[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Even more laggy than before

MekMek
Reactions: 1,170
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting
Horrific lag

After the maintenance have even more lag than before.
So now, in the Warrior Grounds map for example, when I use a multi kill skill I freeze for like 3 secs each time and I'm not counting with the pet pick up lag. It's like bananas, can't do the quests, train, nothing.
Hope it gets fixed soon, tha...tha.. thaa.. thanks.

soulFella
lvl196
Dawn Warrior
Luna
UTC time
Coraline

Comments

• CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    True....i have lagg in every map....
  • CoralineCoraline
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gonna be great tomorrow with 2x exp

JettLuvsU
  • Select_CarteSelect_Carte
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited September 2023
    Mek
    Mek said:

Horrific lag

After the maintenance have even more lag than before.
    So now, in the Warrior Grounds map for example, when I use a multi kill skill I freeze for like 3 secs each time and I'm not counting with the pet pick up lag. It's like bananas, can't do the quests, train, nothing.
    Hope it gets fixed soon, tha...tha.. thaa.. thanks.

soulFella
    lvl196
    Dawn Warrior
    Luna
    UTC time
    I can confirm this. Ever since the maintenance things have been quite laggy for the majority of the Maplers on Luna.
    -the cash shop often glitches out and does not load your items and balance, Thus making it nearly impossible to claim your reward points.
    -Accepting/Completing quests takes many attempts before it actually works.
    -Teleporting to places with your Hyper Teleport rock often does not work and you're forced to keep spamming it untill it finally does work.
    -Overall game lagg like skill/spawn delay

Those are the biggest issue's I've personally experienced, Along with some people I spoke to.
    Coraline
  • CoralineCoraline
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    And don't dare go to event hall....
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2016
    It's the quest kill lag. Mob kill count and multi kill quests will lag spike you each time.
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited November 2016
    I am also experiencing lag when killing multiple mobs, especially in commerci pq run, it just lags like A LOT.
  • DennDenn
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2016
    Lagg follows us everywhere we go :(
  • DennDenn
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2016
    I can't even transfer black friday shop to my inventory from cs. It either disconnects me from the game when i click on it or says request timed out.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2016
    I'm lagging particularly in Afterlands. Event hall is surprisingly smooth instead.
  • starlight52starlight52
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Denn
    Denn said:

I can't even transfer black friday shop to my inventory from cs. It either disconnects me from the game when i click on it or says request timed out.
    I can't transfer my stuff from the cash shop either, it dcs me everytime.... I WANT MY TIGER :'(

• starlight52starlight52
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    ooooor just crashes the game completely
  • KassyKassy
    Reactions: 525
    edited November 2016
    I've been getting the lag on my Hero tonight as well whilst doing the Gollux pre quests. Initially it was just looting lag but then the mobs started to have a delay on actually dying as well as dropping their loot. Also on the Luna server.
  • DFHDFH
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2016
    Imagine all the people coming just to see the 5th job and get to see this massive lagfest... i truly hope it gets sorted out soon (but i'm not counting on it)

by the way, i'm having the following issues too...

- Kill freeze/lag (When killing certain monsters, game freezes for a moment, proportional to the amount of monsters killed)
    - Loot freeze/Lag ( When picking up items the game freezes for a moment, certain items affects more than others [example: rice cake flour])
    - Event hall freeze/lag ( Upon entering the event hall the game starts freezing slowly, it becomes harder to move/get out the longer i stay there)
    - Quest completion freeze/lag ( Game freezes for a moment when completing some special quests like the rice cake UI.. )
    - Rice cake UI animation freeze/lag ( the animation of the cakes being made when picking up the related item causes the game to freeze for a moment )
    - Quest progress freeze/lag ( performing actions that changes progress of a quest causes the game to freeze for a moment [example: 'Kill XXX monsters' OR 'Collect YYY items from monsters']
    - Random crashing of the game client (whenever the game feels like it, i get to see my desktop background, sometimes with a nice 'Maplestory stopped working' greeting... sometimes nothing at all... it's also done it during the intro animations/videos of the game)

and a lot of other issues, but those are the ones that fit into this thread....

Oh, also... to help reduce the lag on the event hall, i suggested a workaround here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/10797/#Comment_10797

EDIT: I forgot to say that all that lag/freezing seems to trigger the "You have been blocked by the GM for the HACK reason" and get disconnected from the game
    DarkGoulzMek
  • KazeyomaKazeyoma
    Reactions: 565
    edited November 2016
    im actually having the same problem, i get lag spikes when i kill mobs
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited November 2016
    I have severe lag while doing Monster Life. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds for the dialog to pop up that I successfully played with a single monster on another farm. Just now it took a minute to get back to my own farm (XirroFarm) after visiting Calien and play with the monsters there. This is just ridiculous. Most of the time it is ok, but once in a while it gets really terrible. Even to the point that my farm showx up, but the lower-left corner where the monsters are supposed to be shown is just the farm background. After 30 seconds or so the monsters are finally shown.
  • DFHDFH
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2016
    Xariappa
    Xariappa said:

I have severe lag while doing Monster Life. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds for the dialog to pop up that I successfully played with a single monster on another farm. Just now it took a minute to get back to my own farm (XirroFarm) after visiting Calien and play with the monsters there. This is just ridiculous. Most of the time it is ok, but once in a while it gets really terrible. Even to the point that my farm showx up, but the lower-left corner where the monsters are supposed to be shown is just the farm background. After 30 seconds or so the monsters are finally shown.
    This actually sounds like connectivity issues, where are you playing from?
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited November 2016
    If the unscheduled maintenance was to fix the lag issues it didn't, just confirming the ongoing situation of this issue.
    Hope it gets fixed soon, although won't enjoy the 2x event i think.
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited November 2016
    I doubt that my lag is a connectivity issue. I have a fast computer and fast internet, playing from the LA area in California. I have been playing for several years now and it never has been this bad. I can watch a CNN video without hickups at the same time as my Monster Life is lagging behind for extreme times. An internet issue would affect the video also. I know it is buffered to some extend, but not that much. And it comes and goes.
  • CoralineCoraline
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    At least their money event black friday is running smooth.....and until that ridiculous lagg is gone, no hair on my head is thinking about buying 1 single nx.
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited November 2016
    Good to know that it is not just me but also bad at the same time. It's just horrible that most of the events that are going on right now are about killing monsters and looting drops. It's also very nice that it actually seems impossible to get rid of the Quest progress freeze/lag if you started the hidden Haste mission. Until you kill the amount of monsters that you need for that quest to finish you're screwed.