[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    JetUppercut

Coding something from scratch and using duct tape and super glue to fuse a decade old game with decade old data together with completely new code for everything are very different things and no amount of experience or testing can prepare you for the metric ton of bugs that comes with doing that.
    Especially when you can only test it locally.
    Probably not very cost effective for them to set up a PTR, either.
    All you can do in this situation is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
    yes, just sit back, watch anime, or what everyone does at this time, pretend we're all not playing maplestory as its a maintenance like every maintenance happens Have a cup of coffee or tea or over 18 beverage and relax.
  • ShadyNeroShadyNero
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2016
    ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

to keep going with this off the wall metaphor, yeah sure. a chef undercooks your food, you're rightfully pissed. but if a fire starts in the building that's unrelated to the cooking, are you automatically allowed to be pissed at the cooks? nah. because even if the fire started in the kitchen, and someone might have caused it by not being careful, they're not firefighters! they do what they can, and when something happens, all they can do is contain the problem and fix it. this is a HIGHER UP problem, not a bottom-level staff issue.
    chill, my dude
    Yes, but if they have a fire in the kitchen - caused by carelessness - every time they try to cook a meal, and furthermore, many of the dishes come out of the kitchen with random embers stuck in them (a.k.a bugs that never get fixed), then you might not blame the cooks but you'll certainly blame the management. Because that is no way to run a restaurant.
    well yeah! all in all, it comes down to how management runs a restaurant, and TRAINS their staff. it's not always just going to be the cooks fault; if management doesn't tell the cooks how to deal with the aftermath of the fire, all they can really do is try their best
    My point was that Nexon is failing as a company with regard to quality control. The specific department(s) responsible for the failure are irrelevant. The coders are obviously not perfect, neither is the management for allowing these types of mistakes to make it into the game repeatedly. If you read back over my original post, note my proposed solution: hire more competent coders. This is something that would fall under management responsibilities. There is no point debating which employee/department is at fault here because the main point remains the same - Nexon as a company consistently allows bugs to make their way into the game, creating a negative user experience.
    Wolfcat501
  • Celest4Celest4
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2016
    Took the day off just to play, only to be banned (for a day) from the game for item changes -.-
  • dizcodizco
    Reactions: 425
    edited December 2016
    Mek
    Mek said:

ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

people behind the scenes to be able to do this for us to play not only that the nexon team are fixing many bugs which showed up after maintance finished. Smh some people don't appreciate how hard these teams work. They might not of had any sleep yet :( people should be praising not bad mouthing them.
    Come on guys, its a game. i may get bad comments about this, but guys, think of it as this way, appreciate that they are trying to fix the bugs NOW rather then taking the server down unexpectedly....yes its been hours and hours and hours, but instead of bad mouthing nexon, appreciate instead, for what THEY are doing. They may of not had sleep, or proper food etc, but least they're trying? maybe shift work to figure everything out. come on guys, its a game, appreciate what they are doing for us. I mean how would you like it if, you had to sit at a computer to fix bugs, fix things for people who are BAD MOUTHING wanting to go on the game? How would you feel? Hurt? upset? want to give up?

P.S: throw stuff at me, idc, but i say, is fair.
    P.S.S: think of all the leveling you could be doing ONCE the game is up, think of it that way, enjoy the game once its up!

What if they are sleeping right now and we are just waiting for them to wake up?
    same thoughts lol
    AlmostEasy
  • myrojinmyrojin
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    is the blade assasin thief class any good???
  • ShadyNeroShadyNero
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2016
    MDenham
    MDenham said:

ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that problems with the game code are probably caused by the coders...
    Usually this is the case, but I'll recommend visiting The Daily WTF as sometimes it's caused by the managers imposing idiotic requirements on the coders.
    That's a valid point. Still, going back to the original point, which was that these problems exist because Nexon, as a company, allows them to, I stand by my statement that players have a right to complain if this type of thing happens as frequently as it does.

