[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Memo: SavageAce Talks V

SavageAceSavageAce
Reactions: 3,130
Administrator, Nexon
edited November 2016 in Vault
Hi Maplers,

We hope you are as excited as we are that 5th Job is officially coming to Global MapleStory with the upcoming MapleStory V updates! Although this content has been available in other MapleStory services, there is a lot of work being done by our teams here at Nexon America and our developers in Korea to bring this content to you. We know you’re eager to play and check out the new updates as soon as possible, so rest assured we’re working tirelessly to bring this content to you starting on November 30th!

Some of you may wonder why it takes so long to bring over content already available. Global MapleStory has a lot of unique content that is not available anywhere else, so it takes some careful planning to make sure that unique content doesn’t conflict with the new updates. We’re also adding brand new 5th Job skills for all the extra classes Global MapleStory has. Furthermore, Localization alone is a huge undertaking, especially for the amount of updates we’re introducing these next few months. Our Localization team spends a great of deal of time and effort translating, editing, polishing, and sometimes writing new lines to ensure you all understand, and more importantly enjoy, the new content.

As important as the 5th Job skills are, in addition to those changes, the MapleStory V updates also include a lot of system improvements, some of which are quality-of-life changes that are part of the "A Better Maple" initiative, and some are tweaks to systems to better facilitate the new 5th job skills. To give some clarification, "A Better Maple" is not only an initiative started by Global MapleStory, it’s an ongoing desire from the developers and teams all over the world to improve the MapleStory experience for all players. As we mentioned in the past, these changes are a result of players like you providing feedback and letting us know what changes you want to see. This year you’ll see:

Inventory Slots increased to 128
Link Skills transfer system simplified
Additional job groups can now share Cash Shop Inventory
EXP needed at Levels 1-200 has been lowered
Maximum stack count for several items has been increased 10x
Name changes now instantaneous
Auction House added
Damage Cap removed
Max level restriction for certain content removed
EXP loss from being defeated removed from certain bosses
UI has been revamped with more customization
Adjusting the restrictions for the Magnus boss fight

These are just a sample of some of the more important changes coming to you in the MapleStory V updates. We hope you stay tuned for more updates as we dive deeper into the content for MapleStory V!

Thank you,

Dennis ‘SavageAce’ Bernardo
Production Manager – MapleStory
BIackbeanJettLuvsUMakeMapleGreatAgainMegaScienceDboiUhFoomybiscuits

Comments

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited November 2016
    Super exited! <3 Especially for the auction house!
    Could choice royal hair/eye coupons be released as part of 'A Better Maple' please?
    SavageAce
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2016
    I don't know how we can go above 50m with our resources.
    SavageAce
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    I'm personally excited for the Auction House. :)
    SavageAceCatooolooo
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Maybe we should call these Savage Talks. ;)

Thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to write these, Dennis! I'm looking forward to the next one :)
    KingStarfire
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

I don't know how we can go above 50m with our resources.
    I mean yeah, if we're ignoring the people who can cap in dojo, or outside of the blue field in hard Magnus, or on cvell.
    gamechanger
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    Dennis, I have a somewhat related question, how hard would it be to clean up some old code form the game?
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

Dennis, I have a somewhat related question, how hard would it be to clean up some old code form the game?
    They've been slowing doing this over time, and hopefully with all the changes going on for V update, a lot more of the underlying, older code is being revamped.
    edited November 2016
    MegaScience

KingStarfire

They've been slowing doing this over time, and hopefully with all the changes going on for V update, a lot more of the underlying, older code is being revamped.
    I mean stuff that is not being used, like old maps from preBB, have those be removed?
  • MichrMichr
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2016
    Will we finally be seeing the special Aran skin tone as well as some of the other special skins added to the game or will they all get ignored again? There has been no answer for this either and its been around 6/7+years now.
    emperor52Klara
  • SavageAceSavageAce
    Reactions: 3,130
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

MegaScience

KingStarfire

I mean stuff that is not being used, like old maps from preBB, have those be removed?
    We actually do remove older content and event maps that we know we won't use anymore. We did a large cleanup in v172 and periodically we remove event contents as they end or get closed.
  • GameOverPloxYello200GameOverPloxYello200
    Reactions: 555
    edited November 2016
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Hi Maplers,

We hope you are as excited as we are that 5th Job is officially coming to Global MapleStory with the upcoming MapleStory V updates! Although this content has been available in other MapleStory services, there is a lot of work being done by our teams here at Nexon America and our developers in Korea to bring this content to you. We know you’re eager to play and check out the new updates as soon as possible, so rest assured we’re working tirelessly to bring this content to you starting on November 30th!

