[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

great V events only for new characters

FeverJawsFeverJaws
Reactions: 640
edited November 2016 in General Chat
welp so apprently nexon wants us all to make new mains.. or not even be able to do the events since new events only works for new characters starting tommorw after patch

Comments

• mon0mon0
    Reactions: 780
    edited November 2016
    How about no?
  • FeverJawsFeverJaws
    Reactions: 640
    edited November 2016
    mon0
    mon0 said:

How about no?
    have u even seen the rewards? its like 500mil and other things. and for reboot players thats amazing
  • MödernMödern
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Whats the problem with making a new character? Burning is coming back leveling is easier. Most of the rewards are redeemable on the "main" you want. If anything just make a link skill mule like beast tamer or something.
  • KawaiiWarriorKawaiiWarrior
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    I actually got a bit sad by reading this aswell. I'm totally onboard with the burning event being only for newly created, doesn't make that big of a deal and prevents people from selecting an already high lvl character by mistake. But what i was really excited about was to finally do the push to 200 on my main with these upcomming events. It just doesn't feel right to get there with another class beforehand just cuz of the eventrewards, which makes me sad cuz i really want the event rewards! Would really like it if they took away the "new character" restriction from the 140-200 event :c #WantToLvlMyShade
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Mödern
    Mödern said:

Whats the problem with making a new character? Burning is coming back leveling is easier. Most of the rewards are redeemable on the "main" you want. If anything just make a link skill mule like beast tamer or something.
    Hard as it might be to believe, some of us have been playing this game for several years already, without any long breaks. All this time playing the same main, and creating each link skill when the class is first released (yes, even Beast Tamer, and Zero). Even if for some reason we lack a link skill, we'd want to burn it to 120 in a few days and forget about it.

I was looking forward to this patch for my main. Finally to have something to do besides "dailies" and regurgitated events. 5th job, V matrix, a whole new system to explore.

But no. Can't do that. Must first create a totally unnecessary character, level it to 200, do all sorts of missions on it (up to and including defeating a CRA boss!). Use up all our play time on this new pointless character if we want the rewards on our long-suffering main. "Long awaited", "9 years in the making", and now, hold on! wait another couple of months...

I leveled the Pink Bean class to 200 and did its diary. That was a fun diversion because I had nothing interesting to do on my main at the time. But now? Now that I can finally get some inventory space and go exploring the new area and hunting for new power? I don't need diversions!

Sorry. Just a rant. I'm aware nothing will change. It's just so frustrating how Nexon is always trying to cater to new players, while frustrating veterans. I guess they know that if we've stuck with them all these years despite all their previous mistreatment of us, we probably won't quit because of this either. So who cares if we're not happy?
    JulyJettLuvsUKerBansotZawszeMakazeKibaIvangoldsparebladeMews
  • toothflushtoothflush
    Reactions: 685
    edited November 2016
    i.. really don't see why this is a bad thing? maybe it's because i hop from main to main at least 3 times a month, but making new characters is always the best part to me. leveling from 1 to 100 always feels like an accomplishment, and leveling from 100 to 200 (which i've yet to do) would be amazing.

think of it this way: you're not making a new main, you're making ANOTHER main. one you can play on when you get bored with the other, one you can do random things on for fun. these rewards that new characters get are made to help you along that quest. yes, it's slightly catering to newer players (which, imo, is good) but it's not outright ignoring veterans.
    edited November 2016
    burning event has always been about testing something new so it make sense to have the limitation. But how does it make sense to set the new character limitation on an event which goes between 140-200 when most people in the game only have their main just about around 200
    edited November 2016
    and might already have the 2nd main that they have done all the long as prequests on and would like to get to 200
  • PuayaPuaya
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2016
    I don't understand these rants at all. It is not like all the events are bound to newly created char only. It is only one of them. What is wrong with giving new players and returners a push? And some of the rewards you get is not even char bound, meaning you can transfer them to your main. Making a new char and aiming only for rewards which are easy and worth to get for you will not take much time at all with all these brunup + exp event + others. And for some hardcore players, the ss character card stat and 5atk/matt 10allstat 10% def ignore final reward is definitely worth it.
    Nexon trying to frustrate veterans? It is more like you got frustrated cuz you can't have everything.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Puaya
    Puaya said:

I don't understand these rants at all. It is not like all the events are bound to newly created char only. It is only one of them. What is wrong with giving new players and returners a push? And some of the rewards you get is not even char bound, meaning you can transfer them to your main. Making a new char and aiming only for rewards which are easy and worth to get for you will not take much time at all with all these brunup + exp event + others.
    Nexon trying to frustrate veterans? It is more like you got frustrated cuz you can't have everything.
    Check again. It is all of them. All need to be done on the new (or a new) character.
    The Burning, the Breakthrough, and even the Tracker (Diary), which they very magnanimously allow you to do on any character that was created after the patch, not just the burning one...
    Yes, the Tracker rewards can be claimed on another character, but that actually makes things worse. If the rewards were only for the new characters I'd just ignore the whole thing (as I did with the permanent pet for level 150 Blaster). But since I can get them on my main, I feel forced to do the tasks.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    Disappointing.. they promote this patch with this sentence: "The wait is finally over" and yet give events for new created characters only...

