[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

5th job is soon and i dont even have a main !

MeikosMeikos
Reactions: 630
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Hello guys.
So in Nov 30 finally 5th job is coming.
and i realize that i have not a main, i play in reboot got all link skills and my players in reboot are very bad i want to make a main.
after all this years in maple almost 12 years in june 2017, i played every class in this game and need your help guys.
what is the best job to play after 5th job update ?
i am looking for fun and good enough for bossing attack speed and decent lines.
damage is necessary too but it will grow with the time XD.
so guys help me and tell me pros and cons from you personal experience.
i would like to hear you opinion and hope you guys will help finally to find my main.
Thanks for the helpers and sorry for bad english !!!
  1. Make your choice ! (Reboot)34 votes
    1. Demon slayer
       29% (10 votes)
    2. Dawn warrior
       29% (10 votes)
    3. Phantom
       12% (4 votes)
    4. Shade
       9% (3 votes)
    5. Kaiser
       9% (3 votes)
    6. Cannoneer
       12% (4 votes)

Comments

• AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    from my exp best class will be the 1 u enjoy most playing
    also why u want to main so bad if u are able to enjoy all classes?
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    5th job is in December. We're only getting the preparation update on Nov. 30th.

That being said, play what you want to play. If you really want the highest damage output capacity, I heard Cannoneers got it pretty good with the 5th job.
  • MeikosMeikos
    edited November 2016
    I want to main because i am playing in reboot its one main world cause its base on mesos
    Ilike the job who attacking fast with decent line and damage
    I tough about phantom casue you are explorer to and attack speed is cap
    But to get enough damage for solo normal magnus or hard gollux its to hard
    I want main to make him stronger enough to done bosses and he have good mobbing for training and farm
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    5th job is in the 15th of december, the 30th is just the first update of the V updates (likely to be a 3 parter update)
  • MeikosMeikos
    edited November 2016
    I understand the 5th job us ob december
    But i want to prepar so help me with your advice what class to main guys
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    How about list some classes you like, and we tell you which are better to main?

Otherwise there's too many classes for everyone to tell you one, everyone will think differently.
  • MeikosMeikos
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

How about list some classes you like, and we tell you which are better to main?

Otherwise there's too many classes for everyone to tell you one, everyone will think differently.
    good idea ill make a poll and you guys will vote :)

• DragventurerDragventurer
    Reactions: 1,701
    edited November 2016
    Meikos
    Meikos said:

Well I may seem biased here, but I'll do as best as I can. Well, I say you should go main a demon slayer because as said, what is the best job to play after 5th job, and out of the choices given in the poll... I chose demon slayer. Already having a good base normal attack, it becomes even more powerful at 5th job. With the combination of blue blood and its time reduce, your main 5th job skill (normal attack) will do 18 lines of damage in total. Your Secondary bossing skill, Demon Impact, will also be hitting 14 lines in total with added ignore defense and boss damage. Attack speed is decent with most axe weapons giving the fast rating on attack speed and with the skill Battle pact your attack speed will be increased by 2 levels. Demon Slayers were also pretty much made for bossing with Demon Impact (extra boss damage) and Fury Unleashed (Link Skill which gives extra fury return on bosses).
    Meikos
  • MeikosMeikos
    edited November 2016
    Dragventurer

Meikos
    Meikos said:

Well I may seem biased here, but I'll do as best as I can. Well, I say you should go main a demon slayer because as said, what is the best job to play after 5th job, and out of the choices given in the poll... I chose demon slayer. Already having a good base normal attack, it becomes even more powerful at 5th job. With the combination of blue blood and its time reduce, your main 5th job skill (normal attack) will do 18 lines of damage in total. Your Secondary bossing skill, Demon Impact, will also be hitting 14 lines in total with added ignore defense and boss damage. Attack speed is decent with most axe weapons giving the fast rating on attack speed and with the skill Battle pact your attack speed will be increased by 2 levels. Demon Slayers were also pretty much made for bossing with Demon Impact (extra boss damage) and Fury Unleashed (Link Skill which gives extra fury return on bosses).
    Finally good idea and you know how his mobbing?
    did he good at mobbing and farming ?
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Demon Slayers seens good at mobing, they have more than 1 skill to train.
    All the choices you have are good at mobing and decent in bosses, they have skills with mobility too.
    I did vote for kaiser because he have decent damage, good hp and defence, and his mobility is good tho.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I love Shade at the moment, mobility, fast attacks, and better survivability than thieves except phantom.

I like the first active hyper skill, it gives you a boost like buccaneers removed transformation, and attack speed increase.

Decent bosser and mobber, but needs a bit more funding (not too much more though) than the rest except maybe phantom.

They are decent for training at 4th job, because they have a skill that can clone monsters in front of you (the clone gives 100% bonus xp at max skill level, it has a 120 sec cooldown though.) The clones share hp (which means inflicted damage), so essentially you do double damage if you hit both the clone and original.

This is getting nerfed in 5th job by giving monsters a resistance cooldown, but I'd normally conserve it when most useful on bosses anyway.

• WhutWhut
    Reactions: 745
    edited November 2016
    I have played a lot of Demon Slayer myself and I do really enjoy the class and it will also be strong when 5th job comes out. Very good mobility, very good mobbing, and their bossing gets a lot better when 5th job comes around.

I have actually never played Dawn Warrior before so I can't say a lot about it, but DPM wise they will be pretty high on the list after 5th job.

I personally really dislike Phantom. I don't know why, maybe it's the themeing of the character. After 5th job they actually have one of the lowest DPM of any character.

I personally really like Shade, but at the same time I also hate him. Shade's attack speed and skills are quite slow and feel clunky to me. But I love their theme and the fact that they don't have active buffs. After 5th job Shade will also have one of the lowest DPM.

Kaiser will be very strong after 5th job. Definitely in the top 5 DPM of all classes. I personally dislike his 5th job skill though.

Cannoneer has been a class I enjoyed very much, but it's a very long time ago I've played it. Cannoneer will be very strong when 5th job comes out, and their 5th job skills is amazing for bossing as the huge rocket moves very slowly and thus, will hit the boss A TON of times dealing a ton of damage, along with your main bossing skill. With that 5th job skill, you damage to bosses roughly goes up by 2 or 3 times, especially when you're fighting a boss with a lot of hitboxes (think Zakum, Horntail).

That's pretty much all I can tell you. I would personally go with either Cannoneer, Kaiser or Demon Slayer. I'm thinking it's going to be Cannoneer for me, as I do have a weak spot for Pirates.

Hope this helped!
  • StormblessedStormblessed
    Reactions: 1,295
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Dawn warriors are really strong after the fifth job update in December, you should definitely give them a go. Because I'm in the same boat as you, and I plan on mainning a dawn warrior