[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Start banning player botters before V patch.

PeepPeep
Reactions: 3,950
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Nexon, it's been a while but with the holidays coming up you have a serious influx of high level player botters trying to hit 250 before the V patch. I'm not talking about the blaze wizard gold farmers, I'm talking about actual players macro botting and hacking. Please do not allow this to happen. This is happening at Dark World Tree: Upper left and right-stem maps. You really need to get a GM or two to do a quick patrol at 3 different times of the day if possible of these 2 maps on all servers.

I guarantee you will find well over 4 players trying to bot to lvl250 on these maps. Please do something about it before it's too late. People are macro botting to 250 because leveling actually plays a bigger part when unlocking things for the V patch.

Already reported but with the V patch so close I doubt anything will be done before then or even after.
deadend5193LunaaaaaWildFreekKoffie

Comments

• LunaaaaaLunaaaaa
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2016
    ^ this right here

this is so unfair that there are so many players getting away with this, needs to be put to a stop swiftly so people who are actually training legit can actually feel an accomplishment vs someone whose doing it just so they can perm afk, its not fair and its not right.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    Guys.... I know u want your voice to be heard but I don't think nexonA would ever Start banning botters,hackers e.t.c this has been going on for 11 years.
  • PeepPeep
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

Guys.... I know u want your voice to be heard but I don't think nexonA would ever Start banning botters,hackers e.t.c this has been going on for 11 years.
    They have though. The problem is there are times were they seem to get lazy (or perhaps have too much on their plate) and just slow down tremendously. Only reason I'm bringing this up is because they have slowed down and there are loads of people trying to get away with it at the areas listed as we speak. It's best if all of them get banned before the V patch.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

Lilyflower

They have though. The problem is there are times were they seem to get lazy (or perhaps have too much on their plate) and just slow down tremendously. Only reason I'm bringing this up is because they have slowed down and there are loads of people trying to get away with it at the areas listed as we speak. It's best if all of them get banned before the V patch.
    .... I know that their lazy but we as players what were gonna do if we raise our voice and they Start to ignore or get lazy I'm not saying we should give up but like I said what were gonna do and since the v update is coming idk what to say further.

• DeathStarDeathStar
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited November 2016
    submitted a ticket reporting a high level player even with a 10 minute video evidence.
    GM gave me generic response and never did anything

I get Nexon doesn't want to lose players and who not, but at least give them temp ban and put them off ranking.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    I actually reported a level 229 bot just yesterday...they hit 230...which makes me sad :c If I had the power...Id go around banning bots all freakin day =3= Maybe Nexon should consider volunteer GMs (with extensively hard approval system so trolls don't get in and ban their friends)
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2016
    They have yet to ban the players who had macro'd all the way up to 250 so good luck with this
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Yolo
    Yolo said:

They have yet to ban the players who had macro'd all the way up to 250 so good luck with this
    This is the reason I no longer care about high level botters. Banning the new ones won't restore prestige to the rankings since dozens upon dozens of those people got there through the benefits of botting (either directly or indirectly). Unless Nexon retroactively bans them (which they can't do) then there isn't much point in banning the new people botting their way to 250. Nexon should have cracked down hard years ago when we first got unleashed.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2016
    I think see people using wrong terms here. I think you all mean macro, not botting o.0 @Nexon: Anyways, botters and macroers have to be banned, especially botters in normal server... STOP looking in Reboot cuz it's not a pay2win server o-0 In 5th job, in normal server, I can easily see botters farming tradeable core fragments, so they can sell a bunch in FM.
  • PeepPeep
    edited November 2016
    Yeah you're going to see even more people botting after the V patch for the cores which can be sold. Right now they're mostly bunched up in one spot. It would be such an easy task to simply go to the area and investigate each person on all ch in the two maps. You'd probably catch at least 6-8 people in a single check.
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited November 2016
    No but they're more then happy to perm ban you for buying mesos though but allow exploiters and botters to control the market.
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited November 2016
    While I agree that nexon needs to find away to deal with bots, simply banning them won't do the trick, even if it's an IP or hardware ban. What nexon needs to do is take one step at a time and collaborate with the community and come up with a solution to deal with the bots showing up on rankings.

I also think nexon should increase the "Blacklist" limit of people/bots you can add. The fitter for names and spamming also needs to be adjusted, for example @,@@@,@@@@@ you can see where I'm going with this, should be frittered.

It's not that hard to work with fitters and I'm sure I could do it myself if I was taught how to use whichever program they use, and I would even do it for free.

Back on topic, one way that could possbily deal away with bots, is a better anti-hack shield. Their are many great ones out there that I see work well in other games and even if a bot or player was able to bypass it, they would be dealt with sooner then later.

One thing that could possibly prevent bots, & hackers ETC, maybe real life consequences, such as giving 3 warring strikes, each with a fine, strike one $500, strike 2 $1500, final strike $5000, these are just examples. also each strike should come with x amount of ban time, 3rd being permanent.

If the same individual, keeps braking the rules and comes back, then they should be jail or community service time, I highly doubt this will ever happen but you never know.

Well that's my 2 cents on it.

