[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

WHY MUST YOU NERF SHADES SO MUCH!?!?!?

KentaurusKentaurus
Reactions: 700
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
After making the cooldown of all of shade's skills longer AND making the last time shorter.... Some characters have less amount of skills.. which was all that shades had at that point... besides the soul split but the cooldown for that is still long. After that now there will be binds for all the fifth jobs...? YOU GUYS ARE NERFING SHADES TOO MUCH BY BUFFING ALL THE OTHER CHARS!!

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    ? What in that preview makes you think Shade is getting nerfed?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    As someone who has mained a Shade for two years: what in the everloving hell are you on about? They haven't nerfed the class at all, and the most recent round of class balancing actually improved Shade
    LeeTbeats
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    shade is op, i play buccaner, and always ask my self if i didnt make a mistake and should've played shade, they are strong. and super tanky
    if anything normal pirates Bucc/corsair and jett and cannon should be buffed. i'ds say mostl corsair and jett
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

shade is op, i play buccaner, and always ask my self if i didnt make a mistake and should've played shade, they are strong. and super tanky
    if anything normal pirates Bucc/corsair and jett and cannon should be buffed. i'ds say mostl corsair and jett
    No, Shade is not OP. Kinesis does 3x as much damage with more mobility and recovery/iframe options, as one example. Shade needs a buff, if anything.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Shade is weak in my view.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Shade wasn't really nerfed too bad or anything, Shade just kinda is weak. If you want to see a class that got nerfed to oblivion look at Kaiser.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    The only reason Shade is as weak as he seems is because, outside of Maple Warrior and his 150 and 200 hypers, he has no active buff skills, just passives. So because of this, he relies more heavily on equipment and potentials than another class may.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

The only reason Shade is as weak as he seems is because, outside of Maple Warrior and his 150 and 200 hypers, he has no active buff skills, just passives. So because of this, he relies more heavily on equipment and potentials than another class may.
    *coughmechtoocough*
  • KentaurusKentaurus
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

? What in that preview makes you think Shade is getting nerfed?
    Well shade was still bearable because it was one of the few classes that can bind and now i hear that all characters can bind now... I dont know about you but by buffing others i think shade will get hella nerfed. Not only that they are actually getting original anymore with other characters having less amount of skills and i believe there are other characters who can also use skill combo sets.. unless shade can get the same buff of the invulnerity during hyper while attacking with spirit claw or something...
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Shade is alright. A pretty average class, not too weak not too strong. I love it because of the lack of active buffing. A little worrying though from the talks of everyone getting bind... now Shade would lose most of his party use too.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

Shade is alright. A pretty average class, not too weak not too strong. I love it because of the lack of active buffing. A little worrying though from the talks of everyone getting bind... now Shade would lose most of his party use too.
    Still got split, yo
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

Still got split, yo
    splitting a Madman Ranmaru and Empress and killing it with its clone led to some insane EXP gains. Being a fox that doesn't flinch is badass. Not having to buff sure is easy, but takes the fun out of the class. My Dual Blade had 6 buffs before than were converted to passives.

My favorite way to start Hard Magnus is to split him and bind him good. Then I come in with an Asura with a green potion, SE, and rune of swiftness. That is how you can shave off 1/6 of hard magnus before he moves. Doing this to empress led to half an empress. :D

Shade is a really powerful tool. I don't know why they would call it weak.

gamechanger
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

there were already several other classes to choose from if you needed a bind character
    if anything Kanna was the "bind" class as she has 3 different ones
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

there were already several other classes to choose from if you needed a bind character
    I wish we had more binds ofcourse. But Kanna has 2 binds and unfortuanately they aren't stacking since last patch :-(
  • kimchikimchi
    Reactions: 540
    edited November 2016
    I disagree. Shades are already broken; they have SPLIT, for heaven's sake! But dual blades definitely need some more love -- much more than shades do. Our fifth job skill only lasts 10 seconds, which is ridiculously short. I have a proposition: extend the duration of our blade storm to 50 seconds, so as soon as it goes on cool down, we can use asura's again. And while we're at it, we may as well reduce the cool down of our fifth job skill to 10 seconds, so when asura's is done, blade storm is up again!
    TL;DR - buff db, and nerf shade

I'm kidding (^;
  • KentaurusKentaurus
    edited November 2016
    kimchi
    kimchi said:

I disagree. Shades are already broken; they have SPLIT, for heaven's sake! But dual blades definitely need some more love -- much more than shades do. Our fifth job skill only lasts 10 seconds, which is ridiculously short. I have a proposition: extend the duration of our blade storm to 50 seconds, so as soon as it goes on cool down, we can use asura's again. And while we're at it, we may as well reduce the cool down of our fifth job skill to 10 seconds, so when asura's is done, blade storm is up again!
    TL;DR - buff db, and nerf shade

I'm kidding (^;
    umm im not sure if u noticed but shade has split thats 3min cd and thats pretty much all they have... and even then its not 100% damage its 150%... maybe lots of exp from split sure but thats pretty much all they have. and our hyper? it does no damage to mobs still most of times. our bind? its 210 seconds cooldown which is like 50% longer than most binders. Our other hyper? its only infinite if we are lucky for the items to drop. Even if they do drop we have to go on it or have our pet loot it. Our small amount of buffs? basically nexon is now making other characters have less buffs so its not even worth mentioning.
  • KentaurusKentaurus
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

tru... but kanna binding got nerfed too so they dont stack anymore lol
  • KentaurusKentaurus
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

Aggraphine

Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

Still got split, yo
    splitting a Madman Ranmaru and Empress and killing it with its clone led to some insane EXP gains. Being a fox that doesn't flinch is badass. Not having to buff sure is easy, but takes the fun out of the class. My Dual Blade had 6 buffs before than were converted to passives.

My favorite way to start Hard Magnus is to split him and bind him good. Then I come in with an Asura with a green potion, SE, and rune of swiftness. That is how you can shave off 1/6 of hard magnus before he moves. Doing this to empress led to half an empress. :D

Shade is a really powerful tool. I don't know why they would call it weak.

thx for the tip lol now i gotta surf every channel for the rune of swiftness if there are any :D
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    About "Everyone will have bind",
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

No, Shade is not OP. Kinesis does 3x as much damage with more mobility and recovery/iframe options, as one example. Shade needs a buff, if anything.
    This doesn't means Shade needs a buff, means Kinesis needs a nerf