I already have all the links i need...

at least we can redeem some of the rewards on our main characters.
  • PuayaPuaya
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2016

My bad. I forgot its about V-event only and other events not included. Still does not make any difference. I meant there are still other events available to do.(V coin shopt/absolab weapon). Other then that I still can't understand you at all. As you mentioned, it is 'you' who feel forced to do tasks which I see as 'I must have everything'. Your points could only be valid if there was only V events available which makes it impossible for you to get any reward if you don't create a new char.
    So yeah, accusing nexon trying to frustrate veterans in your context is pure bullshet.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Puaya
    Puaya said:

I don't understand these rants at all. It is not like all the events are bound to newly created char only. It is only one of them. What is wrong with giving new players and returners a push? And some of the rewards you get is not even char bound, meaning you can transfer them to your main. Making a new char and aiming only for rewards which are easy and worth to get for you will not take much time at all with all these brunup + exp event + others.
    Check again. It is all of them. All need to be done on the new (or a new) character.
    The Burning, the Breakthrough, and even the Tracker (Diary), which they very magnanimously allow you to do on any character that was created after the patch, not just the burning one...
    Yes, the Tracker rewards can be claimed on another character, but that actually makes things worse. If the rewards were only for the new characters I'd just ignore the whole thing (as I did with the permanent pet for level 150 Blaster). But since I can get them on my main, I feel forced to do the tasks.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    toothflush

i.. really don't see why this is a bad thing? maybe it's because i hop from main to main at least 3 times a month, but making new characters is always the best part to me. leveling from 1 to 100 always feels like an accomplishment, and leveling from 100 to 200 (which i've yet to do) would be amazing.

think of it this way: you're not making a new main, you're making ANOTHER main. one you can play on when you get bored with the other, one you can do random things on for fun. these rewards that new characters get are made to help you along that quest. yes, it's slightly catering to newer players (which, imo, is good) but it's not outright ignoring veterans.
    Based on what AKradian said, I might qualify as a vet. And I don't hop from main to main at least 3 times a month, I have tried literally every class that appealed to me (and also got the ones that didn't to 120 for the link skills). I have 4 chars that I've enjoyed enough to get to 200 and to be honest, out of sheer boredom, even looked around for a fifth. There are several that I got to 180 but guess what? ALL of them are useless because they're not newly created. My only choices are as follows:

1. Train an entirely new class that has literally zero appeal to me and quite possibly a class I've tried and quit before. "Enjoy" my way to 200 while my actual mains stagnate, and fund it well enough to do that stupid CRA boss mission.
    2. Do as you suggest and create a "new main" which logically would be a class I already enjoy meaning the other char of the same class I have at either around 180 or 200 will be tossed along w/ all the questlines, the slot expansions, the collections, the traits, mounts, medals and all other accomplishments.
    3. Completely skip on the event despite the very very good rewards and just stick to ONE event that my mains can do.

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Mödern
    Mödern said:

Hard as it might be to believe, some of us have been playing this game for several years already, without any long breaks. All this time playing the same main, and creating each link skill when the class is first released (yes, even Beast Tamer, and Zero). Even if for some reason we lack a link skill, we'd want to burn it to 120 in a few days and forget about it.

I was looking forward to this patch for my main. Finally to have something to do besides "dailies" and regurgitated events. 5th job, V matrix, a whole new system to explore.

But no. Can't do that. Must first create a totally unnecessary character, level it to 200, do all sorts of missions on it (up to and including defeating a CRA boss!). Use up all our play time on this new pointless character if we want the rewards on our long-suffering main. "Long awaited", "9 years in the making", and now, hold on! wait another couple of months...

I leveled the Pink Bean class to 200 and did its diary. That was a fun diversion because I had nothing interesting to do on my main at the time. But now? Now that I can finally get some inventory space and go exploring the new area and hunting for new power? I don't need diversions!

