[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black Friday Big Spender Event

MapleguyMapleguy
Reactions: 415
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi. I noticed that for the black friday big spender event you get a tyrant armour and Fafnir weapon at random from the boxes. Its not fair that you give these out at random in Reboot since we can not trade with others or in the account. I don't want to get a Fafnir for spending my own money that i cant even use because it's not for my class. Please make it so you get a Fafnir weapon and tyrant armor from the boxes for your class instead of one at random in REBOOT world only please. Thank you.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    In Reboot, you're not supposed to get gear for spending money, at all.
    YonaxWildFreek
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Let's not mess up the whole purpose of Reboot
    YonaxWildFreek
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited November 2016
    Its not P2W its an event that people in reboot participated in its not like you can trade anyway i really dont see any harm in the game actually giving you class specific items from events?
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Do you not understand the concept of Reboot world? Many users play Reboot so they don't have to pay real money to upgrade gear. This is paying for Tyrant/Fafnir gear, even if the item is NOT your class.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Jaaaddddddd

Its not P2W its an event that people in reboot participated in its not like you can trade anyway i really dont see any harm in the game actually giving you class specific items from events?
    This is the equivalent of having tyrants in cash shop for 70k NX.

It's not an event like the MapleWatch thing, where it doesn't take NX to participate. This event was only open to Cash users. In this event you were told: pay real-world money and get a Tyrant, and if you pay more you'll get both a Tyrant and a Fafnir. That's very clearly against the principle of Reboot.
    Tuba
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Jaaaddddddd

This is the equivalent of having tyrants in cash shop for 70k NX.

It's not an event like the MapleWatch thing, where it doesn't take NX to participate. This event was only open to Cash users. In this event you were told: pay real-world money and get a Tyrant, and if you pay more you'll get both a Tyrant and a Fafnir. That's very clearly against the principle of Reboot.
    if so they should of stated reboot worlds are not allowed to participate and im sure people wouldnt of went out of their way to spend 70k nx people like the server because u buy cubes with mesos a tyrant equip or faf wep with no pot is literally trash
    MapleguyVekilo
  • JaaadddddddJaaaddddddd
    edited November 2016
    Cybunny
    Cybunny said:

Do you not understand the concept of Reboot world? Many users play Reboot so they don't have to pay real money to upgrade gear. This is paying for Tyrant/Fafnir gear, even if the item is NOT your class.
    Your not paying to upgrade people bought nx for things the wanted persuaded by the bonus item you'll receive for doing so people didnt go out and buy nx spend it on useless items just to get the bonus.
    MapleguyVekilo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Jaaaddddddd

if so they should of stated reboot worlds are not allowed to participate and im sure people wouldnt of went out of their way to spend 70k nx people like the server because u buy cubes with mesos a tyrant equip or faf wep with no pot is literally trash
    That's exactly the problem. People paid NX specifically in order to get certain gear that is difficult to get in-game.
    The Reboot server is supposed to give no advantage to paying customers. It's not just about enhancement, it's also about the clean Best-in-Slot gear itself.

I agree that Nexon should have said so from the beginning. But they're too greedy, and just keep looking for ways to get pay2win into Reboot.
    CatoooloooTuba
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited November 2016
    You guys are so annoying, seriously. I agree with u that REBOOT you shouldn't be able to get stuff for paying money but Nexon is giving it to people who have spent NX. Its an event. All i'm saying is if they are going to give me a Fafnir/ Tyrant equip, it should be for my class and not random since i would have no use for it in Reboot cause i cant trade. And since they did not change the details of the event sooner (before i spent my NX) so that it was for non-reboot worlds only or something, i should either get a refund or the equips for my class. Thank you
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited November 2016
    i spent over 200$ during the event on Black Friday hair Style Coupons, so don't think i was just doing it for the fafnir weapon/tyrant. It just happened cause i kept getting the wrong hairstyles.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Mapleguy
    Mapleguy said:

And since they did not change the details of the event sooner (before i spent my NX) so that it was for non-reboot worlds only or something, i should either get a refund or the equips for my class. Thank you
    Mapleguy
    Mapleguy said:

i spent over 200$ during the event on Black Friday hair Style Coupons, so don't think i was just doing it for the fafnir weapon/tyrant. It just happened cause i kept getting the wrong hairstyles.
    Why should you get a refund if you say you'd have spent the money anyway, for the hairstyle?
    Catooolooo
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    spending over $200 for a hair. rofl.
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    RNG is a cruel mistress

I also qualified for the Tyrant gear but it was me going ham over style boxes mostly oops.
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited November 2016
    Because i found out after i spent all that NX i qualified for the event so obviously i would want it, like u wouldn't? Unbelievable
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited November 2016
    Anyways, i will get what i and all Reboot players who qualified for the big spender event deserve and that is a Fafnir weapon and tyrant equip for our chosen character's class. Its only fair.
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    There's a 1/5 chance I can actually use it, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited November 2016
    Cybunny
    Cybunny said:

what u mean by that??

• MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Mapleguy
    Mapleguy said:

Cybunny
    Cybunny said:

what u mean by that??

The Tyrant gear coming out for this event comes in 5 flavors, 1 for each subclass (Warrior, Magician, Thief, Bowman, Pirate). Cybunny is implying that, because of RNG being the sole decider in this box, the likelihood of people getting the equip for their class is about 20% (40% if Xenon, who counts as either a Thief or Pirate).
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited November 2016
    Thats why i said they have to make it not random but for the class of the character you choose to open the box on in Reboot only since we literally cant do anything with it otherwise (trade in account to give to other characters who can use it or to others for meso or the right class ones etc)
  • MapleguyMapleguy
    edited November 2016
    You guys totally missed my point...