[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Give us FULL patch notes for V, please

gamechangergamechanger
Reactions: 3,460
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please for the love of Rhinne give us the FULL set of patch notes for V. None of this compressed nonsense. V is a huge patch, containing many many changes to every part of the game, from the UI to skills, to stats, to leveling, to mobs, to fighting, to quests etc..... I'm asking this now because the micro site was released today. We deserve to get the full patch notes on everything coming in this patch. Please don't leave anything out. Please add numbers when talking about skills (ie cooldowns, %damage, any buff effects, duration of buffs, MP use etc.... Hopefully for both the min and max level of each skill). Please give examples of what some of the changes mean for us, teh palyers, (eg the changes to defense and status resist, an example of two of how this will change boss fights/training would be extremely helpful as not everyone reads Max's blog and even of those who do, not everyone completely understands how the new formulas will work in game). Please tell us which areas had their upper level limit removed instead of just saying "Some areas had their max level limit removed". Please tell us what mobs, if any, are changed and how they were changed (again, numbers). Please tell us about the new equipment, how we can obtain it and power it up. Please explain in detail how we can get V cores. And anything else I missed. Please just give us the FULL patch notes of everything that was changed. This update is just so big and so important. We, as players, deserve the right to full patch notes, at least this once.
IvangoldAKradianLilyflowerBahamut_XふかせUzumeDeeMonShusuiDorCatoooloooand 10 others.

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    That would help everybody, I aprove!
    The decision to make patch notes shorter wasn't a good idea...
    Dor
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    agreed making patch notes shorter is a bad idea this v update is big so it deserves more information
    BIackbean
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Please do this, stop with the non-sense "condensed" patch notes, they are garbage
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Definitely agreed. This is going to be a very big patch, so there's going to be a lot of new stuff. We really need the details and not some vague description like "earn new rewards!"
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    yes i love reading patch notes :D!! just deliver everything and who cares if people are lazy to read. but trust me, this gonna be even more hype than OPTIMIZATION PATCH!
    Lilyflower
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Inb4 they just copy paste from Orange Mush blog
    MakazeKiba
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

They got caught doing that before, and it wasn't long after (maybe a patch or two) before we started getting our "condensed" notes.
    MakazeKibaLilyflower
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited November 2016
    I'd honestly prefer them going back to copypasting orangemushroom, at least the parts that apply to GMS. They keep telling us to not go on the blog's info because we're not guaranteed to get everything mentioned there, but it's kinda hard when we get no decent information of our own to reference.
    IvangoldDorCatooolooogenji123gamechanger
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

genji123
    genji123 said:

They got caught doing that before, and it wasn't long after (maybe a patch or two) before we started getting our "condensed" notes.
    Nah, it wasn't that short of a time between. The plagiarized patch notes were way long ago, during a Resistance revamp. I remember specifically because Battle Mage got the new Reaper and that was in early 2015. The "condensed" patch notes only just started a month or two ago.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016

The recent batches of patch notes have actually discouraged me from doing events, since I can't accurately weigh if those events are worth while. Crucify me if you must, but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into for what rewards.
    MyzeDaemiongamechanger
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I mean doesn't the TOS say anything related to their games is technically theirs? So even if they did just copy his posts, they're technically legally allowed to.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

I mean doesn't the TOS say anything related to their games is technically theirs? So even if they did just copy his posts, they're technically legally allowed to.
    No. Anything inside the game is theirs. What other people say about the game belongs to those other people.
    When someone translates a book, there is a separate copyright on the translation, besides the copyright on the book. Same with web notices or any other text.
    Lilyflower
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    o gosh yes please!

This worth the attention of the community manager @KThxBaiNao right?

I really don't care spending a week reading the notes.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Please for the love of Rhinne give us the FULL set of patch notes for V. None of this compressed nonsense. V is a huge patch, containing many many changes to every part of the game, from the UI to skills, to stats, to leveling, to mobs, to fighting, to quests etc..... I'm asking this now because the micro site was released today. We deserve to get the full patch notes on everything coming in this patch. Please don't leave anything out. Please add numbers when talking about skills (ie cooldowns, %damage, any buff effects, duration of buffs, MP use etc.... Hopefully for both the min and max level of each skill). Please give examples of what some of the changes mean for us, teh palyers, (eg the changes to defense and status resist, an example of two of how this will change boss fights/training would be extremely helpful as not everyone reads Max's blog and even of those who do, not everyone completely understands how the new formulas will work in game). Please tell us which areas had their upper level limit removed instead of just saying "Some areas had their max level limit removed". Please tell us what mobs, if any, are changed and how they were changed (again, numbers). Please tell us about the new equipment, how we can obtain it and power it up. Please explain in detail how we can get V cores. And anything else I missed. Please just give us the FULL patch notes of everything that was changed. This update is just so big and so important. We, as players, deserve the right to full patch notes, at least this once.
    THIS+ 10,000,000,000 :"D FULLY SUPPORTED !

• gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

gamechanger

genji123
    genji123 said:

Nah, it wasn't that short of a time between. The plagiarized patch notes were way long ago, during a Resistance revamp. I remember specifically because Battle Mage got the new Reaper and that was in early 2015. The "condensed" patch notes only just started a month or two ago.
    Not quite. We've been getting condensed patch notes at least since the website revamp (that's as far back as I care to remember/search). They may not have used that term until more recently, but its been a good long while since we have had our full patch notes.
    Lilyflower
  • Wort117Wort117
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    Agreed, this lack of transparency is not cool. Makes me think they are hiding something. (knowing nexon, they're hiding a ton of things that they don't have the guts to show us)
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

genji123
    genji123 said:

yeah they never do as good a job on the "notes" as Max.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    I hope some1 from nexon see this.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    Well it seems that you guys didn't take this into account. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it just wasn't seen........

Paging @KThxBaiNao - Can you guys please do better for the rest of the released in the V update?

For example. @Aletai didn't even mention that your Hit rate won't matter anymore, you will always hit the monster, but now your damage will be decreased by 2% for every level you are below the mob. He didn't mention that DEFENSE got a new cap, or that the formula for it was changed (meaning that it now actually does something, well at least it does according to the KMS notes for this patch). I mean these are just 2 examples, but the notes are still missing almost everything that I requested be added to them for the sake of us players.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016

Odd thoughts:

Perhaps, at this point, Nexon is relying on the players to figure it out ourselves. In it's own dementedly logical way, the quest for such knowledge is content in and of itself.

However, they have made it clear in their ToS that we cannot data-mine for details regarding content... I actually question the legality of -Removed- due to this.

On another note, perhaps the vagueness of the notes is in respect to people who tend to find such notes and use them to make new schemes for themselves (usually with content patches with coin shops).

Even this doesn't seem to hold water, since this could easily be solved by releasing the patch notes to the tune of mass push notifications to the emails of users. Timing wise, you could even release the notes at server start-up (as much as we would all hate it).

Maybe it is how we behave as a community. Perhaps they dread how we would react to very specific tweaks. Perhaps they would like the space to backpedal and adjust if certain methods of balance did not function as desired.

... "Introductory Sweetwater Drop Rates", anyone? Sure didn't stop them before.

I suspect the vagueness in the patch notes is intentional, to foster attention to the patch release itself, to force us all to go in and find out for ourselves, dangers and damages be damned.

Not that I agree with this. Somethings, such as the previously capricious nature of boom-chance scrolls from events in the past have literally caused losses of items worth hundreds if not thousands to players (in terms of time and actual money spent making them). At least Nexon had the sense to now make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR if items will explode on failure for some scrolls, while others had the boom-chance removed.
    Ivangold