[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

All it takes is 1 gm (bots/hackers)

FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
Reactions: 670
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Pay 1 person, minimum wage if you feel like it, make it their job to just sweep through and ban the bots. They'll keep coming, but it takes time for the people running the bots to make new 1's, and a certain amount of effort. It's not a solution, but a fantastic deterrent.

At any rate, do something before the rest of the maplers return, so they have one less reason to quit again.
AkihikoT_DorJettLuvsULilyflowerPetalmagicPhantomMasterThief

Comments

• AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    With that power would come a LOT of responsibility. Though that's partially what GMs were supposed to be for. Which is why you can't be a GM on a Server you regularly play on. So really they need to hire more GMs or make a new position for public relations that when a hacker report comes in they're teleported and put invisible to the map to see for themself then if they character is going to be banned it's a computer and IP perma ban.

Though I doubt it'd ever happen.
  • FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

With that power would come a LOT of responsibility. Though that's partially what GMs were supposed to be for. Which is why you can't be a GM on a Server you regularly play on. So really they need to hire more GMs or make a new position for public relations that when a hacker report comes in they're teleported and put invisible to the map to see for themself then if they character is going to be banned it's a computer and IP perma ban.

Though I doubt it'd ever happen.
    Lol I didn't mean for them to offer the position to a player. And yeah, the IP banning would help.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    FoolsPlay
    FoolsPlay said:

Lol I didn't mean for them to offer the position to a player. And yeah, the IP banning would help.
    I figure it'd have to at least be someone who has played recently, so they know what is and isn't possible with each of the characters. GMS probably gets too many reports to be able to read them all so it has to go on a (has it been flagged x times? let's check out this player) type deal.

Like Shade's skill to teleport to monsters if you didn't know about it might seem hackish if they used it rapidly, or Kanna's random teleportation.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    FoolsPlay
    FoolsPlay said:

Pay 1 person, minimum wage if you feel like it, make it their job to just sweep through and ban the bots. They'll keep coming, but it takes time for the people running the bots to make new 1's, and a certain amount of effort. It's not a solution, but a fantastic deterrent.

At any rate, do something before the rest of the maplers return, so they have one less reason to quit again.
    You grossly underestimate just how little time it actually takes, and how much of the process can be automated via scripting.
    JettLuvsU
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    FoolsPlay
    FoolsPlay said:

It takes less time to make a new account than it does for a GM to ban you after they have already decided you were a botter and are on their way to ban you. This is why we have such a problem. GMs physically cannot keep up because of how trivial it is to make a new account on Maplestory. They need to address that, because they already ban bots by the 10s of thousands, and everyone can see that it has almost no effect
    Lilyflower
  • mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited November 2016
    Ha, the problem is... they get ban but then someone decides to unban them. I dunno how many players I know that personally exploited and duped and to this day sell gear for real money yet the GM's don't wanna ban these players.

I mean how hard is it to go into the FM and look at shops that display selling mesos or gear for pp (paypal) only I mean the TOS clearly states it's against the TOS countless times I reported these players to GM's fact I even went to the live chat and told them they said a GM was on the way.

weeks later the same player is still doing it never was banned never was his shop closed.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    I guess part of the hackers and duper give revenue to the game, that's why they still free in the game, i still think nexon would get more revenue if it was like KMS, where they count more on people than some that buy lots of nx, but anyone know if less people quited from KMS than other regions?
  • FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

I guess part of the hackers and duper give revenue to the game, that's why they still free in the game, i still think nexon would get more revenue if it was like KMS, where they count more on people than some that buy lots of nx, but anyone know if less people quited from KMS than other regions?
    yeah kms still has a strong player base.

I've watched people make and manage bots, banning their accounts would slow them down for sure.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    I would honestly do this...and I have a resume and stuff if Nexon needs it :T
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited November 2016
    As @Ivangold stated, nexon makes money off of hackers and dupers. People buy nx or use PayPal to buy in game items and why on earth would Nexon do anything to stop that? They turn their head and allow for it to happen. If this isn't common knowledge just go to ch1 fm and see all the stores selling items for real life money. Report them and see what happens. Absolutely nothing.
    Lilyflower
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    FoolsPlay
    FoolsPlay said:

sometimes i think u kids are brainless.. no it doesnt just take 1 GM since he/she actually doesn't ban them directly that person in charge sends information to a team of people who take care of banning etc. which sometimes takes a fair amount of time because they need judge how offending the crime is and if he/she should perm banned etc.

before u decide to talk again and say stuff that you got no clue about.

Both gaming devs,Gms, and so on have a hard time in not only maplestory but so many other games to keep it clean of idiots that decides to hack or abuse the system.

obviously we could implement a better security like they do in korea where u have to use sort of code that tells them who you are. aka a personal code

• DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    FeverJaws
    FeverJaws said:

FoolsPlay
    FoolsPlay said:

sometimes i think u kids are brainless.. no it doesnt just take 1 GM since he/she actually doesn't ban them directly that person in charge sends information to a team of people who take care of banning etc. which sometimes takes a fair amount of time because they need judge how offending the crime is and if he/she should perm banned etc.

before u decide to talk again and say stuff that you got no clue about.

Both gaming devs,Gms, and so on have a hard time in not only maplestory but so many other games to keep it clean of idiots that decides to hack or abuse the system.

obviously we could implement a better security like they do in korea where u have to use sort of code that tells them who you are. aka a personal code

Their point is there should be someone dedicated to it who gets the reports and can act on them directly, INSTEAD of the way it currently works....
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    If you know the areas where they reside it would make the job 1000x easier. I don't think they should even bother with low lvl botters but rather focus on the high level ones which will be earning far more meso. 210+ as well as keeping player botters in check. That is more than manageable by 1 GM.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

If you know the areas where they reside it would make the job 1000x easier. I don't think they should even bother with low lvl botters but rather focus on the high level ones which will be earning far more meso. 210+ as well as keeping player botters in check. That is more than manageable by 1 GM.
    Its not all about the mesos. Honestly, i couldnt care less about the FM and economy, on a personal level, as even on my non reboot chars i pretty much never use it, except to sell crafting materiels to people who have them in their buy tab.

the big issues are botters/hackers/whatever that are driving people out of maps with their hacking, esp when there are very few maps for that level range to grind in.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

Boy if I had a megaphone...Id scream it at Nexon...if I had a job Id take it super duper seriously and find dem dang haxors...
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Game has been plagued by hackers since beta. They've impacted the economy so much that the economy is hyper inflated. Nothing will change, at least clean slates and botters who provide cubing services is super cheap XD

Banning hackers doesn't benefit Nexon in any way, it's actually the opposite.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

Banning hackers doesn't benefit Nexon in any way, it's actually the opposite.
    Huh? People leave games due to cheaters. Are you trying to say that benefits them? To them it's 1 less potential customer. They also ruin the market, though by now it's beyond repair. You have epic pot scrolls selling for 25m-30m a pop which is great but it lowers the value on so many items. They also take up loads of maps and training spots.

LilyflowerPhantomMasterThief