Some of you may wonder why it takes so long to bring over content already available. Global MapleStory has a lot of unique content that is not available anywhere else, so it takes some careful planning to make sure that unique content doesn’t conflict with the new updates. We’re also adding brand new 5th Job skills for all the extra classes Global MapleStory has. Furthermore, Localization alone is a huge undertaking, especially for the amount of updates we’re introducing these next few months. Our Localization team spends a great of deal of time and effort translating, editing, polishing, and sometimes writing new lines to ensure you all understand, and more importantly enjoy, the new content.

As important as the 5th Job skills are, in addition to those changes, the MapleStory V updates also include a lot of system improvements, some of which are quality-of-life changes that are part of the "A Better Maple" initiative, and some are tweaks to systems to better facilitate the new 5th job skills. To give some clarification, "A Better Maple" is not only an initiative started by Global MapleStory, it’s an ongoing desire from the developers and teams all over the world to improve the MapleStory experience for all players. As we mentioned in the past, these changes are a result of players like you providing feedback and letting us know what changes you want to see. This year you’ll see:

Inventory Slots increased to 128
    Link Skills transfer system simplified
    Additional job groups can now share Cash Shop Inventory
    EXP needed at Levels 1-200 has been lowered
    Maximum stack count for several items has been increased 10x
    Name changes now instantaneous
    Auction House added
    Damage Cap removed
    Max level restriction for certain content removed
    EXP loss from being defeated removed from certain bosses
    UI has been revamped with more customization
    Adjusting the restrictions for the Magnus boss fight

These are just a sample of some of the more important changes coming to you in the MapleStory V updates. We hope you stay tuned for more updates as we dive deeper into the content for MapleStory V!

Thank you,

Dennis ‘SavageAce’ Bernardo
    Production Manager – MapleStory
    Where is the "BETTER MAPLE" if i need to open my familliar every second ? give us HOTKEY please!
    edited November 2016
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

KingStarfire

MegaScience

KingStarfire

We actually do remove older content and event maps that we know we won't use anymore. We did a large cleanup in v172 and periodically we remove event contents as they end or get closed.
    Ok, thanks for that up I played before I came back in the 1st was a few years ago so I was in aware of the update
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    GameOverPloxYello200

Where is the "BETTER MAPLE" if i need to open my familliar every second ? give us HOTKEY please!
    YES PLEASE!!!

Also would be cool to have a minimap indicator for runes (doesn't need to show which one, just that there's a rune).
  • YGOStriker666YGOStriker666
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2016
    There are just... So many good things to wait for in this upcoming event. I am glad to still be in the game after all these years! Even some people who quit saw these things an came back :o
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Maybe Mention also UTC by the news like : http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/18592/black-friday-hot-week-11-21-11-27
    That would make it a better Maple!
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    all well and good but a lot of us would really prefer you spend a bit more of your finite resources and time addressing existing issues preventing many players from fully enjoying what already exists rather than just constantly pump out new buggy content, three prime examples of this that are affecting large groups of players and some of which have existed for a very long time with very little real feedback from nexon is the pet loot lag issue, the event hall lag issue and the connectivity and latency issues that are even more widespread for some of us since this migration took place.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

KingStarfire

MegaScience

KingStarfire

Can you also clean up unused data on the client side as well? People who do data extractions for the wiki are still talking about all of the unused data that is in our clients. Stuff like flames, world specific hats for worlds we never got in GMS, items whose names weren't even bothered to be changed from Korean/Chinese/Taiwanese (depending on which region they showed up in first) because you guys knew you would never implement them. Lots of equips have multiple copies of themselves in the client side data, mostly for equips under level 70. There's even stuff like an entry for a codex set that was never introduced in any version of Maplestory.

Back on topic though, I'm super excited about V update.The whole update looks fantastic and I cannot wait. Though like @MegaScience said on page 1, I do hope that V is another update that cleans up the Maplestory codebase
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    IM EXCITED!!!! i didnt realize what this post was about since i saw "Savage" but then realized thats a GM's name LOL
  • Shaneration1Shaneration1
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2016
    looks good so far lets hope it lives up to the hype
  • ShanerationShaneration
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    i cant wait for this to come and expereince battle mage all over again. maybe some d/k too :D