[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[DISCUSSION] V

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Oh ! I didn't even see the auction house I was so hyped about other things in that shot.

* No more exp loss when dying at a boss. Finally no more need to carry around more than 1 safety charm at a time (for lag reasons while training)

* Hit rate, accuracy and avoid are finally being removed!

* Improved exp from mobs (you get bonus exp from mobs within 4 levels of you in KMS after this patch, I imagine that is what we will be getting as well)

* PQ and quest reward improvements

* Max level cap removed on some areas (Lord Balrog? Please include lord balrog)

* Name change feature is coming over on a permanent basis

* More inventory slots

* Shared CS inventory within job groups!

I know that most of us knew most of this was coming, but I didn't know about some of it, and its great to finally have confirmation about the features we will be getting
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    MaryseSkyTheDestroyerKingStarfireAbyReturnedNoob
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    MrjovoniJulyKingStarfireReturnedNoob
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Hope this Action House don't get abused by hackers, to be removed in the future and never come back again.....
    We've taken some extra precautionary steps with the Auction House.
    I Knew Eventually Well get the Auction House, Next Flames and 25 Star Force, Don't bring Mee's tho they are Too much ! , Nexon NA If you keep up like this then you might be able to Redeem Yourselves :D , Hope to A Brighter Future in GMS
    #MakingGMSBetterAgain :)

Lilyflowerchaoscauser
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

it says almost a decade in the making but aren't we almost on our 12th anniversary..
    When MapleStory first launched there were only 3 job advancements.

Actually there were two.

Third job was added (in GMS) in December 2005, seven months after launch.
    LilyflowerSkyTheDestroyer
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Since I haven't been around all that much within the last 2 years, I was like "yeah! finally 5th job!"
    Then I finally took a look at the KMS patch notes for 5th job.
    One skill? What? I was expecting a full set of skills. That's disappointing...
    You'd think that they would make an actual 5th job instead of adding skills over time.
    The big deal around it though is that its only 1 new skill per class (and another new skill per class type, these just weren't shown in the preview. So you, as a BM, will get the BM skill and the new Mage only skill), the V core system also provides a means to upgrade your older skills in various ways, as well as provides much easier access to decent skills (no more slotting out equips to use those), as well as provides a means to easily introduce new 5th job skills in the future. Its expected that we will continuously receive new 5th job skills per class, until we have about as many as a regular job advancement would introduce
    Lilyflowerchaoscauser
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Maryse
    Maryse said:

Since I haven't been around all that much within the last 2 years, I was like "yeah! finally 5th job!"
    Then I finally took a look at the KMS patch notes for 5th job.
    One skill? What? I was expecting a full set of skills. That's disappointing...
    You'd think that they would make an actual 5th job instead of adding skills over time.
    The big deal around it though is that its only 1 new skill per class (and another new skill per class type, these just weren't shown in the preview. So you, as a BM, will get the BM skill and the new Mage only skill), the V core system also provides a means to upgrade your older skills in various ways, as well as provides much easier access to decent skills (no more slotting out equips to use those), as well as provides a means to easily introduce new 5th job skills in the future. Its expected that we will continuously receive new 5th job skills per class, until we have about as many as a regular job advancement would introduce
    I just expected a whole new set of skills, is all.
    I was taken aback by the fact that it was only one single skill.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

KThxBaiNao

Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

it says almost a decade in the making but aren't we almost on our 12th anniversary..
    When MapleStory first launched there were only 3 job advancements.

Actually there were two.

Third job was added (in GMS) in December 2005, seven months after launch.
    I MEANT 2.

But yeah, AKradian is correct. It was around .14 or something.
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Whorific
    Whorific said:

Not that I'm ungrateful for getting V early but- uh- does this mean we're not getting the pre-release events that KMS had? I was really hoping for that Lv200 level up event that gave Maple Points.
    I was wondering about that too, cause I want to create a Jett now but if we're getting that event then I'll wait for it. That and the burning event. And Aran's skintone.

For reference:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2016/06/30/kms-ver-1-2-258-high-five/

Still excited about the whole update though!
  • MrjovoniMrjovoni
    Reactions: 720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Question.About sharing the knews of V Update.Can it only be shared via Facebook and Twitter for points? So if we share each of the coming information on facebook and twitter a day will we get the full gift set? Sorry for stupid question reply is greatly Apericiated.. :D
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    What's with all the SUPER HYPER ULTRA MEGA INTENSE ALL-MIGHTY ALPHA II TURBO PLATINUM EDITION ALL STARS THIRD STRIKE FOR THE 3DS AND WII U AND KNUCKLES FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY SERIES 5 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO SURGING EYE ENERGYYYYYYYYYYYY in GMS art for big updates?
    Lilyflower
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    Mrjovoni
    Mrjovoni said:

Question.About sharing the knews of V Update.Can it only be shared via Facebook and Twitter for points? So if we share each of the coming information on facebook and twitter a day will we get the full gift set? Sorry for stupid question reply is greatly Apericiated.. :D
    You should be able to, it's 2700 points.
    You can get 800 points right now and there's 12 other sections to be unlocked = 2400 points for a total of 3200 points.
    Mrjovoni
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    glad to be seeing that we will finally be getting the Auction House that we've been waiting to get for a long time now, also looks like we are getting the instant name changes after all too
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Oh ! I didn't even see the auction house I was so hyped about other things in that shot.

* No more exp loss when dying at a boss. Finally no more need to carry around more than 1 safety charm at a time (for lag reasons while training)

* Hit rate, accuracy and avoid are finally being removed!

* Improved exp from mobs (you get bonus exp from mobs within 4 levels of you in KMS after this patch, I imagine that is what we will be getting as well)

* PQ and quest reward improvements

* Max level cap removed on some areas (Lord Balrog? Please include lord balrog)

* Name change feature is coming over on a permanent basis

* More inventory slots

* Shared CS inventory within job groups!

I know that most of us knew most of this was coming, but I didn't know about some of it, and its great to finally have confirmation about the features we will be getting
    Yes the level limit will be removed from Lord Balrog .
    Lilyflower
  • NovNov
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    THANK YOU JESUS
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Mrjovoni
    Mrjovoni said:

You can get 800 points right now and there's 12 other sections to be unlocked = 2400 points for a total of 3200 points.
    You'll be able to get up to 3200 points.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    WOOHOOOO!!!!! V :DDDD
    Lilyflower
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

I said that :(
  • MrjovoniMrjovoni
    Reactions: 720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Mrjovoni
    Mrjovoni said:

Thanks Very much!!!!
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

KThxBaiNao

I said that :(
    i dun messed up and read 2700 points and was like, "NO MARYSE. THAT'S NOT IT. THERE's MORE!"