Wolfcat501
  • dizcodizco
    Reactions: 425
    edited December 2016
    myrojin
    myrojin said:

if you funded then hell yea
    myrojin
  • DrayvenXDrayvenX
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    It happens with any and every mmo its not just Nexon trust me on that.
    ringayeen
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    hey y'all, let's stop being salty at the devs and people who work on this game that, for all the crying you do, are gonna play when it comes back up
    which coincidentally has a minimum of 19 more minutes left until official relaunch
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

hey y'all, let's stop being salty at the devs and people who work on this game that, for all the crying you do, are gonna play when it comes back up
    which coincidentally has a minimum of 19 more minutes left until official relaunch
    Yep, they could be playing other games and watching things rather then complain about a day worth of maintenance! Gosh! It's no use crying over spilled milk
    ringayeen
  • SubsidedSubsided
    Reactions: 220
    edited December 2016
    ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

MDenham
    MDenham said:

ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that problems with the game code are probably caused by the coders...
    Usually this is the case, but I'll recommend visiting The Daily WTF as sometimes it's caused by the managers imposing idiotic requirements on the coders.
    That's a valid point. Still, going back to the original point, which was that these problems exist because Nexon, as a company, allows them to, I stand by my statement that players have a right to complain if this type of thing happens as frequently as it does.

And remember, this is not just now. It has been happening forever. Now there must be ringing a bell at the HQ that this is not the way its supposed to be.
    Theres a reason developers use test servers, which should be a replica of the running servers we play on. All this downtime and their extra work all costs them money.
    I wouldn't know why they havent improved any of this yet.

And being at it. What about the scheduled maintenance, which ALWAYS extends. Leave some extra hours of wait, and if you're done before said time, people will be happier than if they have to wait for hours every week.
    ShadyNeroWolfcat501
  • XeiruXeiru
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Subsided
    Subsided said:

ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

MDenham
    MDenham said:

ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

And remember, this is not just now. It has been happening forever. Now there must be ringing a bell at the HQ that this is not the way its supposed to be.
    Theres a reason developers use test servers, which should be a replica of the running servers we play on. All this downtime and their extra work all costs them money.
    I wouldn't know why they havent improved any of this yet.

And being at it. What about the scheduled maintenance, which ALWAYS extends. Leave some extra hours of wait, and if you're done before said time, people will be happier than if they have to wait for hours every week.
    I will say what someone else said. MMO's have all and I say all have had problems with paches. there are always bugs.
  • KensterMemeKensterMeme
    Reactions: 350
    edited December 2016
    Well let's hope game's up in 15-ish mins.

See y'all on Reboot~
    ringayeen
  • xSprit3xxSprit3x
    edited December 2016
    has been taking only 26 Hours atm. Dont worry guys this seems sooo promising xD
  • MDenhamMDenham
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    xSprit3x
    xSprit3x said:

Quit trying to jinx it!

(Seriously, it won't hit 26 for another four hours.)

ChevzFrøya
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2016
    xSprit3x
    xSprit3x said:

22 hours.. and it's worth waiting.
  • myrojinmyrojin
    edited December 2016
    dizco
    dizco said:

myrojin
    myrojin said:

if you funded then hell yea
    and if im not :D?
  • xSprit3xxSprit3x
    edited December 2016
    MDenham
    MDenham said:

xSprit3x
    xSprit3x said:

Quit trying to jinx it!

(Seriously, it won't hit 26 for another four hours.)

it has been down now for yesterday 5am to today 2.53 am, and the clock is ticking :)
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2016
    The flames of equipment in Luna server have been removed, why? Please explain!
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited December 2016
    [UPDATE - 2:55 AM] - While we had been aiming for 3AM PST, the team will need a bit more time, and we are now aiming for 5 AM PST, an extension of 2 hours. Once again, we appreciate your patience during this extended downtime.
    JulyRobinSpeedyMekxProNoobxJettLuvsUPonPon