[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is everyone's Monster Collection at?

ElectrolledElectrolled
Reactions: 910
edited September 2016 in General Chat
Just wondering how the rest of the community is doing.

I'm currently at 311, but with only three complete 24-hour and 6-hour explorations each. So right now, I'm working on trying to get a 4th set of both 24-hour and 6-hour explorations so that I can finally sync up all my exploration times. I just need either the two Xerxes mobs or Cygnus and Shinsoo for 24-hour, and either just Vellum or Oz for 6-hour.

Maybe one day I'll reach 600 (heh definitely not happening)
MomTeresa

Comments

• WildNekoWildNeko
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited September 2016

307 Here. I'm Currently hunting Solemn Viking & White Fang elites and OMG it is hard. Already overleveled 3 chars in each mob and nothing...
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    im just starting to do it on Reboot and Glazed( its complete luck for the elite I mean come on) Currently at 78 in reboot and almost none in GLAZED(that'll change pretty soon.)
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Ive gotten like nowhere tbh.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Stuck on 125 in Grazed with 49 on Reboot how are you getting all of these damn.....
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited September 2016
    Currently at 221 on Broa/Khaini.
  • PikariePikarie
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Currently at 229.
    I've gotten like 80% of the bosses down already,
    Now I'm just too lazy haha, but I'll get to 300 soon then focus on getting all black chest
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited September 2016
    Currently at 280. I really didn't like friendstory so missing Magnus. PB on the other hand... I've done it almost everyday since they released MC but PB wouldn't budge.
    chaoscauser

Stuck on 125 in Grazed with 49 on Reboot how are you getting all of these damn.....
    Use a lumi.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Magnus isn't in Friendstory. and magnus is really really hard due to meteors( the problem with this is the fact they can snipe you which is instadeath) magnus is in Grandis. his questline is pretty easy too just a little long thats all.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Honestly i rng so horribly i like never get them added, friggin annoying x.x
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    yes its complete luck. I consider the fact that I got both Crimson queen and vellum in 1 day extremely lucky .
  • PikariePikarie
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

Magnus isn't in Friendstory. and magnus is really really hard due to meteors( the problem with this is the fact they can snipe you which is instadeath) magnus is in Grandis. his questline is pretty easy too just a little long thats all.
    Magnus is in fact in friendstory and you can actually get his card there.
    I forgot which chapter exactly you can do it but I know it requires you to do alt+f4.
    I was lucky enough to get magnus last week from doing dailies.

@KerBansot
    Using a lumi has no benefit in getting monster to register.
    Its all luck and the higher the lvl of the monster and its star, the harder it is to get it.
    Lumi does have a Lil advantage being best mobber but any class it good
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited September 2016
    What about a Kanna for MC finding. Kishin Shoukan is the best waifu of MC when it comes to normal mobs.
  • HolyGiraffeHolyGiraffe
    Reactions: 1,460
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I am at 70, and this thread makes me feel bad
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    I wonder how monsters feel to be taken captive, then forced to go on explorations.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited September 2016
    My collection at the moment

Lilyflower
  • ElectrolledElectrolled
    Reactions: 910
    edited September 2016
    WildNeko
    WildNeko said:

307 Here. I'm Currently hunting Solemn Viking & White Fang elites and OMG it is hard. Already overleveled 3 chars in each mob and nothing...
    Oh wow, that's some dedication for the elites. I have not gotten nor ever plan to try getting a single elite.
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

Currently at 280. I really didn't like friendstory so missing Magnus. PB on the other hand... I've done it almost everyday since they released MC but PB wouldn't budge.

I luckily got Magnus from Easy Magnus ^_^, and as soon as I got that, I went ahead and did the rest of the set.
    Pikarie
    Pikarie said:

Using a lumi has no benefit in getting monster to register.
    Its all luck and the higher the lvl of the monster and its star, the harder it is to get it.
    Lumi does have a Lil advantage being best mobber but any class it good

Just for their sheer mobbing ability, Lumi was definitely the best class to do this with (especially in giant Orbis and Aqua Road maps), but maybe more so for me because my main was a hero/paladin and their mobbing is the absolute worst in the game. Plus my friend was nice enough to Kishin for me sometimes after the glitch was fixed, and only Lumi could keep up with the spawn.

• KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Zero are excellent mobbers as well and they have a clear screen hyper and are very mobile.( they have both double jump and a telport) also they are very tanky
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I actually have Magnus but Zakum eludes me even though I have killed it so many times.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    which one? the normal one or the chaos one?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

I actually have Magnus but Zakum eludes me even though I have killed it so many times.
    Zakum is impossible to get, because the Zakum in the Monster Collection is called "Zakum1".

Before Zakum was revamped, its three bodies were called Zakum1, Zakum2, and Zakum3.
    Now it's a single mob and is called just "Zakum", but the Monster Collection is still looking for "Zakum1". So, not going to happen.