[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Excited for MapleStory 2

VarsikVarsik
Reactions: 400
edited November 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Ive been watching some videos and it looks great. I love how we're sticking to the 4 original classes, player housing, and footage of Ludi PQ looked amazing graphically and gameplay wise. Does anyone have an idea on the North American beta date? I know its in Beta stage in Korea right now.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Varsik
    Varsik said:

Ive been watching some videos and it looks great. I love how we're sticking to the 4 original classes, player housing, and footage of Ludi PQ looked amazing graphically and gameplay wise. Does anyone have an idea on the North American beta date? I know its in Beta stage in Korea right now.
    your news is old as heck, it's been out of beta for just over a year now in Korea as it launched in june last year, it's been released in china for about 6~ 7 months now.

there is no Date for MS2 global but since they are looking for a production manager, and the EU merge happened, i suspect an announcement just around the corner.

seriously you need to catch up on the MS 2 news, they have since released 3 new classes, Rune Blader, Striker and Soul Binder.
  • SummerLeeSummerLee
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Played KMS 2 while ago. Not worth it though..
  • VarsikVarsik
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Varsik
    Varsik said:

your news is old as heck, it's been out of beta for just over a year now in Korea as it launched in june last year, it's been released in china for about 6~ 7 months now.

there is no Date for MS2 global but since they are looking for a production manager, and the EU merge happened, i suspect an announcement just around the corner.

seriously you need to catch up on the MS 2 news, they have since released 3 new classes, Rune Blader, Striker and Soul Binder.
    I read a few articles and Youtube videos saying it was confirmed for North America, just no date yet.
    SummerLee
    SummerLee said:

Played KMS 2 while ago. Not worth it though..
    Each to their own, I think it looks fun really fun, and it expands on my favorite universe in gaming
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited November 2016
    maplestory 2 is a completely different game and the only 3d boxy games i will ever play are all fps, side scroll 2d with anime style art is what i like most, maplestory 2 is not for me, maplestory 1 all the way
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited November 2016
    I would try it. But, i have so much to do already...
  • Hungry4PizzaHungry4Pizza
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited November 2016
    I've played it. Its pretty fun.
    Its just that its a completely different story though, no connection to the story of MS1.
  • VarsikVarsik
    edited November 2016
    TerrorStreak

maplestory 2 is a completely different game and the only 3d boxy games i will ever play are all fps, side scroll 2d with anime style art is what i like most, maplestory 2 is not for me, maplestory 1 all the way
    Yeah, I can see a lot of people not enjoying the
    Hungry4Pizza

Its just that its a completely different story though, no connection to the story of MS1.
    I read that it takes place before MS1?
  • SitzuSitzu
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2016
    I thought maplestory 2 already died...
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited November 2016
    Sitzu
    Sitzu said:

I thought maplestory 2 already died...
    They will bring it to China, which also has a huge playerbase relative to all of Maplestory one. Also, Maplestory 2 still has an reasonable Playerbase in South korea, too.

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Varsik
    Varsik said:

TerrorStreak

Yeah, I can see a lot of people not enjoying the
    Hungry4Pizza

I read that it takes place before MS1?
    It does, but that doesn't mean the stories have to tie together. For a decade now MS story has revolved around the BM and solely around the BM. Even the new dimensions were tied back to the BM in some manner . MS2 doesn't have the BM in the lore period AFAIK, which means there can be extremely little, if any, crossover between the lore of the two games.
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Wasn't this supposed to come out in -4353463 years ago BC? I honestly thought it was out already...