[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• ChukkiChukki
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited December 2016
    MouseSocks

Chukki
    Chukki said:

DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

Well I just came back from a LONG Hiatus cause I saw the event and I just redownloaded it so I could try and see if the game was worth getting back into. So I am going into the game blind with zero friends to play with haven't picked a server even yet and... its down. Sad face* Oh well maybe by chatting in here I can get some tips and meet some people till it does come up.
    Come with me on Reboot.

I just reinstalled the game after quitting a long time ago.

I also like how we are both WoW players c:
    If you're coming from WoW then you should understand that big patch updates can kill servers, but Nexon don't have the manpower than Blizzard have.
    Definitely am expecting some crashes for sure when we log in.
  • JayanglesJayangles
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited December 2016
    Hah?
  • JayanglesJayangles
    edited December 2016
    I have no clue what u just said
  • MouseSocksMouseSocks
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    HeinekenHero

Lool If the servers are even up by that time for 2x XD
    x2 isn't till 7pm CET which is in another 4 hours~
    WarpMe
    WarpMe said:

Jayangles
    Jayangles said:

see u guys at 7am
    Where did u get the info that it opens 7am

• CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Jayangles
    Jayangles said:

see u guys at 7am
    nonono more 9-ish i think :D

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2016
    Wish i knew Korean, and been living in South Korea.
    bfreno
  • tikylertikyler
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016

Issue 2: Critical Damage

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

What does this mean? Their are no nebulites that give critical damage, only critical rate and decent sharp eyes skill. What is being disabled?
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited December 2016
    pleaase just make sure you fix as many bugs as possible this time XD
  • JayanglesJayangles
    edited December 2016
    tikyler
    tikyler said:

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

What does this mean? Their are no nebulites that give critical damage, only critical rate and decent sharp eyes skill. What is being disabled?
    Good point, my defense is that, some poeple have Crit % on their potential lines
    I believe that the people who had some crit % on their potential lines were able to do billions of damage.
    And nexon was like, hell nah.
  • CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    ENNNNN.... we gaan nog niet naar huis.....nog lange niet nog lange niet :P

• JayanglesJayangles
    edited December 2016
    They just worked all night. lets give them a break.
    I just wish that instead of banning some of us who had items in fedrick, they could just fix it all the way open it up to everyone at one time.
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2016
    Coraline
    Coraline said:

Jayangles
    Jayangles said:

see u guys at 7am
    nonono more 9-ish i think :D

more like just when games up to many time zones here XD

and pretty sure just beat super metroid speed run record by 1sec with saving the animals shame i couldn't record it and i had no witness
    wasnt expecting to get a perfect escape tho if other speed runners got what i had they could probably saved a good min or so

more time to play classic games on original systems
    Coraline
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited December 2016
    MoshiCryo
    MoshiCryo said:

xEvilSoulx

xEvilSoulx

not even BDO with their massive updates that made their world 30% bigger each time and all those stuff had this kind of bugs, and they are new, can't believe after 10 YEARS you still do the same, it hurts to see how you guys keep just throwing new content without testing and keep killing this game.
    you a you know that.? let see how you'd be doing. not because they already extended the game once that everything is the same? i wish i'd see you scripting and doing all that stuff bro.! Just wait and enjoy the play when its back on .stop crying

it's their job, they get paid to do their job, is like a doctor that tells you "sry i have no idea what went wrong during surgery, we'll try to fix you soon" over and over and over, or a mechanic who says "sry i have no idea why i fixed something but something else broke" everytime with every client.

If this team keep screwing every single patch, it means something it's wrong with their staff, and i don't neet to be a genius to see that
    When you learn to code go give it a try then tell me how it goes ok bud? because being a coder myself i can tell you your example is trash. codes break theres codes that conflict theres codes thats have issues with other codes nothing in the game dev worlds works 100% ever. so again go do what they do and then once you learn oh hey its actually hard and oh hey nothing works out 100% of the time then youl understand. because theres been so many times where iv done stuff and im like ok yea this should work and it broke something else or just didnt work. AND in every game ever when a update comes it ALWAYS introduces new bugs go look at every games update history and youl ALWAYS find bug fixes.

anyone noitce so many mihiles :o
    Chimichurro
  • MouseSocksMouseSocks
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    tikyler
    tikyler said:

Certain nebs were changed in the patch to give critical damage instead of something else.
    They were bugged so players could do large amounts of damage.
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    Chukki
    Chukki said:

MouseSocks

Chukki
    Chukki said:

DrayvenX
    DrayvenX said:

Well I just came back from a LONG Hiatus cause I saw the event and I just redownloaded it so I could try and see if the game was worth getting back into. So I am going into the game blind with zero friends to play with haven't picked a server even yet and... its down. Sad face* Oh well maybe by chatting in here I can get some tips and meet some people till it does come up.
    Come with me on Reboot.

I just reinstalled the game after quitting a long time ago.

I also like how we are both WoW players c:
    If you're coming from WoW then you should understand that big patch updates can kill servers, but Nexon don't have the manpower than Blizzard have.
    Definitely am expecting some crashes for sure when we log in.
    If you guys can, come by Windia. Some friends and I are just getting back into the game. I played Reboot for a solid week and realized it just feels meh on so many levels compared to the actual servers. @>@

"RikudoDark" is my Shade there ^^
  • JayanglesJayangles
    edited December 2016
    I smell something
  • JayanglesJayangles
    edited December 2016
    I smell....
  • WarpMeWarpMe
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016