[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How are we supposed to do the web event?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Like it says we gotta get 2700+ points, but there's only 2 social network options to share points on. I hope it doesn't glitch out and give updates for more points daily.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Look at the bottom, see all those "coming soon"s? Take your current amount of points, then add 200 for each "coming soon". To save you some time, there are 15 total tiles at the bottom of the page, three of which are unlocked. There are 12 left that you can share to Twitter/FB when they unlock.

12 * 200 = 2400, add that to the 800 you ought to have right now, and you get 3000.

TL;DR: You'll be fine, relax man
    DevilOP
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Look at the bottom, see all those "coming soon"s? Take your current amount of points, then add 200 for each "coming soon". To save you some time, there are 15 total tiles at the bottom of the page, three of which are unlocked. There are 12 left that you can share to Twitter/FB when they unlock.

12 * 200 = 2400, add that to the 800 you ought to have right now, and you get 3000.

TL;DR: You'll be fine, relax man
    Yeah I figured it out about 5 min after posting this :P
  • KoffieKoffie
    Reactions: 930
    edited November 2016
    Shared but got an error saying "Sorry! There was a problem giving points. Please make sure your account is eligible". Even though it has been shared and posted on my profiles, what's going on? My account meets all the requirements. I hope this isn't a bug only affecting European accounts or something...
  • CompletingCompleting
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2016
    I don't see any "Coming Soon"s at the bottom of the page. Can someone screenshot it?

Edit: Just kidding, I was on the wrong micro-site page.
  • YukineYukine
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    just kidding I also got it xd
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    Anyone able to get more than 800 points today? :P
    Lilyflower
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

That's the max for today.
    Other sections are locked.
    Invulgo
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

That's the max for today.
    Other sections are locked.
    Ahh that's what I assumed since I wasn't able to find more things to share :3
    Lilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I've got to say this is an extremely convoluted new way to register for a giftpack.
    What was wrong with the previous method?
    Come to think of it, what was wrong with the old method of just giving every account a giftpack, without need for pre-registration at all?
    Lilyflower
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    I don't have Twitter or Facebook, (and I'm not going to get them), so I can't participate in this, apparently.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

I don't have Twitter or Facebook, (and I'm not going to get them), so I can't participate in this, apparently.
    pretty sure all you need to do it click the share button but you dont actually have to post it

but I could be posting secrets people weren't meant to find out.
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

I made a Twitter for this. It's easy to make throwaways.
    'Cause free stuff is best stuff.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    w8 for new links to open up and then share. make fb or twitter (hide the posts if u must)
    Lilyflower
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

I mean, if you can't bring yourself to even make a simple throwaway account for nothing but this purpose, then it's really only on you.
  • Kyle_1988Kyle_1988
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Also getting the same damn error, account is not eligible
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

w8 for new links to open up and then share. make fb or twitter (hide the posts if u must)
    Yeah, I just delete the posts right away on Facebook.
    Twitter, well I don't really care.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I've got to say this is an extremely convoluted new way to register for a giftpack.
    Come to think of it, what was wrong with the old method of just giving every account a giftpack, without need for pre-registration at all?
    I'm guessing this is sort of a publicity thing by Nexon? I wonder if it'll work lol.

Also, I hit share but didn't confirm (forgot my dern twitter password) and it still gave me the points? o_o

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

Also, I hit share but didn't confirm (forgot my dern twitter password) and it still gave me the points? o_o

I can't vouch personally for Nexon, however according to this it's impossible to track whether content has been fully shared or not due to security risks involved (unless you have full Facebook/Twitter login integration into the service).
    This may mean that it's a physical limitation of Javascript itself, not necessarily an oversight or a glitch. I wouldn't worry too much about it, and I'll see if I can let you know if I do get some kind of red flag, although if you are worried you can share the pages and keep them private to avoid clutter on your walls.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I'm guessing this is sort of a publicity thing by Nexon? I wonder if it'll work lol.

I guess too many people answered "no way in hell" to their "would you recommend this game to a friend?", so they're trying to bribe us to spam their ads.
    Even if I had facebook or twitter, I would not subject my friends or followers to 16 bleeping links to V publicity pages.
    (And if I make a throwaway account that has no friends or followers, how is that any better for Nexon than me just closing the "share" window without confirming?)
    Neospector

I'll see if I can let you know if I do get some kind of red flag
    ????
    Why would you, personally, get a red flag about things happening on Nexon's website?
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    Yeah I can't see my points.

Tried restarting browser, incognito, different profile, disabling adblock. Nothing.