[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited December 2016
    sustained
    sustained said:

bfreno
    bfreno said:

Diannika
    Diannika said:

Just want to say thank you for keeping us updated, even if the news you have to share sucks. It's appreciated that you are keeping us informed.
    Just appreciate a bit more of a heads up rather than dash our hopes so close to the deadline.
    Honestly, it would have been 100% better to say "hey we aren't really sure when we'll have the patch ready."

I dunno, barring a longer extension as some suggested, with built in extra time, id much rather have stated times to check back instead of having to check every few minutes
  • DionysawDionysaw
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Anklets
    Anklets said:

Yeah this kinda proves my point. They knew they were gonna wait til the morning once the programmers and coders came into work at 5 and give them a couple hours to get the new minor patch ready and go through it. Definitely didn't work on anything all evening and early morning I can almost guarantee. Now its just straight up lying and having this Oneletter dude and the CM telling us BS basically so they don't look bad. Like I said earlier just tell people the real time you expect everything to be done, its pretty simple like why lie? The constant extensions are comical at this point and make you guys look way worse than if you give a bigger time frame to work with and just finish earlier.
    This doesn't prove your point, you haven't provided any evidence or helpful insight. This is all just speculation.
  • DabTooStrongDabTooStrong
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    woke up and its STILL down? lol this is kinda ridiculous. I know when it finallly goes up no ones gonna come back to this thread of course, but its crazy how long this patch is and how many people are pissed off(me being one of them of course). Now im not here to gripe and moan or anything but people have to understand that this is a forum. I feel like its perfectly fine to complain and vent your frustrations on forums 100% as they are forums, an outlet to express your thoughts on what the forum is for. I leave with this; im very annoyed but i just woke up so imma get some breakfast and binge watch some anime again, do your best nexon crew and MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS 100% UP TO PAR BEFORE OPENING THE SERVER FLOOD GATES, SO WHEN YOU ARE SOLOING A BOSS LIKE I WAS, IT DOESNT JUST RIP YOU AWAY FROM DAT AMAAAAAAAZING DAMAGE I WAS DOING.......ahem......stay classy everyone :D
  • Sixis010Sixis010
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    Angeló
    Angeló said:

Everyone saying "Nexon is doing bad business" and "omg Nexon so bad company". Try to remember this. Nexon is providing you with FREE, CONTENT. I repeat.

FREE, CONTENT.

The game itself is not a business, i'ts mainly about how much time do you spend on the game that determines your progress.

And if you want to direct yourselves to "BUT THE CASSHOP BLUBLUBLUH I PAID BIHG MONIS FOR TIS GAEM"

It's entirely optional, none of it hinders your gameplay but it mainly consists of "i want to spend less time doing the things i can do for free so i will pay for it". You wanted to pay for something witihin their free product and so you did, nobody forced you.

My point being stop crying like goddamn children and appreciate that EVEN THOUGH the product is ENTIRELY FREE, Nexon is working nonstop in trying to fix the issue and decides constantly that instead of giving you a faulty product they rather take the hit from all the little kiddies crying over extended maintenance than actually letting their FREE PRODUCT be faulty.

If it wasn't free no one would play it. If no one would play it the game would shut down.

When its free it generates revenue through in game purchases, if it didn't generate revenue the game would shut down.

People have a right to criticize and be upset about something.

The game itself is not a business? https://mmos.com/editorials/most-profitable-mmos-mmorpgs

People here are complaining about the maintenance.

What are you doing? Defending nexon? What you have some personal feelings for them or something? lol
    Julybfreno
  • sustainedsustained
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    SimbaX
    SimbaX said:

I (as well as many others) probably would not mind this long maintenance at all if the x2 was just made to be for the entirety of today and tomorrow, instead of those wonky hours that plenty of players can't enjoy due to work/school. :(
    I don't know why 2x isn't all day in the first place tbh
    SimbaX
  • uzumakialiuzumakiali
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    all i can say is i am dead inside now i only hoped for DA 5th job my whole week and now here we go :) doomed to wait for eternity
    sustainedToxicBunny
  • ToxicBunnyToxicBunny
    Reactions: 440
    edited December 2016
    We are suppose to get perks that last for a certain amount of time which was suppose to start yesterday and I hope these perks extended.
    sustained
  • sustainedsustained
    edited December 2016
    OH HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS NEW PATCH THAT WE'RE RELEASING WITH ALL NEW 5TH JOB AND A BUNCH OF QOL CHANGES TO THE GAME!! WHEN WILL YOU BE ABLE TO UPDATE AND PLAY? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DBZ!
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    S2kBry
    S2kBry said:

ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

S2kBry
    S2kBry said:

aint nobody got time for this
    then leave, my dude
    u got 1 eyebrow
    LEAVE MY EYEBROW ALONE WEH
  • Punisher106Punisher106
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    I'll say this much, this is worse than what went down when Big Bang came out...
    ToxicBunny
  • AluramAluram
    Reactions: 520
    edited December 2016
    Will the length of the events be extended?
    bfrenoCoraline
  • ToxicBunnyToxicBunny
    Reactions: 440
    edited December 2016
    Aluram
    Aluram said:

Hopefully
  • AnkletsAnklets
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    Dionysaw
    Dionysaw said:

Anklets
    Anklets said:

Yeah this kinda proves my point. They knew they were gonna wait til the morning once the programmers and coders came into work at 5 and give them a couple hours to get the new minor patch ready and go through it. Definitely didn't work on anything all evening and early morning I can almost guarantee. Now its just straight up lying and having this Oneletter dude and the CM telling us BS basically so they don't look bad. Like I said earlier just tell people the real time you expect everything to be done, its pretty simple like why lie? The constant extensions are comical at this point and make you guys look way worse than if you give a bigger time frame to work with and just finish earlier.
    This doesn't prove your point, you haven't provided any evidence or helpful insight. This is all just speculation.
    Yeah cause I wasnt talking about it in this forum, been on discord with my guildies. That's your opinion and this is mine so just leave it at that. It's also most likely true and the most logical reason I can think of as to why it's been taking this long. imo it makes a ton of sense that they just waited til the coders came into work like 20 mins ago and now they have a couple hours to get things running again. Ofc I dont have "proof" who has proof of anything with nexon, none of us are on the programming team. 99% of everything in this thread has been peoples own opinions about what's been going on
  • sustainedsustained
    edited December 2016
    ToxicBunny

Aluram
    Aluram said:

Hopefully
    and we better be compensated hella for this is bullshit.

• DydzoDydzo
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    Hello first i wanna thak you for your reammy great communication it's appreciated (no sarcasm).
    Now i want to know, are you working on people getting disconnected or the game crashing when we select a region ? I'd really like to be able and look forward your answer :).
    Keep up the good work, Dydzo.
    Coraline
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited December 2016
    uzumakiali

all i can say is i am dead inside now i only hoped for DA 5th job my whole week and now here we go :) doomed to wait for eternity
    You do know this update is not about the 5th job, right?
  • CarlCarl
    edited December 2016
    Sixis010
    Sixis010 said:

Angeló
    Angeló said:

Everyone saying "Nexon is doing bad business" and "omg Nexon so bad company". Try to remember this. Nexon is providing you with FREE, CONTENT. I repeat.

FREE, CONTENT.

The game itself is not a business, i'ts mainly about how much time do you spend on the game that determines your progress.

And if you want to direct yourselves to "BUT THE CASSHOP BLUBLUBLUH I PAID BIHG MONIS FOR TIS GAEM"

It's entirely optional, none of it hinders your gameplay but it mainly consists of "i want to spend less time doing the things i can do for free so i will pay for it". You wanted to pay for something witihin their free product and so you did, nobody forced you.

My point being stop crying like goddamn children and appreciate that EVEN THOUGH the product is ENTIRELY FREE, Nexon is working nonstop in trying to fix the issue and decides constantly that instead of giving you a faulty product they rather take the hit from all the little kiddies crying over extended maintenance than actually letting their FREE PRODUCT be faulty.

If it wasn't free no one would play it. If no one would play it the game would shut down.

When its free it generates revenue through in game purchases, if it didn't generate revenue the game would shut down.

The game itself is not a business? https://mmos.com/editorials/most-profitable-mmos-mmorpgs

What are you doing? Defending nexon? What you have some personal feelings for them or something? lol
    Well, good source I would say. Then look at all other top 10 companies, which one doesnt have PTR, which one has such long maintenance time, Which one has so many complains. Nexon, good job on those record LUL
  • uzumakialiuzumakiali
    edited December 2016
    Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

uzumakiali

You do know this update is not about the 5th job, right?
    i guess but why should i make another char to get the rewards for reaching lvl 200? while i have already a lvl 200+ char?

• BlueOceanBlueOcean
    Reactions: 720
    edited December 2016
    hahaha.....warum sollte es hier auch anders sein.....hahahaaaa.....
    Coraline
  • AngelóAngeló
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    Carl
    Carl said:

Sixis010
    Sixis010 said:

Angeló
    Angeló said:

FREE, CONTENT.

Well, good source I would say. Then look at all other top 10 companies, which one doesnt have PTR, which one has such long maintenance time, Which one has so many complains. Nexon, good job on those record LUL

My point is that you all behave like spoiled manchildren, i'm well aware of how the business model works, doesnt change the fact that its's free.

I'm not defending Nexon since i myself also want to play but i wont cry over them fixing the game since i don't feel entitled to the game.

They give you the product and the content and none of us are doing anything concerning coding or actually producing content so juat stop crying jesus christ.