[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
    Reactions: 670
    edited November 2016
    Elindoril
    Elindoril said:

Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

I feel like you need to grow up a bit more. If anything you're the flamer here since most people are articulating their displeasure with the company's performance. You on the other hand are doing nothing remotely considered productive. This " flamming "; it's called feedback and helps a company note their flaws and perform better in the future.
    Both sides need to learn how to articulate their thoughts better.

Or at least take a grammar 101 class...
    went back a few pages looking for a nexon post...it's just you and the same few guys spamming and annoying each other...
  • BlueSkiBlueSki
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Yo does anyone know how we can register for the V Rewards if we use steam to play MS
    It honestly popped up the link through my Steam account.
    what the how???!? it doesnt for me

I'm not 100% certain but it advertised through my Steam and I clicked the link and it just brought me to maple's website... Even though you are playing through Steam the account is still apart of Nexon so as long as you log into Nexon with the EXACT SAME user information for that account, it should work I believe.
    So i just tried logging in with the exact same thing with my steam ACC and it said wrong password or non-existing account.Please try again

• isomisom
    Reactions: 515
    edited November 2016
    The number of Nexon apologists in this forum is amazing. The mental gymnastics that you people go through to defend Nexon even when time and time again they have proven to be arguably one of the most incompetent companies in the gaming industry is pathetic. Even just today they decided to air a live stream with people who don't even know how to play this game. Just wait for the same apologists to come back on the `15th when we get another round of delays.
    CoralinePlasticHollyxEvilSoulx
  • PawsaruPawsaru
    Reactions: 740
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

We wanted to provide you all with a general update regarding the current unscheduled maintenance [LINK].

We’re working on a few major issues related to crit damage for some classes being much higher than normal, some players having issues with new character creation, and the “Play V” event timer not working properly, along with some other issues as well.

Please note that at this time, we do not have an ETA for completion of this unscheduled maintenance, but our team is working diligently to complete all testing and get each of you back on the servers. We appreciate your patience, and understand how much all of you are looking forward to this update.
    This is your biggest patch in maple history (besides big bang) and on top of all that you guys brought it way earlier then expected, and even finished the update quickly, so for it having issue's isn't impossible. The only disappointment I have is not seeing a cs xfer event :( was really hoping for that event to come back, that would of made this patch perfect.
  • PapasPapas
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    Let's shoot for less downtime than when RED patch was implemented.
    I have a day off tomorrow and I would love to utilize it playing the game haha!
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2016
    BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Yo does anyone know how we can register for the V Rewards if we use steam to play MS

I'm not 100% certain but it advertised through my Steam and I clicked the link and it just brought me to maple's website... Even though you are playing through Steam the account is still apart of Nexon so as long as you log into Nexon with the EXACT SAME user information for that account, it should work I believe.
    So i just tried logging in with the exact same thing with my steam ACC and it said wrong password or non-existing account.Please try again

It won't be your Steam account. When I initially set up MS through Steam, I had to enter the MS account info, and now Steam automatically signs in for me. Do you remember your initial MS user info? Username or email that the actual Nexon account is linked with? Sorry I didn't clarify the "exact same" part very well.
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    personally i haven't seen much of what i'd call anger or rage in this thread, some criticism but i am not in the least bit angry.I fully expect this from Nexon. I also know when the game does come up it will have other issues and the December 15th patch will likely be far worse. My only point was Nexon isn't improving in regards to this and it has never really changed. We are the their live testers, probably because they've decided its more cost efficient and effective then testing them self, My complaint was the same one i have always had and have always voiced and will again until it improves or I quit playing, Nexon's poor communication and follow up... go look at the bug forums or the technical issues forums and count how many responses any of that has generated.

Then our CM made a post on the 29th for the sole purpose of answering questions regarding this patch and as of yet has answered none of them. That was an open invitation to ask questions and then to just ignore them is unprofessional
  • BlueSkiBlueSki
    edited November 2016
    Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

It won't be your Steam account. When I initially set up MS through Steam, I had to enter the MS account info, and now Steam automatically signs in for me. Do you remember your initial MS user info? Username or email that the actual Nexon account is linked with? Sorry I didn't clarify the "exact same" part very well.
    I never linked anything to anything i just downloaded the game off steam and started playing

• BingJingLinBingJingLin
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I'm so sleepy. I'll see you tomorrow Nexon. (。-ω-)zzz
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Do you mean this one? http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update

if so it's too late other than the 5th job pack which you just have to click the link while being logged into your account
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited November 2016
    poppinbubblez

PlasticHolly

poppinbubblez

hey guys im going to whine and cry over a game that i didnt pay for not only am i going to whine and cry but im going to about events extension when some mmo's dont even get events. and the greatest part is im going to flame a company that didnt have to branch off and come to america in the first place about how they run there game and how poorly there doing it because i no so much about coding that im a master yea..... man who knew i was going to do that, who knew i was going to flame like a 9 year old school girl who didnt get the teddy bear she wanted.... love kids man i love em so much i could burn em...image

i assume this is directed at me and if not so be it, i have a response regardless. There's a difference in whining and criticizing. furthermore you have no idea how much i may have spent on this game, but regardless they are a company, not some altruistic good Samaritan providing us a service out of the goodness of their heart, they are trying to generate revenue and we are their customers, and like any customer and business relationship we have the right to be critical when they are doing a poor job

and they didn't branch off into America to do us a favor, it was in hopes of making more money
    hahaha you think your special enough for me to make a post simply about you no bro not even close its to everyone whining and bitching and every company no matter how much money they have and how many employees they have wile have this happen every time they push a patch this large out you know why??? cause even in their test servers which they do have no one can possibly find every issue immediately. Skyrim for example took 2 years to make not to update but to make and when it came out it had more wrong with it than than a vegan fat person like didnt make sense, so if your one of those school girls bitching go where someone will care enough to write a post about you and if your someone reading this and thinking im angry and raging im not im laughing at the fact that so many gms players are acting like the world should be handed to them on a diamond engarved spoon
    Korioflin
    Korioflin said:

Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

poppinbubblez

to every one crying this is how the veterans feel right now.
    I feel like you need to grow up a bit more. If anything you're the flamer here since most people are articulating their displeasure with the company's performance. You on the other hand are doing nothing remotely considered productive. This " flamming "; it's called feedback and helps a company note their flaws and perform better in the future.
    1. That picture is a joke

2. Every company when making a large update like this is going to take a long time anyway and they need this time to get the update working well and effectively for the community to enjoy without one shotting CVel within the 10 minutes the servers were up. They realised bugs are going to exist and didn't think anything that major was going to happen. Though it did and the servers needed to be taken down for more maintenance as a small crew such as Nexon cannot search the entire game for bugs.

No it's just filling this forum with useless clutter. As for this taking so long. Nexon is the odd one out. Not the norm by a very long shot. For being a multi million dollar company ( in NA alone I might add) it's track record on patches and updates is utterly shame inducing. I've seen: much larger patches come out in worse funded games, with much higher graphics, much more complicated skills and combat systems, and come out with less of a gap than this.

It all comes back to Nexon being understaffed and unprepared for a patch it's trying to dish out. Now THAT has a direct correlation back to the company because that's something they can obviously influence. Some people are voicing their displeasure telling Nexon this isn't ok. It wasn't before and it's not now. That's the only way Nexon can truly gauge its fan base's reactions. Then there's others that are cluttering the forums saying this happens all the time let it go its ok it happens. What happens is from them cluttering the forums because "it's normal for them" doesn't mean it's right for a company focused on receiving a steady revenue from its player base to do. Yet because you few spam the forums so darn hard, because i see about 20 people spread out on multiple forums posting it, that when they check they see it's slightly the same if not higher in the former even though one side might have more people overall. It's completely unproductive and counter objective to do so.

xEvilSoulx
  • CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    isom
    isom said:

The number of Nexon apologists in this forum is amazing. The mental gymnastics that you people go through to defend Nexon even when time and time again they have proven to be arguably one of the most incompetent companies in the gaming industry is pathetic. Even just today they decided to air a live stream with people who don't even know how to play this game. Just wait for the same apologists to come back on the `15th when we get another round of delays.
    Whaahahahaaa sooo true :D

• BlueSkiBlueSki
    edited November 2016
    PlasticHolly

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Do you mean this one? http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update

if so it's too late other than the 5th job pack which you just have to click the link while being logged into your account
    yeah its that one but my acc is on steam and when i tried logging on it says that i dont have an account ive never linked anything to steam before so i dont know how to get the box

• FyrestormFyrestorm
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2016
    BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

I never linked anything to anything i just downloaded the game off steam and started playing

Okay so try something.... go onto steam and where it shows the "News" under maplestory, click view all news... Find the News that says "5th Job Advance Coming Soon" and click the link below that...
  • poppinbubblezpoppinbubblez
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    they have changed actually they have changed dramatically. Is it what people wish for of course not thats because the have to make a bigger change than most games from big bang to new classes to this, they have to change to keep there fans happy otherwise they wont be able to compete with other free to play games. and they wont answer those questions in the forums because its not easy, its actually sometimes impossible and its not that its unprofessional it that if they send out something saying we wont answer your questions people will feel some kind of way, even more so than they do now.There fighting an uphill battle because they have 4 games there working on across several servers not just gms so they have less people working on this game, hell they rante not that big to begin with so that doesnt help at all either
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited November 2016
    Hey all - You're welcome to argue / debate, but please no personal attacks / name calling. We'll provide an update soon, but please abide by the forum guidelines / code of conduct.
    KorioflinRithiaringayeenAglow
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Just wondering are people at Nexon going to actually be working through the night, or is the new patch just gonna continue off tomorrow morning?
  • Mr_DudeMr_Dude
    Reactions: 475
    edited November 2016
    Hey ,, whats is this u aren't kidding us right ?
    i really wanna know why THIS IS TAKING FOREVER MAN?>
    i don't really see anything hard on this . well good luck solving the problem .
    and dont forget my advice : Create a LocalHost Server for Maple and do all your updates and tests on it "While We ARE PLAYING " its simple . if everything goes right u can easily apply your updates and improvements without disturbing GMS players (YOUR CUSTOMERS)
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    Reactions: 255
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hey all - You're welcome to argue / debate, but please no personal attacks / name calling. We'll provide an update soon, but please abide by the forum guidelines / code of conduct.
    Can you define "soon" at all? Like, at allllll. That would definitely be helpful and quench some of these flames.
  • BlueSkiBlueSki
    edited November 2016
    Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

BlueSki
    BlueSki said:

Okay so try something.... go onto steam and where it shows the "News" under maplestory, click view all news... Find the News that says "5th Job Advance Coming Soon" and click the link below that...
    tried that it brings me to the site and it tells me to register now.... which i tried but it again says error