys?
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Abissyc
    Abissyc said:

What u think about DualBlade guys?
    I like them, their survivability is quite good as well for a dps class.

• WhutWhut
    Reactions: 745
    edited November 2016
    You should maybe try Aran, I'm not seeing the class in your poll nor in the list of classes you don't like. Aran has good survivability due to his health, defenses and tremendous lifesteal, and his damage is also one of the highest at the moment. It also has good horizontal and vertical mobility. And not to forget, it's a very fun class (but that's my personal opinion).
  • TAKaiserTAKaiser
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    How i see it, is depending on your playstyle.

Alot of classes do have specific playstyles instead of going in headfirst and 'wish me good luck!' plays.
    For example - I believe to have played every class but any Explorer Thief but only get to level 150 before moving on to the next.
    Aka - trying out the new Aran and Evan now, both level 90ish.

Alot can depend on how fast your fingers work and how well you can time stuff, how well you can keep your eyes ready for the weak squishier types or if you can max damage from the defensive types to fit your playstyle. Do you boss alot or prefer mobbing or both?
    I just finished trying Kinesis - To max his/(her) damage, you need to max his/(her) Psychic Points (Mana bar), use an ability (4th job Ultimate B.P.M) that'll slowly drain you Psychic Points down for high damage AND keep it above 25 points to use Trainwreck (3rd Job skill) running out of points causes your damage to go down from using up all your points to keep B.P.M up. (P.S Kinesis is a perfect class for bossing, due to passives which lets you deal more damage to bosses, kinda obvious ;D)

High Survivability doesn't just include how well of a hit can you take, can you dodge, can you attack from above or below to help? Is there anything you can/could of done differently to increase your Survivability?

Just looking up Mercedes - too me, it looks like the class was given enough Survivability, just depends on how you play that character. Everything from :
    Elven Healing (Passive)
    Uses energy purified by nature to continuously recover HP and MP.
    Level 1: Recovers HP and MP by 5% of Max HP and MP every 4 seconds.

Potential Power (Passive)
    Activates your hidden powers. Increases movement speed, maximum movement speed, and damage. Grants a fixed chance of avoiding enemy attacks.)

Ignis Roar (Supportive)
    Note: Level 5 required to learn Ancient Warding.
    Summons the power of the Fire Spirit to greatly increase your ATT for a time. Permanently increases Avoidability. Also increases Attack Power when using combo attack skills.

Water Shield (Supportive)
    Borrows the power of the spirits to raise a water barrier around you for a fixed period of time. The barrier absorbs a portion of the damage you receive, and increases resistance against abnormal status and all elemental attacks.

Ancient Warding (Supportive)
    For a fixed period of time, receive the Ancient Spirit’s protection, which increases your damage and HP. In addition, the chance of Avoidability for Ignis Roar will be increased permanently.

Maple Warrior (Supportive)
    Increases the stats of all party members.

Water Shield – Reinforce
    Required Level: 149
    Water Shield Damage Absorption +10%

Water Shield – Immunity Enhance 1
    Required Level: 168
    Water Shield Abnormal Status Resistance +10%

Water Shield – Immunity Enhance 2
    Required Level: 189
    Water Shield Elemental Resistance +10%

Including that the class can constantly dive/dodge and jump around.