Sorry. Just a rant. I'm aware nothing will change. It's just so frustrating how Nexon is always trying to cater to new players, while frustrating veterans. I guess they know that if we've stuck with them all these years despite all their previous mistreatment of us, we probably won't quit because of this either. So who cares if we're not happy?
    So yeah, this.
    KawaiiWarrior

burning event has always been about testing something new so it make sense to have the limitation. But how does it make sense to set the new character limitation on an event which goes between 140-200 when most people in the game only have their main just about around 200

and might already have the 2nd main that they have done all the long as prequests on and would like to get to 200

and this.
    Puaya
    Puaya said:

I don't understand these rants at all. It is not like all the events are bound to newly created char only. It is only one of them. What is wrong with giving new players and returners a push? And some of the rewards you get is not even char bound, meaning you can transfer them to your main. Making a new char and aiming only for rewards which are easy and worth to get for you will not take much time at all with all these brunup + exp event + others. And for some hardcore players, the ss character card stat and 5atk/matt 10allstat 10% def ignore final reward is definitely worth it.
    You're right, it's not all of them. But you're wrong in saying that it's just one of them.

Below are the events which are available to everyone by default and would be stupid if restricted to new chars only
    Note: this is EVERYTHING below the "events" part of the update notes.
    V hot day
    Hi-five box
    V coin shop
    Holiday events
    2x and Fever time

Aside from the holiday events, all the other events are literally impossible to restrict to new chars. Enough said.

These are the events restricted to new chars:
    Burning
    V Breakthrough
    V Tracker

These are the events not restricted to newly created characters:
    Play V

So basically if we don't make a new class and get it to 200, we:
    -miss out on the awesome rewards
    -have nothing to do but farm boxes, play V and yet another go at the same holiday events

How does this not make you understand that we feel forced to neglect our mains?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Puaya
    Puaya said:

My bad. I forgot its about V-event only and other events not included. Still does not make any difference. I meant there are still other events available to do.(V coin shopt/absolab weapon). Other then that I still can't understand you at all. As you mentioned, it is 'you' who feel forced to do tasks which I see as 'I must have everything'. Your points could only be valid if there was only V events available which makes it impossible for you to get any reward if you don't create a new char.
    So yeah, accusing nexon trying to frustrate veterans in your context is pure bullshet.
    I didn't say they were trying to frustrate veterans.
    They are trying to cater to new players. They ignore the veterans' needs and plans. This causes us frustration.

• KerBansotKerBansot
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

They are trying to cater to new players. They ignore the veterans' needs and plans. This causes us frustration.

You know if they said you can do the events on whichever char you want provided it's the same world, I'd be fine. I don't mind doing 1st-4th job advancement on a new char. But 5th job? Jesus.

And seriously, CRA on a newly created char? That just screams "be an nx whale and fund your ass off to CRA or else".
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

You know if they said you can do the events on whichever char you want provided it's the same world, I'd be fine. I don't mind doing 1st-4th job advancement on a new char. But 5th job? Jesus.

And seriously, CRA on a newly created char? That just screams "be an nx whale and fund your ass off to CRA or else".
    No, the really funny thing about the CRA requirement is that it basically assumes we're all veterans who know someone who can carry our level 200 mule through CRA. A truly new player would have a very hard time completing this one, unless they're very good at making friends. Or, as you said, funded out the wazoo (which a new player probably wouldn't know how to do right anyway, and would end up wasting money on all the wrong things).
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

No, the really funny thing about the CRA requirement is that it basically assumes we're all veterans who know someone who can carry our level 200 mule through CRA. A truly new player would have a very hard time completing this one, unless they're very good at making friends. Or, as you said, funded out the wazoo (which a new player probably wouldn't know how to do right anyway, and would end up wasting money on all the wrong things).
    I don't know anyone who can carry me to CRA. And no Nx so time to henehoe. I'll be seeing all the other new players there. LOL!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Well me and my guild are having a leveling contest on our new chars...I personally will be doing a BaM for fun...
  • KnightzhellKnightzhell
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I don't know anyone who can carry me to CRA. And no Nx so time to henehoe. I'll be seeing all the other new players there. LOL!
    Me neither, that's what makes me mad. Some of the missions are complete non-sense. Me and my bud can't even solo easy empress and we're both level 180 how the hell are we gonna do CRA when we're guildess and usually only play and party with us and his brother?
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited November 2016
    I'm quite happy with all the events, gives me a chance to do my original goal, which was to start a new account and not spend a dime on nx. Now I can finally reach that goal and this time, not buy any nx for gambling purposes.

However I will still play my some what main account, not that far anyways only have 2x high levels and not even funded,