[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What to do?

BlaxtarBlaxtar
Reactions: 860
edited November 2016 in General Chat
so, I like this game. pretty simple,no annoying skill tree. but what do I do? as every time I make a new character the game finds a way to redirect you to the theme dungeons where nothing changes. a ton of XP but nothing new,what do I do besides that? as the story goes as you level up I never really got to know what the game has to offer apart from like 8 hours of theme dungeons

Comments

• DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited November 2016
    some people like to do all the other quests - most of which are open at any level. You could just grind at various areas, I do this when I'm hunting gear - for example I'll hit lv 12 and go straight over to blue mushrooms to grind for lv 20 earrings that hopefully will have potential.

Then there's the monster collection book, try that yet? you can start that right off the bat - some of the mobs have to be specific elite mobs so that's a challenge in it's own right.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

some people like to do all the other quests - most of which are open at any level. You could just grind at various areas, I do this when I'm hunting gear - for example I'll hit lv 12 and go straight over to blue mushrooms to grind for lv 20 earrings that hopefully will have potential.

Then there's the monster collection book, try that yet? you can start that right off the bat - some of the mobs have to be specific elite mobs so that's a challenge in it's own right.
    you DEFINITELY want to take a look at the monster collection (which is different then monster book) when you have a new character. Some of the monsters are in the beginner areas of certain characters, and its almost always easier to collect even the ones in the outside world if you are a bit lower in level (but still in range) of the monster