[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory stories are the best!

PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
Reactions: 1,280
edited November 2016 in General Chat
I just wanted simply to thank Maplestory team for these stories, I like them much. Friendstory, Black Heaven, Heroes of Maple, Crimsonwood Past, Grand Athenaeum, Afterlands. Most of MMORPGs today are just click on quest, direct teleport to the monsters and then you kill them easily and repeat. But this game is different, you can see stories with actually LOGIC (not those random stories with no creativity), and I get immersed very quickly. I hope you guys keep it up with this game, although sometimes I see a few bugs, the work has been very well done!
SatìreValryiaFennekinKlarahypnogrisInvulgo

Comments

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    Black Haven was sooo good.
    I loved doing that quest line.
    InvulgoPetalmagic
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    Crimsonwood "past" its at best dissapoiting really bad imo it feel like
    someone took the original content deleted a bunch of stuff and made a reboot of it
    it leaves soo many plot holes and deletes a few stated things in the previous work from somebody else
    btw not just the "serious" art exchange for some "cute" style
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited November 2016
    Yeah... I take the story for granted sometimes, but there are so many games out there with much worse stories. For the heavily aged, bizarre and cartoony world that Maple World is, it has some fairly interesting lore and characters with a story that hasn't become a complete mess yet.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Heroes of Maple and Secret Stories were my absolute faves. I actually didn't really like Black Heaven though lol. I mean, I ship Orchid and Francis, but I guess I just don't really like the Cygnus Knights and Resistance. Neinhart's voice acting was also sorta cringe for me.

(also despite how much I liked Heroes of Maple and Secret Stories, I still think RuneScape has the best storytelling :3 too bad the really good ones aren't easily accessible to new players like the story quests in MS are)
    JettLuvsU
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The Grand Athenaeum's story about the White Mage was one of my favorites along with the old version of CWK.

A story line that a lot of people overlook, but is really interesting is the Magatia questline. I believe it hasn't been changed since it was first released.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    I really like the stories Maplestory comes up with too. In the beginning the stories were kind of slipshod and half-assed since Maple came up with the Black Mage as an excuse for new content so Aran and Evan's stories are kind of outdated, but they've been putting more effort into it since and it's been enjoyable.
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited November 2016
    The Afterlands are one of the best theme dungeons i have ever seen. Mechanically and thematically likewise.
  • fraddfradd
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    Sometimes I just wanna do every quest and read every single dialog that the NPCs have. But then I decide that would be really boring after a while, even though I'd want to continue the story.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

I am actually doing it again now in Luna.

Very fun ^__^
    Lilyflower
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    Don't forget all the quests - they give a LOT of backstory and show you how dark Maple really is.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2016
    Hats off to the writers.
    Gotta love the wide variety of stories they deliver extremely well; ranging from Black Heaven's raw emotional drama to Friendstory's lighthearted comedy.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Inb4, "I always skip all the text" I knew quite a few people who do that, and then ask for help in it, because they didn't read anything.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I wuv the story-line of Naracane made me feel for the ol' chap. Who would have thought that whacking snails with tuna can have a backstory like this lol
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Inb4, "I always skip all the text" I knew quite a few people who do that, and then ask for help in it, because they didn't read anything.
    I skip them most the time for random quest's, but when it comes to something like Zero's Story, or any of the main stories that have cutscenes and and stuff then I tend to read those, or listen if they're voiced acted.

I don't know about those people who ask for help for not reading, but I use Google if I need help. xD
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

I freakin cried...for Black Heaven...
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    @Hielk That's the thing though, those people I was talking about skip through everything with cut-scenes, not just a random quest or whatever.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Maryse
    Maryse said:

I freakin cried...for Black Heaven...
    Same XD

I find Lotus and orchids backstory so incredibly moving.

Also the music, wow!
    Lilyflower