[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited December 2016
    Doctor
    Doctor said:

Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

TBH i really don't care about compensation. The best compensation would be this to never happen again. Oh, and let's not forget for the 15th Dec. patch. Prepair for another 24+ hours of "maintenance".
    What's coming on 15th Dec?
    The actual 5th job update. This is like a pre-5th job patch. With the UI updates and all that noise.

• PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited December 2016
    I'll have a surgery and won't be able to go out of the bed for 3 days. My plan was to play maple...
  • DoctorDoctor
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited December 2016
    Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

Doctor
    Doctor said:

Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

TBH i really don't care about compensation. The best compensation would be this to never happen again. Oh, and let's not forget for the 15th Dec. patch. Prepair for another 24+ hours of "maintenance".
    The actual 5th job update. This is like a pre-5th job patch. With the UI updates and all that noise.

Mhmmm I see... tough days are ahead of us..
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 6:40 AM PST] During testing of the patch, an issue was discovered that needs to be corrected. Unfortunately, this will require a delay of several hours, and we'll provide a more specific ETA and more information as we correct this issue.

Thank you Maplers once again for your continued patience and understanding throughout this Unscheduled Maintenance.
    what happened this time?
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited December 2016
    PlasmaBean

I'll have a surgery and won't be able to go out of the bed for 3 days. My plan was to play maple...
    2 of those days will be on forums posting during maintnance
    PlasmaBeanToxicBunny
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    Doctor
    Doctor said:

Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

hopefully nothing so we don't have to endure this bullshit twice in one month
    S2kBryDoctor
  • BlitzVoidBlitzVoid
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    So I'm guessing it's delayed again -_-. Not to inconvenient coz I'm unable to play for another 3 hours anyway but it would of been nice to watch streams and pass the time. Atleast ffxv is out now so I'll watch that for now
  • XerxesXerxes
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Now this is just silly....
  • DoctorDoctor
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited December 2016
    HeinekenHero

PlasmaBean

gg izi

Hope everything goes smooth and fast recovery! @PlasmaBean
    PlasmaBean
  • HyrabaroHyrabaro
    Reactions: 895
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    lol guys thanks for a great time here on forum... first time :D
  • Riku593Riku593
    Reactions: 570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Xerxes
    Xerxes said:

Now this is just silly....
    Oh damnnnnnn!!! I just finished Chryze, I found Xerxes!!!
  • PlasmaBeanPlasmaBean
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited December 2016
    HeinekenHero

PlasmaBean

Yeah, my hype for Maplestory is too big that I want to play it and nothing more... If I could just drop it and learn C programming, I would be learning things useful for my future instead of waiting for a game that will come soon
  • IntlessIntless
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited December 2016
    This thread is as entertaining as ever ;)
    Coraline
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited December 2016
    MouseSocks

tikyler
    tikyler said:

Issue 2: Critical Damage

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

What does this mean? Their are no nebulites that give critical damage, only critical rate and decent sharp eyes skill. What is being disabled?
    Certain nebs were changed in the patch to give critical damage instead of something else.
    They were bugged so players could do large amounts of damage.
    ...from what I know the only nebulites that give crit damage in the game code are S rank ones. What A rank nebs were changed to give 1% critical damage? only ones I can think of would be the acc or avoid nebs.
    WetAndCold

Let see if they can break their record time for longest patch.
    Technically not the longest patch - people were able to play for about an hour after the main patch went through (and which is how these bugs were found, except for the crit damage bug, I have NO IDEA how they found that unless the bw hackers have those nebs equiped)
  • LexistarLexistar
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Retr0_
    Retr0_ said:

WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

Zapster
    Zapster said:

WONDERGUY
    WONDERGUY said:

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 6:40 AM] During testing of the patch, an issue was discovered that needs to be corrected. Unfortunately, this will require a delay of several hours, and we'll provide a more specific ETA and more information as we correct this issue.

Thank you Maplers once again for your continued patience and understanding throughout this Unscheduled Maintenance.
    its oke <3
    keep with a good work hope all bugs/erros gets ironed and be smooth af </p>
    Your as annoyed as everyone stop pretending you aint, you wont get free stuff for brown nosing

dude shame on you ...
    instead of being patient you decide to flame on people that work hard just for us to make it as much as posb better
    if you are that "strong" showeing so much power why dont give them tip on how to fix? whats wrong ? you can open files and deep search aswell evryone can help in some way but
    the things you say and do wont help

half of the blame its in the community that makes nexon work under pressure and its sad that nexon lisent to you and rush to open the game just to calm you ..
    They wouldn't have to work under pressure if they would stop lying by extending the damn maintenance with 2 hours EVERY 2 HOURS. Just let it simple "maintenance for the next 48 hours" GG. Would that be hard?
    Instead they choose to post 5 minutes before the deadline and say that it will take another 2 hours. 3 times in a row. You can't possible protect them for doing this.
    It's not called lying when new bugs keep popping up and you have to spend extra time to fix them. You can't blame them if they don't want to keep extending the maintenance by holding off until the last minute to let people know, because what if they manage to fix it in time? Everyone complaining really needs to get a taste of what it means to be a programmer and software engineer. Unless you've sat down and pulled an all-nighter trying to debug a program, only to find a bunch of new bugs, and STILL think you can do a better job, then you have no right to flame anyone who probably spent all night trying to bring this game up for your impatient selves to play. No Maplestory for a single day isn't going to be the end of your life.

CastielDev
  • KidsterJewanKidsterJewan
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Yikes 24+ Hour Maintenance. Hopefully they resolve this issue for future updates. How long do they estimate it will continue?
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited December 2016
    I hate to admit it but I am suffering from Maple withdrawls :( I hope you all fix it soon as I am so eager to go explore all the new content. Also thanks for all your hard work!
    One quick question though...did you all also add more character slots as well this patch? (as in more than 40) I was just curious and didn't see anything about it yet.
    DeathsLie
  • ReznovicReznovic
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    At this rate we can't even experience the event 0.0
    I'll check back in 15 hours or something...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

Wait, critical damage nebs? *checks nebulite list*

....those are from S rank nebs only meaning only hackers could have made use of that glitch.
    You're jumping the gun:
    Critical minimum and maximum have been removed and replaced with Critical Damage.
    Issue 2: Critical Damage

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.
    So basically any sort of critical booster could have done this.
  • PachomarPachomar
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 6:40 AM PST] During testing of the patch, an issue was discovered that needs to be corrected. Unfortunately, this will require a delay of several hours, and we'll provide a more specific ETA and more information as we correct this issue.

I hope you guys are working on additional compensations for losing and entire day
    Among other things, my Alchemy level will drop because of this