[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How far into the SS ring are you guys in?

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    id rather get chairs instead of ring to much time wasting on cubing the ring.
    BIackbean
  • Raira94Raira94
    Reactions: 940
    edited November 2016
    i cant even get to the npc its kinda frustrating :S
  • NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited November 2016
    I'm not bothering with it since I can't even enter the event hall without crashing.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Anyone still doing Jewel Crafting?

Burned 320 Coins, still didn't get my 2nd S Gem yet.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    idk if i should get chair or try for SS ring ;c
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

idk if i should get chair or try for SS ring ;c
    Should probably aim for the chair. At this point in time if you have no stock-pile of coins saved up from previous days your chances of getting Master Ring SS are slim. As if it wasn't already slim enough for Jewel Crafting RNG from C to S.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Invested 3-4 hours everyday training at left stem and capped Cake coins since the event began. Still NO ****ing S Jewel. I've failed A + A like 10+ times in a row. As if there wasn't enough rng in this game.

I didn't get a single Dark totem for my class, but at least that takes 30 minutes. Not 3 hours of grinding lmao. I unintentionally leveled up from 218 to 220.
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Phew, got 3 S so far.
    I heard it takes an average of 1500 coins to make the ring.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

Invested 3-4 hours everyday training at left stem and capped Cake coins since the event began. Still NO ****ing S Jewel. I've failed A + A like 10+ times in a row. As if there wasn't enough rng in this game.

I didn't get a single Dark totem for my class, but at least that takes 30 minutes. Not 3 hours of grinding lmao. I unintentionally leveled up from 218 to 220.
    Exactly.
    The Dark Lords of Darkness only takes a few hundred kills and 30 minutes (that can be afk). It also has "consolation prizes": gold totems and the daily stat-boosting equips. So, even though I still think it should have a "diligence backstop", it's not nearly as bad as this SS Ring event.

If the SS Ring were available for outright purchase in the shop for 1500 coins, I'd have no problem grinding 3-4 hours a day for it. But no, it's RNG. You can grind all that time and end up with nothing.
    Literally nothing, because this event also has no consolation prizes: to even try for the ring you have to give up everything else in the coin shop, and an S ring is utterly useless. So it's SS or bust. At the mercy of RNG.

That's why I decided, right when the drop rate of the rice flour became apparent, to pass on this event.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited November 2016
    I made my first S Gem with 100 coins.

My second S Gem has been taking forever. 470 coins and still failing.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    Just finished my ring today. To sum it up, I cleared Rice cakes event + Pirate and Mice EVERY SINGLE DAY.

(72+25 bonus) + (30-45 Average Mice + 30 Pirate) = 157-172 or (130 depending on glitches Pirate/Mice Queue) coins Dailies starting November 11th till now. (Missed the first two days due to work)

That's accumulate 9 Days x 157 - 172 = 1,413 -1,548 (1170 Gltich Queues) Rice Coins in total. Once again, I didn't even miss out a single day while doing this and it took me 5-10 hours total (Assumed that the Pirate/Mice glitch sometimes) to finished em all (20% Drop Rate IA + Spider) on non-reboot server. God bless....

It's not impossible guys, but I do not recommended farming like this dailies because you might end up with Ulnar Nerve Entrapment SYNDROME or AKA numbness right hand pinky syndrome. (This will TIGHT your muscle against you nerve). It's not very painful but it extremely annoying to tape with 3-4 fingers on my right hand at the moment.

Edited: If you end up with this problem, just stretch your arm and take a rest from maple for 2 weeks - 2 months and you'll be fine. Hope that help.

Again, good luck on your hunting.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    i might try for ss rings hmm idk. coins are too hard to get...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited November 2016
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

Again, good luck on your hunting.
    Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to end this insanity. I've decided to horde my coins up until the last day then do a big fusion.

And yes I'm still at 1/4 S Gems.
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    My sister and I both finished our SS rings and we started on the same day which was 2 days after the start (thanks to UTC and other things), and we didn't even max out on cakes until a couple days after that when the food fight drop coupons were discovered.

I finished first around 4 days ago, and she finished today. The time frame seems right. We each got an S gem every 2-4 days.

Good luck, everyone. It is still doable!
    I'm trying to help my alliance get theirs faster as well by offering Kishin for Evo Lab farming for those who don't have another computer or don't want to waste time doing Kishin trades.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited November 2016
    970 coins total, made my 2nd S Gem.

I'm not going to make it, am I?
  • BlitzerBlitzer
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2016
    Finished My ring with 12 days left in the event so, i dont even bother with rice cake anymore I AM FREE
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Got about 110 coins every day since the beginning bar 2 days because of PST changing to something else, currently have 2 S.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited November 2016
    I can't go to the event hall due to the lag. I just lag out of the game completely most of the time now when I go there. Only on one day was I able to turn in some coins for V coins. The ring is out of the question for me. On the other hand I did the Dark Lord totem thing on all my characters and this year I finished with three dark totems of the correct stats on 13 of them. 17/32 characters done!
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited November 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

I stand corrected.... 260 coins later... I MADE IT!
    4/4 S Gems!

Now I just need some Jewel Craft Ring.... 40 more coins.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Its2Sharp4U

I stand corrected.... 260 coins later... I MADE IT!
    4/4 S Gems!

Now I just need some Jewel Craft Ring.... 40 more coins.
    Congratulations!
    Its2Sharp4U