[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Amount of hackers overwhelming

WhutWhut
Reactions: 745
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So today I've been training at Leafre and the Temple of Time, and on just 1 channel alone I found around 6 hackers in those training fields, all Blaze Wizards. It's getting quite ridiculous. I've luckily managed to report them all (which isn't easy, as you need to right-click them while they're blinking all over the map).

Now I would just like to see Nexon actually removing the hackers and do something with the reports. I know that Blizzard has a great system where if someone gets banned, they would actually be banned for life, unless they get a new PC.

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Whut
    Whut said:

I've luckily managed to report them all (which isn't easy, as you need to right-click them while they're blinking all over the map).
    There's a Siren button beside the chat which allows you to report a behavior then a drop-down list of players in the map.

Otherwise, yeah. I've also seen a significant increase in encountering hackers.
    Hiero
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    i forgot about that button
  • StroohmStroohm
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    There are tons of hacker, most of them are BlazeWizards, they attack full map, sometimes summon a jrboogie monster,
    come on ban those painfull people, please;

omg, the 20 fkin channel of the map are full of BOTS !!! why? -_- 2X xp/drop, great bots everywhere
    [Herb Town, 100-Year-Old Herb Garden]
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Whut
    Whut said:

I've luckily managed to report them all (which isn't easy, as you need to right-click them while they're blinking all over the map).
    There's a Siren button beside the chat which allows you to report a behavior then a drop-down list of players in the map.

Otherwise, yeah. I've also seen a significant increase in encountering hackers.
    u mean that looks a red alarm button it won't help if a player press it since gm won't do a thing about it.

• ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2016
    They should raise the limit of players you can report though, if you're unlucky 10 are just not enough, especially if you include gold sellers too.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    ShakaAlek
    ShakaAlek said:

They should raise the limit of players you can report though, if you're unlucky 10 are just not enough, especially if you include gold sellers too.
    sigh* true even though there's lots of gold sellers and hackers even when limiting we need anti protection in the game since lots of mmorpg games has anti protection against hackers,botters,gold sellers.

• LilyPandaLilyPanda
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited November 2016
    I've been there. reporting people who didn't really teleport away. but changed channels instead.. i did manage to report most, but because they died somehow c:

On the other side. perhaps it's about time that they finally looked at our tickets about hackers. as i've had 1 open for a good 8 days with no replies. (never bothered making for the rest, as that 1 didn't get a response)
  • TalieTalie
    Reactions: 490
    edited November 2016
    It's a shame to see our community come to this. Back on EMS, our GM's were online and pro-active. It was a rarity to see a real life hacker! Now, its beginning to feel like it's a rarity to see a legit player levelling lol.
    I was shocked to see meso-sellers smega'ing repeatedly as well. Something I rarely recall seeing on EMS and if it did happen, it was a single smega before the character was removed from the game.
    Is there no way we can either get back our old GM's or perhaps a new set to monitor Luna as I feel I am probably not the only player starting to get disillusioned with recent events.
    Bahamut_X
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    Yeh, i just got chased out of temple of time by a bleeping blaze wizard hacker. And i was there first, not like they took an empty room, they are so fricking blatant about it because they know nothing will be done :(
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

Yeh, i just got chased out of temple of time by a bleeping blaze wizard hacker. And i was there first, not like they took an empty room, they are so fricking blatant about it because they know nothing will be done :(
    same situation as mine I was in korean folk town defeating moon bunny of course I was there first to train then suddenly a bowmaster hacker appeared out of no where saying false comments *I was here in the first place* and no gm appeared to say to this hacker since gm don't have the power to do so.

• AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    This is why I gave up playing on Demethos and went to Reboot, but I've already seen a 15-16 hackers on Reboot in the past week. It's super annoying because even though they can't up the economy here they still ruin the grinding maps.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

This is why I gave up playing on Demethos and went to Reboot, but I've already seen a 15-16 hackers on Reboot in the past week. It's super annoying because even though they can't up the economy here they still ruin the grinding maps.
    ...:/

• Kairi2500Kairi2500
    Reactions: 320
    edited November 2016
    Scrapyard is filled with them too, mostly blaze wiz. pretty much my training spot are taken away because of them.
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Kairi2500
    Kairi2500 said:

Scrapyard is filled with them too, mostly blaze wiz. pretty much my training spot are taken away because of them.
    Add World Tree to that, top stems are filled with them