Sincerely - KMF
    Lilyflower
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    KMF
    KMF said:

While I agree that nexon needs to find away to deal with bots, simply banning them won't do the trick, even if it's an IP or hardware ban. What nexon needs to do is take one step at a time and collaborate with the community and come up with a solution to deal with the bots showing up on rankings.

I also think nexon should increase the "Blacklist" limit of people/bots you can add. The fitter for names and spamming also needs to be adjusted, for example @,@@@,@@@@@ you can see where I'm going with this, should be frittered.

It's not that hard to work with fitters and I'm sure I could do it myself if I was taught how to use whichever program they use, and I would even do it for free.

Back on topic, one way that could possbily deal away with bots, is a better anti-hack shield. Their are many great ones out there that I see work well in other games and even if a bot or player was able to bypass it, they would be dealt with sooner then later.

One thing that could possibly prevent bots, & hackers ETC, maybe real life consequences, such as giving 3 warring strikes, each with a fine, strike one $500, strike 2 $1500, final strike $5000, these are just examples. also each strike should come with x amount of ban time, 3rd being permanent.

If the same individual, keeps braking the rules and comes back, then they should be jail or community service time, I highly doubt this will ever happen but you never know.

Sincerely - KMF
    How would Nexon even enforce something like a fine anyway? And jail and community service for hacking in a game? Not only is that punishment way disproportionate to the crime, but again, how in the world would Nexon even find the people responsible? It's not as though they have a crack team for this.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    KMF
    KMF said:

Sincerely - KMF
    maplestory is the only one thats suffering while other mmos have better anti protection against botters hackers and gold farmers e.t.c even they listen to the players and fix everything to keep the game alive . while maplestory is in trouble :/ if nexon could only listen for the players for once and to put better anti protection against botters,hackers or any third party program to keep the game alive! its not that hard to put anti protection but for nexon psh their lazy.

• KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited November 2016
    PhoenixKumo

KMF
    KMF said:

Sincerely - KMF
    How would Nexon even enforce something like a fine anyway? And jail and community service for hacking in a game? Not only is that punishment way disproportionate to the crime, but again, how in the world would Nexon even find the people responsible? It's not as though they have a crack team for this.
    Honestly, I don't know and was just giving my thoughts. They could easily do the strikes options with ban times, but as for fines, ETC I have no clue right now of the otp of my head.

I wasn't just referring to nexon in gneral, but other game companies, maybe someday in the future, their will be some shape or forum of what I suggestion or said above.

I think the strikes and ban times, is more reasonable and easy, also final strike should come with ip/hardware ban, even know it won't stop them from coming back, but it will prevent them for a little while

Another thing they could do, is make questing more fun and give more experience, so those who don't really want to train ETC, they can quest.

Sincerely - KMF
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    mon0
    mon0 said:

No but they're more then happy to perm ban you for buying mesos though but allow exploiters and botters to control the market.
    yeah because they adore them more than players which is stupid.

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    Bring down the banhammar!
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    KMF
    KMF said:

PhoenixKumo

KMF
    KMF said:

Sincerely - KMF
    Honestly, I don't know and was just giving my thoughts. They could easily do the strikes options with ban times, but as for fines, ETC I have no clue right now of the otp of my head.

I wasn't just referring to nexon in gneral, but other game companies, maybe someday in the future, their will be some shape or forum of what I suggestion or said above.

I think the strikes and ban times, is more reasonable and easy, also final strike should come with ip/hardware ban, even know it won't stop them from coming back, but it will prevent them for a little while

Another thing they could do, is make questing more fun and give more experience, so those who don't really want to train ETC, they can quest.

Sincerely - KMF
    A strike option isn't a good idea because first of all, mistakes and unfortunate coincidences happen like that other guy in the forums who DC'ed just as he was teleported by a GM to a white room and then got banned for two weeks. If something similar to that case happened, then you've already got one unfair strike to your name. Second of all, the strike system doesn't take into account the severity of the crime.

I don't think your suggestions of jail time and community service will ever come true though. In the past, Nexon has sued hacking providers, but it's so what? There are dozens of these sites out there. There's no way they could get them all. KMS requires your SSN when you register so that if you make an offense, that's it for you, but let's be real. How many people in any other country would voluntarily give up their SSN, or equivalent if there is any, to play a game?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

yeah because they adore them more than players which is stupid.
    I've been loosening up on any sort of leash because there's one particular bot that hasn't been banned in Lower Stem that I wish Nexon would get.

But if you keep making these kinds of posts about Nexon supporting hackers or being too lazy to ban hackers we're going to go down a very different road. Half of your posts are just Nexon bashing. Please try to be constructive, not just intentionally condescending.
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited November 2016
    I've been thinking of a interesting idea that I wish a lot of gaming companies along side anti cheat systems would be to implement, a server-side detection system that would be automated by the anti-cheat, in which you report a player for a set reason say, You have these as the options for reporting a player...

1. Botting / hacking.
    2. Harassment.
    3. ect...

Okay So, Player reports cheater for possible Botting / Hacking, so now the server has it's anti cheat system preform a scan memory against the reported player based on the report that came in the anti-cheat system preforms a forensics test against the reported user to check and make sure that checksums match, if the anti-cheat detects that both checksums do not match it sends either a disconnect packet or a report to system moderators and or both.

It would also be nice if to possibly issue a temp block and force and investigation on the reported player.